Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Entropy

Newbie channel market posts

From now on, we will allow market channel messages on the newbie channel, with the following limitations:

1. Absolutely no bot posts, and no repetitive or generic stuff. You should not post there more than once every 20 minutes.

2. Only newbie related items and quantities. For example, if a 'pro' needs some bones, basic essences, meat, etc. they can post there. But keep in mind that most newbies won't have big quantities of stuff, so don't ask them for 1K bones at once. Generally, you should not ask for more than 100 of something at once. Similarly, we will allow newbies to request newbie stuff on the newbie channel.

3. All the posts from the pros should be concise, but have all the information required. For example: "Buying bones, offering 2gc per bone, meet me at beam/WS docks/VOTD/etc.". Avoid stuff like: "buying bones, pm me for price".

4. NO SCAMMING/LURING! If you use the newbie channel for marketing purposes, you must buy/sell at market prices, do not overcharge newbies, or offer them too little for their stuff. And asking for them to meet you in dangerous locations is forbidden as well.

I'd like to add that we should also make a point to inform them about and guide them to #jc 3 as well, for when they have more advanced buying/selling needs.

Just to avoid future problems, can we:

1) make a list of allowed items.

2) make it a point that people don't post buy messages if it is clearly interfering with soemone's question.

When you make a rules change like this, could you please also post it to the Rules forum?

That way, those of us who don't visit General Chat that often will be informed of such changes.

Thank you.

When you make a rules change like this, could you please also post it to the Rules forum?

That way, those of us who don't visit General Chat that often will be informed of such changes.

Thank you.

Yes, it will be moved to rules after people have the chance to see it here. Without the move arrow nonsense. :P

Better than nothing. The Autobot annoyance channel (aka Market channel) is near useless. I imagine most folks who are buying go "offsite" to one of the websites that tracks buy and sell prices from bots. That and their guildies/regular trading partners who may buy at a mild premium.

I might mention Portland at night is "Dangerous" due to Bob the gob and Whitestone with the Gargs for some of the newbs. I would hope that someone after 50 rat tails wasn't going to lure newbs ... but the thieving scum bum culture has become rampant where griefing is now stupidly common. A certain gobbler of knobs whose name starts with "Dev..." was sucking bags from me during a recent invasion that he wasn't permitted to fight in. Bagsnatching was apparently permitted. Where has this game gone? If you cannot participate in the Invasion why the HECK are you allowed to STEAL every bag somebody else fought a monster at the edge of their abilities to kill???

Good luck with policing this policy as the utter bottom dwelling scum WILL take advantage via PM of this advertising and set the new players up to get r@p3d by monsters so their alts can run off with the goodies from the DB's. Yes they probably know how to use a VPN on an old laptop...

Sometimes I wonder why I came back, most of the good folk seem to have left, now it feels like I'm playing a game with nasty 8 year olds ... except many have been here at least 5 years. Either way I'd send you turds to the timeout chair until you learned to play nice in the nice areas of the game and get nasty in the fight club areas. Scamming and griefing are for wow gobblers, we used to have a great group here but the rotten apples need to "get cored" so to speak and thrown in the compost.

SIDE POINT ... A long time ago I used to gift newbs with starter gear ... augleathers/sword/shield/boots ... I trust this is still allowed? (other than to alts which i don't run).

SIDE POINT ... A long time ago I used to gift newbs with starter gear ... augleathers/sword/shield/boots ... I trust this is still allowed? (other than to alts which i don't run).

If a player bothers to do the tutorial NPC quest they get all that and more. Considering you started a long time ago, you probably have not done the much improved newbie tutorial, but even at 100+ level you can still do it :)

I personally don't give gear to fresh newbs, it gets them used to holding up their hands instead of working for it, but I do replace lost items when they have fallen victim to Bob or other nasties. Contests are another fun way to 'gift' items without encouraging the begging.

Oh, and try #ignore_bots when in ch 3, it does wonders for the spam ;)

The capped invasion bag taking is not allowed anymore. A few hours before you psted Entrropy has posted the rules about them: http://www.eternal-lands.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=57902&pid=571442&st=0entry571442

As for the #ignore_bots function, it is great, but I would suggest having it on by default when you install the game.