Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Lanfear

my pk suggestion

Would it be possible to make an option for no prize pool, for instance if i just want to have a PK Free-for-all with my friends, and we'd want it just to be for fun and no reward.

And exactly how 'cheap' would the token be? because what you guys consider cheap may be different to others :)

What happened to this idea? Was it even considered? I found this topic after I had written my idea. Please allow me to post it here.

Thanks.

"I think the reason PK is dead is pure and simple: It costs too much. What if there was a way to train PK for free? I've been trying to think of a way to provide players with the items they need to train with, but then don't let the free items stay in the game. This way people learn to PK and nobody gets rich off the training part.

I really think this could help PK become more interesting in the game. It may take a little bit of development, but I think it would be worth it. Here's my idea.

PK DeathMatch:

Implemented like an invance where there are ranges for players invited. IE 40-60, 60-80, 80-100, 100-120, 120-140, 140-160... (120-200 is too big of a range).

They are started by radu like invances now and you enter through the MM battlehall. When enough ppl in a range are ready, they ask for the deathmatch for their range, and radu starts it as he can. Costs to enter may vary by range. (For example: newbies pay amber, pr0s use ice/black scales)

You can take whatever you want into the deathmatch, but the ONLY THINGS that can come out with you is what is *currently* on the no-drop list (gold coins, basic leather armors, some steel stuff etc).

All players enter the deathmatch and they stand in some non-pk waiting room until the game begins. Maybe there is a countdown or we just watch the clock like invances. When the match starts, all players in the waiting room are spawned into a random location in an "arena" (could be a random map, could be the same map every time like iscalrith) and they are given a set amount of he/sr and a bone for a weapon. For example 10 srs and 32 he. The fight begins.

As far as when it ends, it could be based on timelimit. It could be based on number of kills reached by a single player.

Could make it so 1 player gets 5 or 10 lives. OR there is no death limit-You can die over and over and you aren't thrown out of the match until the timelimit or kill limit is reached. (the latter preferred by me)

When you die, you drop everything except what is currently not on the drop list. (gold coins, leather augs etc) If you spawn again inside, you start off with full health and 10 srs 32 he's and a bone.

Items spawns. Throughout the game, there are bags that spawn inside the map containing random items that can be used for the fight. Examples: 1 bow and 20 arrows. OR 1 dragon mail plate. OR 1 jagged saber and 20 FA. OR 25 he and 15 de. OR 32 he and 10 srs. OR 10 GHP. OR 10 EMPs. OR 5 eva pots. OR 10 dis rings. OR 10 high explosive mines. OR 10 tiger summoning stones, etc.etc.

Kills are kept track of and at the end they are broadcasted to every user who competed in the deathmatch. Could get pretty detailed with who killed who and number of times etc. OR Doesn't have to be.

The idea is that anyone can go in, find resources to fight each other. NO ROSTO REQUIRED. NO advanced weapons/armor required. The a/d ranges are similar to make it more fair fighting. Some players can gang up on others to take down a more powerful player, then they turn on each other etc. I think this will cause people to train more for PK before they go in and the result is we get more people who like to PK and will hopefully spend more time in PK maps because they are more prepared for how it works.

This is a cost-free (or low-cost) way to learn to PK. Entry fee can be tweaked to fit all. Once again, when you leave the deathmatch, its like you died and the only thing you get to keep is what's currently on the no drop list. As well as training on how to PK and of course any experience you get during the fighting.

Additional ideas:

Throw in some aggressive monsters which cause some requirement to fight and provide some drops.

Throw in some random large gold drop bags to be sought after as prizes."

Edited by littlebro2