Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Amaara

More Gypsum Locations

I did a forum search but couldn't find this suggested anywhere. If I missed it, I'm sorry.

Please add more gypsum locations into the game - a location on C1 would be awesome. The weight of gypsum, the number of map changes to get gypsum to storage, and the fact that Lenny prowls Arius after dark make harvesting this mineral a nightmare for many players.

I noticed while doing the global quests that just one player harvesting gypsum can keep two players full and heading back and forth to storage.

Why should this mineral be so much more difficult to harvest than any other?

I don't know what else gypsum is used for but I need 2 for each extract I make. After reading Radu's blog I better understand the delicate balances need to make a game playable and fun. So difficult gypsum maybe is need to make extracts difficult and this keeps the game challenging? I don't know...just an idea.

Gypsum has a few uses, the one I use it for is summoning stones each stone requires 20 gypsum. One location and the one we have is good enough :)

With over 1M gypsum harvested on my counters - and much more used on top of that - Yes it's a pain being where it is - but that's the whole point.

Sure I'd love a gypsum ore right by the NPC in dp storage - but would also like hydro ore there :)

Please note: I did NOT ask for any gypsum next to a storage! What I did ask for was gypsum without so many map changes!

Well you have gypsum and storage on a map with 0 changes.

(in fact 3 ways that i know do not involve any map changes...)

Well you have gypsum and storage on a map with 0 changes.

(in fact 3 ways that i know do not involve any map changes...)

Exactly! Even sleepwalking is possible, it just takes a long time

I'm considering to take hellspawn perk, because i can still get my gypsum with it

Edited by aredhel

There used to be more locations, they were removed.

Any idea why the locations were removed?

Like many other harvest/mix places it was probably to close to storage.

It used to be in mm north cave - definately closer to storage

Also was in PV underground - again closer but not that close.

The last location to be removed was in AA - and was even further from storage.

There used to be more locations, they were removed.

Any idea why the locations were removed?

Like many other harvest/mix places it was probably to close to storage.

It used to be in mm north cave - definately closer to storage

Also was in PV underground - again closer but not that close.

The last location to be removed was in AA - and was even further from storage.

I used Trassian yeti cave before I took a break from game, far from storage but a nice place.

Please note: I did NOT ask for any gypsum next to a storage! What I did ask for was gypsum without so many map changes!

Walk to the broken bridge and do teleport to range. You could cross that way last time I checked. No map change/portal/door/cave so no hellspawning.

if i remember right there was a quest where you donated stuff for rebuild of the bridge, to bad there is not a possibility that if you done the quest you can walk over an invisible bridge there. No that would be a suggestion, make it possible that doing quests changes the way you can walk on certain maps

if i remember right there was a quest where you donated stuff for rebuild of the bridge, to bad there is not a possibility that if you done the quest you can walk over an invisible bridge there. No that would be a suggestion, make it possible that doing quests changes the way you can walk on certain maps

Yes like the quest for Trassian which gives you another way to access Dra Syn I think these type of quest rewards would be welcome addition to game.

I love doing quests. great idea! some quests to open secret passageways.