Eternal Lands Official Forums
bluap

Rewrite of icon code to allow run-time configuration

It's been mentioned here and there about making the client UI more configurable. I've been meaning to do some of this for a while so I've started with the icon window. It took more work than I was expecting, actually a complete rewrite of the icon window code. Anyhow, you can now define the main window icons and the new character icons using xml files. If the files cannot be found then the client silently uses the old defaults; you should not notice any difference. If you want to play with the configuration, example xml files are in the code repository, for the main window and the new character window. Save them in your DATA_DIR or your personal updates/x_y_z directory. In addition, you can now create icons for other windows (ranging window and minimap window), or to action any key press. You can also alter the displayed size of the icons though larger values will currently overlap with the stats bars.

I've now added the option for #command actions for icons and the option to add a context menu (right-click) to an icon. The context menus work the same as the user menus.