Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Birkoff

Bugs in the Encyclopedia!!! Post here!

Ok, I fixed the bugs in the EL Encyclopedia that players reported and the fixed package is in my homepage (click in the image in my signature!).

Please, post bugs here to be more easy to me to find the reports!

As I said in my homepage, dont expect BIG upgrades in the Encyclopedia for the next one (or two, depends on my grades) weeks.... I need to study a lot for the final tests of the semester...

Oh, and thanks to every one that reported errors!!!

(Hmmm... Mods, I was wondering... This thread can be Sticky???)

the name cyclops is both the single and plural, cyclop is not a word.

each of the human, elf and dwarf fighting books have 2000 research pages.

the cloaks page is missing: body piercing cloak - gives the body piercing perk; mirror cloak - gives the mirror skin perk; and monster magnetism cloak - gives the mm perk

EDIT: The firist 2 bugs are fixed, thanks!

About the cloacks, are they monter drops or can be buyed? And what are the colors of these cloacks?

(Ow, and I fixed the bugs that Lyanna reported in PM, sorry Lyanna, I forgot them in this release...)

The updated package already is in the homepage.

the cloaks page is missing: body piercing cloak - gives the body piercing perk; mirror cloak - gives the mirror skin perk; and monster magnetism cloak - gives the mm perk

I disagree.

cyclop and cyclops are both words.

Main Entry: cy·clops  

Pronunciation: 'sI-"kläps

Function: noun

Etymology: Latin, from Greek KyklOps, from kykl- cycl- + Ops eye

1 plural cy·clo·pes  /sI-'klO-(")pEz/ capitalized : any of a race of giants in Greek mythology with a single eye in the middle of the forehead

2 plural cyclops [New Latin, genus name, from Latin] : any of a genus (Cyclops) of freshwater predatory copepods having a median eye

Since we're not talking about freshwater predatory copepods here, I guess we're dealing with Psychlopes (one Psychlops, two Psychlopes) here.

:(

About the cloacks, are they monter drops or can be buyed? And what are the colors of these cloacks?

I already created the appropreate pages in the Clothes.xml for the Monster drop cloaks, and the other manu made items that weren't listed and sent them in to Cristian

ALSO when It was previously reported that Steel and TIT bars had the same icon (TID#) I changed the wrong one. :P So now they are backwards

Steel should be tid 18

TIT should be tid 19

Thanks,

GatorJaws

P.S. Chris your encylopedia.zip file contains both the OLD Jewlery.xml file and the NEW Jewelry.xml file. you need to delete the old file from the zip

ok, in the monsters section under deer, you have to summon a beaver when it should be deer.

ok, that's all i have to say, later 8)

-kat

Iron bar TID was wrong too. it should be 17.

I have already informed Birkoff by e-mail, and thought I would let others who might want to edit it themselves.

I have also completed the Jewelry section (all Polished Gems, and Rings) and sent the updated General.xml adn Jewelry.xml files to Birkoff also, so look for them soon. :P

Later,

GatorJaws

Monster Magnetism is green, Body Piercing is purple and Mirror is black, they're all monster drops (Victor doesn't sell them). Also, it's "cloak" not "cloack" as you wrote in your post and in several places in the encyclopedia. :P

Thanks for all replys and bug fixings...

I just ask you all to be pacient because I realy dont have much time now... next week, PROBABLY, I will put all that fixes and the new pages sent!

Thanks!

Birkoff

I would just lik to add in the grgoyyle section, it is actually King vermor not lord vermor who died. Look in the ogre room. "You have entered the grave of the legendary King Vermor"

not exactly a bug, but . . .

in the newbie channel today, someone thought that the puma was tougher than the bear because of the order they appear in the encyclopedia, so maybe the encyclopedia should be kept in order of difficulty (or switched to alphabetical order so there is no confusion).

also I notice the rat is missing from the animals list

under Jewelry, the ring of damage is missing as is the ring of white stone

In the version I just downloaded, the link to the fur cloak doesn't work. (in General.xml, it says ref="Cloack_Fur", but the item in Clothes.xml says name="Cloak_Fur".)

in weapons section it is iron BATTLE HAMMER not WAR hammer, also you have the picture of the manufacture hammer, not of the iron hammer

I have been updating my copy of the encylopedia (all the bugs listed here and a few others), and adding a few sections. (Finished out jewelry, Clothes, tweaked the weapons/armor pages to add more info and missing item)

Until Birkoff finishes his studies and exams and can get back to the game and the encylopedia updates, if anyone wants a copy of what I have, Send me a PM or e-mail with your e-mail address and I will send you a zip of the .xml files.

I really hate to do more work on new sections cause I dont want to duplicate the work someone else may have done and sent to Birkoff already.

Later,

GatorJaws

I disagree.

cyclop and cyclops are both words.

http://thesaurus.reference.com/search?q=cyclop :roll: