Eternal Lands Official Forums
Goldfinch

Banned

My Regestered name is Goldfinch. I was Playing under that name, with a female Avitar because I thought it looked better, but this caused some confusion to other players. so I restarted the game with the avitar of Wee_Jock. I was not happy with some of the choises I had made with Attributes and decided to start again with a new avitar. My character name is now Wee_Rab.

I tried to sign on this morning and got a message saying I have been banned.

I don't thik I have done anything I should not have done. If I have I am very sorry, and would like to know what it was so that I can avoid making the same mistake again.

I Have, and always will try to stay by the rules of the game.

Please let me know where I have broken the rules and How I can get myself reinstated. At 70 year old I may be slow but I try to be honest. My days would drag if I can't play my Eternal Lands.

Yours Faithfully

Tom Duncan ( Wee_Rab)

Neither of the two names mentioned appear to be banned. It would say the character is locked on the stats page if it were.

http://www.eternal-lands.com/view_user.php?user=Wee_rab

http://www.eternal-lands.com/view_user.php?user=Wee_jock

Perhaps an IP issue? In which case Aislinn would need to white list your name, assuming she sees no other issues.

(For best results, copy/paste the exact text you get when you are attempting to log in.)

Could you Please help me to get back on. I have never used the forums before and have no idea how to go about things.

I don't think I have ever done anything wrong.

I can't personally help with this issue, but posting the exact wording of what it's saying when you attempt to log in will help when someone who can reads this.

The exact wording I get when I try to sign on is "Your IP is banned. That means that you, or someone from your IP did something very nasty, so we had to block this IP address. If you believe this ban was unjustified, or promise to respect the rules from now on, please post in the Bans section of our Forums (on www.eternal-lands.com)

That can happen sometimes, someone does something bad and an IP gets banned, but with dynamic IPs you can inadvertently end up getting that IP.

For now, wait until Aislinn or someone else who has the ability to deal with this is able to look into it. Assuming they find no other issues they can whitelist your name so this doesn't happen again.

(BTW, a reset is better than a new char, as you keep your experience, books read, and so on. You only have to re-earn your overall, not actual skill levels, to regain your pickpoints. If you don't like your build, consider using that instead of starting completely over.)

Hi,

You got caught in an IP ban that can't be removed at this time.

I whitelisted your character Wee_Rab.

You will still see the banned message but just ignore it and log on as usual.

(As to my forum pm, my inbox is full and I've been too busy to start the long tedius process of archiving the messages still)

I'm sorry for the inconvenience. You should be all set now.