Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Entropy

Mage/healer 'class'

I do want some gear to be more useful to mages than fighters.

Will mage set/som have bonus to rationality? :sneaky:

problem with PP/nexus is fighters can just buy the pp/nexus to become both.

if possible i'd suggest have mage items boost mage skills, which i dont know, but add a negative effect for melee combat to them that wears off a minute after switching gear. so a fighter won't use it to be both whenever he/she can

I donᷰt see why a fighter cannot do both as long it is not at the same time. I compare it to being a ranger/fighter. The 10 PP I have spent in both ranger perks are useless to me if I am wielding a sword. So perhaps you could make this new perk only work when wielding a staff or something like that.

I

Do you want to know why? Because you would be able to switch weapon/armor during the fight and play as fighter/mage whenever you want.

You rather don't change sword for bow during the melee fight. If you want to range you probably diss and then you're changing your stuff.

I personally don't like the idea of being able to switch careers just by changing sword with staff and so on. If you want to train a/d you can do it even with reaction/dexterity halved, though certainly on lesser mobs or with some difficulty, which is exactly as should be.

The "no human nexus" is nice and would probably help in separating the classes.

Whatever the decision, please, please, make sure that you can walk around and hunt mobs as a mage (and make a bit of a profit out of it), same like fighters do, otherwise it's back to "let's train melee so we can farm ogres" and be a mage in weekends. I would very much like to be able to take my essies (or my bow for that matter) and go around and hunt and make a living with the profession of choice, rather than harving all week to get money for a day of arrows.

And make it soon, can't wait to get on with it! ;)

I like this idea and am excited about seeing mages in game. Will the perk be cheaper if there's an attribute penalty for combat?

Will more spells be added? To make the mage useful as a supporter, he has to be able to do stuff that a fighter can't do himself, e.g. a spell for +10 armour, which the mage can give to a tank. Also, fighters are already good at healing themselves, with full, no-fail restores, and they won't want to trust another person to save their rostogol. Maybe the mage could have a spell to heal the fighter by 80hp every 3 seconds for 30 seconds, or something.

it has been suggested before about mage class' one of the suggestions i liked was that if a mage class was created to remove the ability of the char to have human nexus, and create some mage type st00fs that use the magic nexus instead preventing people from became to pr0 pk and magecombo

Remove the human nexus? What if this "pro mage" also wants to be a pro mixer who wears an arti cape???!

...Get the artificer perk!?

But tbh Amaaraa it is a sacrifice I'm sure a lot of people would gladly make

Could it be possible for the mages taking the perk(s) to have their spells' power-increase related to their A/D in a reverse way (as in: "The higher their A/D, the lower the increase")?

Then, it will not be possible for a pro fighter to become a pro perked-mage - and the other way round, as pro perked-mages training their A/D would see a significant decrease in their magical strength.

I like the idea of having mage gear, however I dont think that someone engaged in combat should be allowed to switch gear. How can someone who is fighting take off there pants/skirt and put something else on, I dont understand that. If someone enters a fight in combat gear they shouldnt be able to switch to mage gear mid-combat and vice versa. Having different mage and fight gear is a must, imo, to keep the classes separate.

it has been suggested before about mage class' one of the suggestions i liked was that if a mage class was created to remove the ability of the char to have human nexus, and create some mage type st00fs that use the magic nexus instead preventing people from became to pr0 pk and magecombo

As Amaara said. What with CoLs, CoMs? I think mages should be able to have human nexus in use but forbidden usage of some kinds of items, like better armors, maybe some weapons, etc

Look what a little bit of competition will do, I don't think I would have ever imagined having suggestions on this forum being seriously considered.

Mind blown

*edit* not that we haven't heard all these "new suggestions" for years already.

Edited by TvManPwns

Remove the human nexus? What if this "pro mage" also wants to be a pro mixer who wears an arti cape???!

That does not work as long as the Artificer cape requires that you have 10 Human Nexus. The Artificer cape in general does not make sense at all for a pure alchemist without experience fighting and no human nexus would need to use 10 PPs to use cloak and a pure fighter type who can wear dragon armor would only need to use 3 but perhaps that could be corrected when mage subclass created. Forcing someone to buy nexus transfer stones and then use more PPs to get perk is not a solution but a punishment. Nor is forcing someone to do a reset.

I think the key to mage class is having limitations on what you are wearing when casting spells which is traditional thing. A mage should should have to wear mage clothes (top and bottom) and have to carry a staff (hence no shield or sword). Boots I can see being okay and way game is designed a RDHoLaM is okay but mage hats should be introduced which like RDHoLaM give mana and some other bonus - maybe like conjurer cloak half mana. Regarding those who buy characters and pick points I do not believe that problem can every be fixed.

I like the idea of having mage gear, however I dont think that someone engaged in combat should be allowed to switch gear. How can someone who is fighting take off there pants/skirt and put something else on, I dont understand that. If someone enters a fight in combat gear they shouldnt be able to switch to mage gear mid-combat and vice versa. Having different mage and fight gear is a must, imo, to keep the classes separate.

The way the game is designed you can do almost everything but mix in combat - eat, change clothes, armor, weapons, medallions, clothes, drink points, cast spells. use rings other than teleport, eat, etc (I have not tried starting a book in combat) without penalty but a summoner can not summon while in combat and a harvester can not even eat a piece of fruit. I agree it is far too easy and should impose penalty on fighter but should not be unchangeable. Perhaps fighters should only be able to replace broken items so they go thru period when they are fighting without benefit of old or new items. Of course if fighter is willing to take chances they could drop items and risk losing them like a mixer using a bag on ground they should be able to do so.

Edited by saxum

A mage sacrifices the strenght of arm for strength of mind. Merlin had no use for Lancelots Heavy Full Plate Mail. Same should be true here change CoM's and MoM's to use magic nexus instead of human nexus, that way the 'true' classless peoples can keep trying to be everything, along side the Mage not using human nexus.

A mage sacrifices the strenght of arm for strength of mind. Merlin had no use for Lancelots Heavy Full Plate Mail. Same should be true here change CoM's and MoM's to use magic nexus instead of human nexus, that way the 'true' classless peoples can keep trying to be everything, along side the Mage not using human nexus.

Come up with something unique for mages to wear using magic nexus instead of borking every else's human nexus!