Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Burn

Fast Regeneration cape/perk update - include Action Points

Since APs are over-time regeneration like health and mana, was thinking the FR perk/cape should affect them as well.

Nothing huge, as I know they're designed to take time. But maybe something similar to how sitting down gives a chance for an extra health point when regenerating... wearing the cape or having the perk could give a random chance for 2 to restore instead of 1 when a restore occurs.

Or just a slight increase in chance that a point will restore on the minute.

Interesting suggestion indeed, nice one

I do see the point and it is logical somewhat. Though I do believe it actually encourages to get the powersaving perk and then spend the afk time gathering action points even faster. With absolute non-action. So I'm not sure. I'd say: yes, but require client-side activity ever so often (of whatever kind, may it be walking, harvesting, fighting, mixing, for it to work and honour the name action points. IMHO too much can already be gained by (near) inactivity without the faster regeneration of action points.

Nothing huge, as I know they're designed to take time.

If you think either of the options suggested would actually be worth sitting around doing nothing over, you read wrong.

I know Radu intentionally made them slow to advance, thus I didn't suggest anything that would give them any drastic increase. At best this might get people sitting around mixing to put their white cape on for added benefit, but it certainly wouldn't be worth getting the perk if you don't already have it.

It's mostly an adjustment that just brings the perk up to speed with current gaming. The perk was designed for faster regeneration of the things that auto-increment with positive food on the game minute. Putting AP into the perk would fully integrate AP into the game.

Edited by Burn

Sorry, i don't get the point to advance AP regeneration in any way. APs are recovering fast enough and they are a limited resource which should be used wise.

For greater demand we already have AP potions.

Edited by Hephaistos

Sorry, i don't get the point to advance AP regenration in any way. APs are recovering fast enough and they are a limited ressource which should be used wise.

I can agree with you, I seem to collect AP pretty fast (without.. potions.. which i don't even know what they do, hahah), anyway, I would like this idea though, but it's no loss if it can't/wont be done :)

Sorry, i don't get the point to advance AP regeneration in any way. APs are recovering fast enough and they are a limited resource which should be used wise.

Pretty much my thoughts

i like this idea, would make me getting the 520 action points i need

Edited by nixxy4ever

100 Action points is worth about 2.5k in in potion. Making FR perk triple the amount of action points you get per hour would make this perk not only too good for the 3 pp it is but give people way too many action points.

currently the price of amber is about 350gc each that is nto bad at all, in fact due to the cost of action points your getting it at about half the cost to harvest ;)

Edited by Aislinn
Removed P.S. which was only a flame. You'll be taken more seriously that way.

actually i like the idea, and no harm done in implementing it, FR perk is there for hp, mana and should be there for AP too since they all regenerate over time.

would give a reason to put on the FR cloak more often.

Edited by Aislinn
Removed off topic response to another post which was deleted in thread cleanup. Discussed already with Infamous.

ticklemonster would gain from the suggestion if only enhanced uni meds did not keep breaking so fast.

nathanstenzel woulf gain from the suggestion for book writing if only he could find more book ingreds.

IP fast regen spot and numerous other fast regen spots would be filled to capacity alot more of the times.

FR folk in fast regen spots would probably benefit alot.

Amber prices may drop.

Trice feathers and other book ingreds would probably go up.

Trice feathers and other book ingredients have already gone up, due to a gc buyer that has no qualms in screwing the game economy in massive ways. So, that part can be skipped.

Actually, it all can... just bringing the fr perk up to current-day play with what would essentially be possibly 3-4 extra AP per hour (again, MINOR update, not the seriously overpowering everyone and their mother here seems to think is being suggested, cheesus people reading isn't that difficult) couldn't possibly cause any of those problems.

Nobody said anything about the fast regen *spots* btw. They're an entirely separate thing. Call them "fast healing" spots instead since it's a made-up name anyway and AP doesn't get involved with them.

