Eternal Lands Official Forums
Norad

Point defense Perk

was thinking about how strong some rangers are in game and in pk and came up with the idea of a Point Defense Perk. Would work like the point defense item already ingame but instead of carrying a boat load of them I think a perk would be more usefully. Leaving open extra emu for all the other stuff a pker already has to carry. any thoughts on this idea?

Blue dragon armor isnt cheap, in fact I dont own any dragon armor except rdholam.

I think 2 pp's would be worthy of this perk if it where to be implemented into the game

i like the idea but a lot of people would want it and 2 pick points make it too easy so how about an enormous amount of them instead that will make it worth it so 20 pp's sounds like a good thing to save up for with 250kgc :fire: got to keep the money flow going for players in my opinion so this should protect it very well

So rangers get a a perk that does:

15% more ranging experience

Your ranged weapons are considerably more accurate

15% more damage

Cost: 5 pp's and 20kgc

and u want a perk with point defense affect to cost 20pp's 250kgc

crazy if 2 is to low then make it 5 pp's like Wilhelm Hood Perk.

rangers are already to strong with a big advantage over others 20 pp's would cause very few if anyone to take the perk. If thats your idea of protecting the economics then lets just agree that we both dissagree here ^^

lol sounds good and like i said it protects el's economy then by protecting a product UNLESS a person has no need for pps anymore and is willing to slightly slow the economy on that product each time he would have used one or someone else takes the perk

a lvl 50 ranger with Wilhelm Hood Perk and a 60 ap is pr0, while a pker with a a/d in there 130's still have a hard enough time pking and u want them to spend 20 more pp's on a perk like this, thats rediculous imho

the perk would be made for the ones that are satisfied with their attributes and want to go out on a limb. in how they get the pps is up to them and either way would keep the el economy good

plus a perk like this for only 2pps would kill ranging because everyone would get it and kill all the rangers then no one would advance that skill therefore destroying a skill in which would hurt the el economy

Point Defense: Protects against arrows and bolts, reducing the damage by random chance between 0 and 100%. Disappears after every use.

So as far as I see it rangers would still do damage so as not to make there skill worthless. It would just take them an extra few arrows which theres already a perk that gives them a 30% chance to not lose an arrow/bolt after firing it. So using a few more arrows shouldnt be a problem

but they are at a huge diadvantange when people get it too close or attack them especially if they get multied

also if a summoner spams the area that even makes it harder or the random mines too lol

I've seen rangers in pk and have atted a few myself, a good ranger diss/tele's and shoots again

Not to mention the ninja perk/tunic which gives a 80% chance that you will not become visible (if invisible) when using ranged attacks.

so 3 perks fo rangers and only point defense item to protect the rest.

U should see what a pker already has to carry in his inventory to pk and to add point defense which only lasts 1 per shot.

Its a one sided fight imo

still have to disagree a good pker which i am not will always account for that and should be able to fight the ranger at close range either way

A point defense perk would help out many just alittle its not a !00% block but can range anywheres from 0%-100% so some damaged would still be applyed in a 2 man fight that would come in handy. There are not to many 1vs1 fights between a pker and a ranger instead its 2 or more vs 1, Also this would help with a mage build also giving atleast some defense against a ranger without wasting emu as most rangers can shoot very fast and point defense dont last long in inventory.

Sort of skimmed after I realized this was a post about incrementing your post counts.

To take this thread seriously... I think a perk that removes the need for the item is probably a bad idea. It is nice for mixers to be able to sell something and this idea would make that item pretty worthless.

However... a perk that costs a couple of PP could meet somewhere in the middle. Perhaps it would reduce how fast you go through the point defense items. Like with perk, point defense items only vanish 50% of the time? or 33% of the time.

I understand implementing point defense into a perk could possibly make the item useless although imo point defense is already useless and using up emu for it makes it so. Also there are items in game that make perks useless and vise versa. example: ninja perk vs. ninja tunic, or the many capes that give perks so player dont use pp's on them. imho shouldnt we leave it up to the individual player to decide?