Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Xaphier

SDL 2.0

Is here anyone interested in making el compile with SDL 2.0?

The main advantage of SDL 2.0 is better OpenGL support (OpenGL 3.0, OpenGL ES, debug context etc.).

It sounds like the official release of SDL 2.0 will be in May. This is something I heard from their development forum.

They are now building the official release for SDL 2.0. Expect it to be available for download soon.

I looked on the SDL site today and noticed there was an unnofficial snapshot yesterday. I figure someone could play around with an SDL 2.0 version of the client and then we would hopefully be ready for when SDL 2.0 is out so that we can first make a desktop version (Windows/Linux/OSX/etc) and then go for the androids and iphones.

http://www.libsdl.org/hg.php

Make note that the code is unnofficial so far and potentially unstable. There is some stuff they are currently ironing out via the libSDL mailing lists.

Edited by nathanstenzel

Looks like it is stable now, it is also in release candidate modus, with prebuild binraries. Would be nice if someone can help getting it into place for el, since than a full el client for android is not far away.