Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Orin

New item - Rostogol Ring

What do you think about item like this. Ring, that gives you rostogol stone efect for like 15 - 30 seconds after you use it. A few rings could be produced from one rostogol stone. In general i think they should cost around 7k gc each so anyone can afford them.

By setting up amount of rings produced from one stone we can setup this item price and by setting up for how long ring effect works, we can somehow setup it's "attractiveness" compared to rostogol stone.

I donno by the rest of you but I usually die when not concentrating on what i do :P and then have to click a ring to save my gear instead of just having a rosto in my inventory would be useless to me and those times I do see that I am in trouble I try to save my butt by healing or dissing and then have to press a ring to save my gear would be the last thing i would like to have in mind..

A rosto works great as it is and all you have to do is make sure you got one with you when leaving sto and you know you will keep all the things you have on you if you die.

I also think, that rosto is a great thingie ;). But it's price discourages many ppl from doing any risky and funny things.

IMHO that fact affects this game quite much. It's difficult to get invasion/instance/invance team - especially in low level ranges as ppl don't want to risk 50k gc (which is like 8 - 10 hours of harvest to replace). Result - those who want to go inva, can't go or got huge chance to loose because there aren't enough ppl to complete the event. If they loose - they often loose motivation to play too. Others are bored as they don't even try to do anything funny. I don't know what are real statistics, but from what I observed most of characters, that surve their "newbie period" are alts of high level players who know why is it worth to play Eternal Lands ;).

Talking about pre-dying-panic: with lots of mobs around you, when you diss something else can attack you immediately. It happened to me for a few times - tried to diss/tele and stayed on the map with cooldown on both rings. In this situation that ring should work well cause you should always have a few seconds to use it. Also note, that low level characters usually don't have big mana pool and failsafe restore.

And I haven't written that rostogol stone should be removed from the game at all ;).

I also think, that rosto is a great thingie ;). But it's price discourages many ppl from doing any risky and funny things.

IMHO that fact affects this game quite much. It's difficult to get invasion/instance/invance team - especially in low level ranges as ppl don't want to risk 50k gc (which is like 8 - 10 hours of harvest to replace). Result - those who want to go inva, can't go or got huge chance to loose because there aren't enough ppl to complete the event. If they loose - they often loose motivation to play too. Others are bored as they don't even try to do anything funny. I don't know what are real statistics, but from what I observed most of characters, that surve their "newbie period" are alts of high level players who know why is it worth to play Eternal Lands ;).

Talking about pre-dying-panic: with lots of mobs around you, when you diss something else can attack you immediately. It happened to me for a few times - tried to diss/tele and stayed on the map with cooldown on both rings. In this situation that ring should work well cause you should always have a few seconds to use it. Also note, that low level characters usually don't have big mana pool and failsafe restore.

And I haven't written that rostogol stone should be removed from the game at all ;).

Sure rostos are expencive but can you buy stuff worth 100s of Ks of GC to wear a 50k guarantee aint much to protect that and doing some harvesting or mixing essies to replace a lost rosto won't take that long it all depends on what you do to regain your GC.

If you enter an invasion or instance/invance with gear worth more then 50k and don't want to lose it get a rosto thats what it is there for really to save your gear, would you rather go there and risk losing gear worth twice as much GC then what the rosto costs? That would just be stupid imo - go get a rosto and have fun if you die you know it would be worth it getting a new one and have some fun in there again. It is a risk to go to them and even a greater risk going there without a rosto but its their choise..

In that exact example you could just keep at it and fight for your life without having to think about clicking the ring to save your gear if you have the rosto in your inventory, clicking SRs and heal/restore/BRs what ever else you might need to click to save yourself from dieing.

Im not against the idea of another version of rostogols but perhaps a ring that only lasts for about 30 seconds is the answer, there has been lots of other suggestions to a form of rostogols and none of em has happend probably because the rostogol works so well as it does there is no need to replace it really.

Never said anything about removing the rosto either :P but the rings you want would be dropped if you for one or another reason don't have the time/chance/ W/E to click them and that would mean dropping a bigger bag of goodies instead of saving em when you dead.

I'm not saying it's a perfect solution. Perfect solution to make game more attractive to lower level players, would be rosto that costs 20 - 25 k gc, like few years ago - when most of nowadays >130 lvl characters were more or less newbies. But those times won't get back so I wanted to suggest something else. If you got idea how typical 40-60 lvl player can make more than 5.5kgc/h - than please - share it on ch1 as it would have similar effect to reducing prices and would make game more funny for those ppl ;).

Now think about it this way - you got ring AND rosto in your equipment. When you use ring before dying you save your rosto so you got a chance that dying would cost you ~8kgc instead of 50kgc, now you don't even have that chance.

