Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Maxine

Stuck in instance map, offering reward to get me out

Here in short what happened:

I was doing a WTF instance and at the end we had a lot of stuff left over. All of us muled up and loaded up, but there was only enough cf to get one person out. So three of us were stuck, overloaded (couldnt walk). I wanted to log off to fix my tab-map, and when I did the others were teled out of the instance map. When I logged on I was all alone in the instance map, overloaded, no tele essences left (tried to tele while overloaded but couldnt, did use up the essies), no glyph, no ring. I have scotty died, so no #beam_me. I did a help_me but was told by radu that this was not a bug. Eventually my whole team has logged off (including me), but whenever I relog I am still stuck. The timer has stopped (at 79 minutes). Tried what would happen if I dropped a bag and let it poof -> nothing happened (yes, the bones are silly but I was in a hurry).

elscreen094.png

I can think of a few ways to get out, none of which are appealing to me:

* suicide (might not work, I might just respawn at the start of the instance)

* reset and #beam_me (have sworn never to reset)

* drop stuff and walk out (have to drop 1200+ emu worth of stuff, dont want to do that)

* wait for my team to come rescue me in a couple of days when they can do another instance ( I will probably not be home/online at that time)

* wait for the timer to run down (it is stopped, so not a good option)

None of these options seem attractive to me, so I am proposing the following:

* Next time a team goes on the WTF they forum pm me when they plan to go, if I can make it online at that time, we plan a rendezvous and they bring me a tele ring and a glyph in return for a fee (5k gc sounds reasonable?), alternately, I can join them on the instance. (not sure this will work though, both instance maps are 'available', no idea on which one I am, maybe even on a third).

* Anybody that posts a solution here that actually works will also receive a reward of 5k gc (and my eternal gratitude)

Since I am stuck in this map, I wont be online much, but you can also try to catch me in OL.

Edited by Maxine

If you have hyper keys, you can make an hyperbag and come get the stuff next time you go in the instance.

However, depending on what you have in your inventory, you can maybe drop 1200 emu of stuff that is worth less than 5kgc, just do a fast calculation... ;)

If I were you, I'd just drop the stuff.

Edited by Schmurk

buy scotty died perk remo stone from shop so u can beam out do i win 5k or no ?

She also needs to have spare PP's in order to use that:p

Although she can buy 2 haidir passes from shop................. which will do it.

Edited by Mythos

buy scotty died perk remo stone from shop so u can beam out do i win 5k or no ?

She also needs to have spare PP's in order to use that:p

Although she can buy 2 haidir passes from shop................. which will do it.

How would 2 haidir passes help?

Also no way for her to get the perk removal stone - Radu can deliver but she cannot trade for it!

A for dropping cheap stuff - she used all tele ess :(

Cheapest item I have in inventory/emu is HE at 9 gc/emu. Minimum value of what I need to drop is 15k.

I dont want to remove the perk, dont have the pickpoints to do it anyways.

Buying stuff from shop isnt going to help at all, as Raz pointed out. If radu wanted he could have beamed me out of here as soon as I sent the #help_me.

And duh, I dont have hyperkeys or I wouldnt have been here in the first place.

Also checked that every time I relog I land in exactly the same spot, so no random 'walk'solution either :P

Edited by Maxine

Yeah. My opinion is the timer should *always* count down and end in *any* instance otherwise this can potentially happen more often to anyone in many scenarios (And most likely it already has..and others have just dealt with it by dropping stuff or #suicide). If it stops, that is a big problem and that doesn't seem very fair to me.

But if radu says he won't beam you out or start the timer somehow, I would say same as schmurk. I would just drop stuff and go out.

Surely your cut of the profits will pay for the 15k you had to drop?

You dont have the minimum required people in there with you, so shouldnt you be taken out of the instance anyways? [maybe this only applies to instances of 100-120 and under, pardon my ignorance if so.]

Also, just a thought, but did you ask Radu if he would pull you out for 5kgc?

You dont have the minimum required people in there with you, so shouldnt you be taken out of the instance anyways? [maybe this only applies to instances of 100-120 and under, pardon my ignorance if so.]

Also, just a thought, but did you ask Radu if he would pull you out for 5kgc?

The minimum number of people is 3, as in all other instances. When I logged the other two did get teled out, like they should, but I am still there, even though I am all alone.

And no, I dont think radu sells services that cheap, and anyway, he claimed I could get out of there with all my stuff, but I have no clue how to achieve that.

Edited by Maxine

Have you ever proofed a bag worth 15k? I have the team should just take the loss. It's not like you would even be losing it all. We win and lose as a team right? I'm not sure why this is such a big deal tbh. Take the loss and move on. In the time you have sat there you have lost more than your share of the loss would have been. Not to mention I'm sure there were more than 3 people on the team so the loss would be less than 5k each. So bottom line drop some stuff and walk out. Problem solved and what anyone else would do. This is what I would call common sense

I dont WANT to drop stuff and walk out, if I wanted that I could have done that 20 hours ago. 15k is nothing, but it is the principle that I got stuck while I should have teled out (eventually at least, after the timer ran down).

I am not charging my team mates for the stuff I havent yet carried out, so to them it doesnt make any difference how I solve this

And I am not losing anything while I sit here, which is why I decided to do this, I am not really playing anymore, just enjoy doing invances/instances etc. I play a different game so I still get my enjoyment.

Still trying to find a solution for all this can you add a few more screenshots, I think it may help me to identify you quickly, and as for many missing ppl's cases it usually is the difference between being found or not.

Still trying to find a solution for all this can you add a few more screenshots, I think it may help me to identify you quickly, and as for many missing ppl's cases it usually is the difference between being found or not.

How would more screenshots help?

Got rescued (by radu) just as team 2 was ready to enter, after the first team did not end up on the same map as me. Thanks to the courageous teammembers:

Mirageknight, Circe, Cronus, wuffzel, Wloczykij, busterblader, Sennia, Davy, Hussam, Allandor, Krazykiller, Usl, Thillien, bud, The_Piper, Sir_odie, Faxie, Cordor, Ghost30, Trojan

Gratz to team 1 on killing the Icy :)

and thanks to the people that were eager to help but couldnt.

Joebutler, Atomos, Trey, elf_ninja, momr58,

Thanks for the support, we should do it for real one of these days, see how far we can get :)

Thanks to radu for bailing me out.

Hint for others:

Bring a tele ring as well as glyphs :P

Take the bag to the exit before muling up if you dont have a ring, so you can get out of exit before mule glyph/food runs out.

Wait at least 13 minutes after last mob was killed and bag was eaten, if there were any leftover bags on the ground they will have poofed and you will be teleported out. In our case there must have been a bag on the ground still when i logged and our instance ended because of lack of people and not because all bags were gone. We only waited about 5-10 minutes after we were done.