Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
calif

Tailoring or Mage

How about a formula to enhance regular clothes such as tunics, shirts, etc. Example: 4 serpent stones, 1 magic ess, 10 titanium bars for an enhanced red tunic. This might create more of a market for buying and selling of clothes, depending on the enhancement you decide to give. And, might create a situation where more people choose to work on their tailoring/mage skill...whatever...

I agree that something could but done to encourage more people to work on their tailoring level - I think the main reason people don't is because they have to pay a lot into the level and receive little back. I think that if something like what you suggest is introduced, then it will boost the market for the tailoring skill and make tailoring a bit more profitable which would hopefully appeal to more people so that they will become involved in the area.

Maybe clothes that give cold/heat/radiation protection so you can wear them when harvesting ..or maybe give a perk, like excavator /regenaration ,instead of wearing a cape. Making nmt breakable and cape of no more warlocks unbreakable could boost tailoring too. These two ideas have been mentioned before in the forum if i am not mistaken . An npc would be nice ..to be able to sell to him some stuff you make like robes ,hats etc :goofy:

Maybe it also has to do with the fact that the first wearable item is at recommended skill level of 36 and not much experience given per dyes/fabrics to even reach 36.

Main reason to ppl not do more tailoring is there is no market, and there is no market because ppl can't hold tailored clothes because 300 slot limit. When you hit 300 limit, and that happen quite fast, we had so much different items these days, what you start throw away first? Yes, tailored stuff, because they has no use, they are only cool looking. I assume 400-500 slots would boost tailor market/skill a lot.

I love spending my gc on nice clothes but they have no real use ingame. What if wearing tailored clothes increases charm cross-attribute in the same way that action points are recharged. i.e. every hour that tailored clothes are worn counts towards increasing charm by a very small amount. It should take a long time for 1 piece of clothing to make a change in the charm cross-attribute.

why charm? Because fine clothes make a person appear more charming. could change this suggestion to include some other cross-attribute.