And last thing - for newbie iron plate set, steel shield, rdholam and titanium serpent sword is good enough stuff to have fun with mobs they usually meet. Cost of all those things is lower than 150k gc so rosto is additional more than 1/3 of it and would be most expensive thingie in this person inventory with 100% chance to loose when dying so IMHO it is a problem ;).

But main issue is that most of community now are high level players and game is somehow balanced for it's current state. Introducing something that would REALLY reduce cost of dying would interrupt that balance so main question is - is it worth to risk that. Cause setting up this ring parameters to create another "lotery with low chance to win" (like very short period of protection) won't change anything.

Introduce pink rostos (or some other color). Cost, $1 from the shop. Only protects currently equipped items upon death. Does not keep you in instances upon death, although you will still keep equipped items.

Pros typically carry spares armour and weapons with them, so this would not affect them as much in invasions and invances. Noobs on the other hand typically have at most 1 set of nice things, which this could help with.

Rabbitman

Another idea might be a mini-rosto, that only protects items requiring, say, human 5 or less (and all other items, like essies and whatnot). Personally I've never carried a rosto (the relatively low value of even my best gear makes it not worthwhile), but if such an item were available at, say, 10kgc or so, I would probably carry it all the time just to avoid the annoyance of dropping stuff when I do something stupid.

Introduce pink rostos (or some other color). Cost, $1 from the shop. Only protects currently equipped items upon death. Does not keep you in instances upon death, although you will still keep equipped items.

Pros typically carry spares armour and weapons with them, so this would not affect them as much in invasions and invances. Noobs on the other hand typically have at most 1 set of nice things, which this could help with.

Rabbitman

Pr0 idea :) Love it!

Pink rosto, huh? That does not sound too bad. I would rather lose my dis rings and HE and SR so the others can use it than lose my weapons, armor and medallions.

As for the original idea in here, the rosto ring, it sounds like it would not be too bad as a supplement, but not a replacement for a rosto. It could be made perhaps more useful if it actually killed you and sent you and your gear to the underworld. With such a tweak to the affect of the ring, it should probably be called the go to hell ring. lol

Edited by nathanstenzel

Something needs to change to encourage NEW PLAYERS to fight more, since that is what keeps the game running (FIGHTERS). Be it cheaper rostos, or something new.

Yes someone could "slave" to make the gc,but lets face it, who wants to really do that??? $5 for one use of an item that is EASILY lost is too expensive. A 50% to lose, or a 2-4 degrade would be very nice, a possible idea.

I really think cheaper deaths would = more deaths and eventually more USD.

Host more lower level invasions, if possible. There's just not as much effort for the lower levels anymore. Of course, we just need new players PERIOD, be it more advertising or something, because half the low levels I encounter are alts ( :( ) but there is still a hand full of newbs that need support.

Ok. How about this?

Have a colored rosto that gives you a message with your coordinates in it, hyperspaces your db and replaces itself with a key to open the hyperbag with. The effect would of course trigger when you die.

You will need to run to get your bag, but at least you don't have to worry too much about someone stealing your crap unless it is a pk zone and then the pker will have to gamble away a key to find out if you dropped anything worth picking up.

Edited by nathanstenzel

+1 Rabbitman

except for the color, maybe a nice blue or orange would be better

Pink, or no deal

Think it should be a medallion bought in shop rather than a ring, This means if you want to take advantage of it you need to wear it.

I agree that we need somehing to encourage doing dangerous (and thus more exciting) parts of the game.

The pink rosto idea doesnt rly work. All of your expensives usually are whats equiped, which would make normal rostos near useless.

The ring idea rly works tho. Would encourage going to pvp maps, as you could just pop it when someone tries to kill you. 5kgc would be perfect for a 15-30sec effect.

And normal rostos would still be popular in training and doing other stuff.

+1 op

Edited by Helklo

I don't think a ring (or other item) which needs special activation will be helpful. Especially as new player, you're dead on first strike, thus you won't have a chance to activate anything. It needs to work - whatever it is - like the existing rosto without special activation.

Nathan's idea to use a special medallion which only protects the equiped stuff would certainly work. Or just a differently-coloured stone - it would keep the theme. And of course it need be pink, I couldn't bear seeing a crying Grort ;-)

Think it should be a medallion bought in shop rather than a ring, This means if you want to take advantage of it you need to wear it.

I really, really like this idea. your accuracy and armor to be protected on death. Possibily make it have a 33% chance to dissappear upon death, that could make it, hmmm... 50000/3=16666.66 - so around about 17kgc, which would still be realtively tough for newbies, but easier than the current situation

I don't think a ring (or other item) which needs special activation will be helpful. Especially as new player, you're dead on first strike, thus you won't have a chance to activate anything. It needs to work - whatever it is - like the existing rosto without special activation.

I agree, look at what i suggested above :)

And of course it need be pink, I couldn't bear seeing a crying Grort ;-)

xD