Trice feathers and other book ingredients have already gone up, due to a gc buyer that has no qualms in screwing the game economy in massive ways. So, that part can be skipped.

i wasn't going to say anything more but then i saw this mornings discussion you were having in 6 and i just couldn't keep my mouth shut ;)

Book ingredients have gone up because more people are making and buying books, not because 1 evil rich man is screwing the game. and as for current cost to make, below is my math and i pay top cost for my ingredients, most players harvest a little or make some or pay less so i am at worst case scenario...

cost of each tailoring book:

Quill and ink - 325 x12 = 3.9k

paper 10+40+3=53 x24 = 1.3k

potions of action -2600 x 4.5 = 12k

17k total cost to make, factor in 10-20% Failand uLoss of ingredients about 20kgc to make..

cost of each manu book:

Quill and ink - 325 x6 = 2k

paper 53 x12 = 636gc

ptions of action -2600 x 2.5 = 6.5k

9.5k total cost to make fail and loses of ingredients rate of about 10 to 20% to make costs ar most: about 11.4k to make

How cheap do you want these books to sell for??? as most items in game sell for the cost of ingredients or just a little more than that- 13k gc for 60k exp is awesome! With a god its 76k exp! as for tailoring, that skill is so expensive to level a max price is ell for 25k for 60k is awesome too. try leveling a million exp off thread or dyed fabric lol. \

I don't think these prices are bad at all, in fact pears have dropped from 60k to 58k each now and hopefully will go lower.

and as for shortage of ingredients?? EVERY DAY i have more and more people sell my bot Trice feathers i have had no trouble getting them. You have a habit of following my bot prices but making yours pay +1gc more and as i raise mine to compete with you you keep going up my price +1 gc. I dont complain at all about this as I like the free market however the effect of price wars on the economy is that prices go up which you seem to be complaining about and you are part of the problem lol. Also im surprised you do not have more Amber and feathers because all day when im at work you had the higher paying price... Unless there might be a reason people don't want to sell to your bot?? i have had people refuse to sell to me in the past so i know exactly how that goes. And as for paper and ink i make all my self and less than 5 people have ever sold me Wood Logs i almost always harvest those myself so I am not affecting "your book economy".

I have sold large numbers of grapes to fellow book-maker raistlin (i believe he sells more books than any of us) every time he needed for exactly the cost i payed for them, and i would do the same for anyone else who isnt nasty to me. i am not a resource hog, and anyone who has talked to me in game knows im a nice friendly player with a positive impact in the game.. I even have my luciferx2 in a newbie guild and while i harvest i teach them how to play answer their questions and give some of them tons of free stuff.

trice_zpsb298a1fa.jpg

As for amber, MY Bot does NOT even buy amber anymore so don't say im hogging it all. also keep in mind when you do price wars with me your bot was paying more than mine for Amber so you should have as much as me if you wanted this much (yours kept paying +1 gc more if i remember correctly no matter what i made my price ;-) ) like i said there might be reason players don't want to sell to you i've been on guild and peoples blacklists years ago too. there's people who to this day still would not sell me anything no matter what i offer.

amber_zps6c374a7d.jpg

LuciferX

Edited by LuciferX

cost of each manu book:

Quill and ink - 325 x6 = 2k

paper 53 x12 = 636gc

ptions of action -2600 x 2.5 = 6.5k

9.5k total cost to make fail and loses of ingredients rate of about 10 to 20% to make costs ar most: about 11.4k to make

all I can say: correct numbers, thats how calcing is done

Thread cleaned up.

Let's try to not flame, and stick to the point.

Any personal issues can be taken to forum pm or game pm. The rest of us don't want to hear it and it sidetracks potentially good ideas.

Quick note on price wars, it may be a good idea to actually consider location and try to tie with (not beat) the best price of a bot at a similarly convenient location if you do not wish to fuel the price wars.

Burn, I wouldn't doubt it if the book ingreds prices go up even further with the adjustment. As luciferx has said, alot of people are making books now. Some of them may actually have fast regen. I know if I had fast regen, I would go afk with powersaver cape on after this was put into effect. I would just need to manage to buy more ingreds.....too bad I am such a slacker.

About 3 days is how much time it takes to get action points for 1 big book of manu if fed during the whole time. AFK + big belly + powersaver makes that much possible. It would be 1.5 days or less with the fast regen modifications. It would currently take me 2-3 weeks of getting off my butt and actually doing a/d training to get the approx 15M OA xp I would need to get up to 3 pickpoints for fast regen perk. Others may get fast regen perk faster by losing other good perks or taking neg perks.

Oh. About amber, I still have most of mine from a big contest prize. :)