Eternal Lands Official Forums
Hephaistos

additional quest window under "view stats"

Hello everyone,

the proposal is to have an additional menu which works similar like the knowledge menu and where are all current quests listed (including mini quests). Everytime a quest gets finished it'll be marked (like a read book). Here are some reasons why i like to suggest it:

The current quest log is pretty helpful but you have to save your quest counter. If you lose them (error, using different computers...) you need to check all npcs again and sometimes you can't be really sure if a quest is solved or not.

There are many quests in game now (tyvm :laugh:) and probably more will be implemented. It's becoming harder to keep an overview. A client updated list would help to find out which quests are available but without taking fun to find the matching npc.

TY for the moment.

EDIT:

For a better imagination here are some screens how it could look like:

http://www.imgimg.de...8cfpng.png.html

http://www.imgimg.de...1f8png.png.html

http://www.imgimg.de...08bpng.png.html

http://www.imgimg.de...931png.png.html

Edited by Hephaistos

Or whose quest log is corrupted. I can pull up log on line for recent ones but not older ones.

One issue regarding this: some of the quests appear to be secret (like secret DP reading room and secret iron ore in EVTR) and you only know about the quest if you talk to NPC at right time. Would those be included as well?

Typically in game's I've played, a secret quest or key item would have a blank slot until you heard about it. Once you hear about it, it would be marked in progress or something and you could click it to see your progress.

Or whose quest log is corrupted. I can pull up log on line for recent ones but not older ones.

Not quite sure what you mean here but the log file text editable if you're careful. If yours is corrupted, it should be easy to fix. Before you try that though, I'd also be interested to see how it is corrupted in case its a client bug (I rewrote the quest log a few years ago when I added the quest list window and may other features). I'd be happy to take a look at your file if you provide me a copy.

One issue regarding this: some of the quests appear to be secret (like secret DP reading room and secret iron ore in EVTR) and you only know about the quest if you talk to NPC at right time. Would those be included as well?

Yes, a complete list of all quests but the secret still has to be discovered.

Typically in game's I've played, a secret quest or key item would have a blank slot until you heard about it. Once you hear about it, it would be marked in progress or something and you could click it to see your progress.

Indeed. :)

I believe this would be great just in case my hard drive fries.. I know that a backup is also possible :fire: but I would evidentally admire the fact to look at my quest progress on one of my other computers at the house without having to mentally note where I have been, what I need to do, and where I need to go to complete them.

Looks nice. Would help a lot of people who haven't played their whole EL life on one set of quest logs :P

Most quest NPC will give you a hint where you are with the quest, making it possible to pick them back up. If not, you will need a friend with a complete questlog or a very good memory to just follow all steps till it starts working again.