Eternal Lands Official Forums
Norad

Point defense Perk

Well, I may be a mod, but when it comes to suggestions, I'm just expressing opinions. Obviously it will be up to the developers to review all the points pro and cons and then decide what they feel would work best in the game. So please, just because I express an opinion, don't take it as "Ghrae slammed my idea so now it won't happen". Believe me - I don't have such power.

I still think a Point Defense (item) is a little different. Given the ingredients of the ninja cloak, I wouldn't consider it a training item (something people make in mass to level up), where as the point defense is made for training your engineering skill. To make a mass of those and not be able to dump it... you can see the issue there.

Also, it seems that fighters typically max out their physique and coordination, leading to large EMU than the typical all-rounder. Wouldn't that increased EMU with a perk compromise as I suggested (reduces the chance of a Point Defense disappearing) make carrying some point defense "stones" reasonable?

Although alot of ppl max there p/c not everyone does, that doesnt mean someday I might max it out, but currently I have no plans to do so. Its great that ppl have different opinions and can share them here. As for mass producing items I believe ppl would still use them as not everyone would take the perk, just like other perks already existing in game. Some choose to take the ones they want and not others. Leaving the option up to the player to decide in a situation like this I think would be best. As far as how many pp's a perk like this would be worth would be left up to the developers, but imho I think its worth some wheres between 5-7 after previous discussions in this post. As for your idea of a perk that gives the chance not to lose the point defese when hit although a good one I dont think it would be effective enough to be worthy of gettting just my opinion.

Also alot of items that are mass produced for xp are done on schools day so there is no item to be gain anyways just xp. Although I do realize that is not always the case, it is often what currently happens with all the day stones in-game.

In pk u plan for a fight, not lots of fights, peoples not carry more than 30 in inv, takes up so small EMU, I di like idea of reduced of lossing item though, not sure if u would waste 2PP on saving small bit of EMU

I think 2 pp's would be worthy of this perk if it where to be implemented into the game

Why not just make it a negative perk and give you 20 PPs?