Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
saxum

New use for Point Defense

The Point Defense items seems rarely used and appears little market for them.

Perhaps it could be used against caltrops (but not the poison from them) and mines. Would give those with ONE perk a chance of surviving a little longer too.

I would rather see engineering skill have a role in possibly disarming a bomb.

Maybe point defense could also be used in melee. Could give a 0.5%-1% chance of a crit dodge. This would also affect the mobs that currently have point defense.

To be honest, engineering is the only combat skill you cannot defend yourself against. Armour decreases damage from a/d, MI negates all mage capabilities, magic resist will make it weaker, point def and bluD armour protect you against ranging, and smite summoned p0wns (most) summons very quickly.

I think an item which gives some protection against caltrops related to your engineering level would be wonderful. I think damage reduction from each individual mine to scale as eng/3 with an initial defense of 10 damage would work well.

NOTE: You would need 1 of these items per mine going off near you, so if there were 8 small mines and you had 3 of this item, you would take full damage from 5 of the mines. I would say high cost per, maybe ~0.5-1kgc each.

any1 ever stepped on a caltrop except when neno is near or daily places or (rarely these days) in portals/votd?

armor does protect you from engi damage, no crits there either

the only thing needed to do is add cooldown to rc detonator i think NH suggested it somewhere already

i support the PD protect from engi idea the same way it does from arrows 0-100%.. why not. it might get one or two people to reconsider the perk but it's still One way trip to wasting gc/time on reset/remove

Edited by malameo