Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
littlebro2

Mass Production perk (for advanced mixers)

Perk that enables a mixer the ability to make batches of 10 of anything for which they already have the skill level/nexus/knowledge to do. Requires 3 pick points... or better yet, it comes as a reward for a certain overall level reached. Or 4 skills at level 100...

As an example, I want to make 1k he's in a hurry and I have the Mass Production perk so I can enter in as the ingredients:

20 silver, 10 chrysanthemum. (requires 45 food pts and maybe combination of Action points too?). 1 mix makes 10 he's. After 100 of these, I have 1k he's.

Other considerations:

-Crit and NonCrit failure ratio is based off of current skills as usual. Meaning it is extra risky for lower levels...

-Enriched essences, modables, special armors/weapons, special pots, rings etc may need to be taken out of the picture for these batches. Unless the current chances to make them can be applied x10 for each batch without any extra work (doubtful).

-Same tools required and still break as normal based on current chances

Idea is, basically, it just makes large quantities of mixing faster at the cost of pick points.

Too much work? not enough gain? Maybe it needs some further thought...but I think it could be very useful.

Edited by littlebro2

Mo if a special event is triggered you get 1 special 9 normal, Same if failure is triggered. and you get only the the EXP as if you have done 1 item when you use batch mode. Make that ability to do so 50 levels over the Recommended level so that higher level goods have not the ability to get mass produced. That way its a bit more even. If those points would be considered as well i would be all for batch mixing, as i have a few things i mix because i want masses of it not to get the xp.

As the idea seems to be getting large amounts fast, why not the following?

Batch mixing gets you 10 (or another fixed number) in one cycle (i.e. about 10x speed-up), but:

- no rare items;

- crit failures mean you lose the whole batch, including the food (normal failures just lose the food);

- no experience;

- tools can still break as normal (or give you an automatic failure -> food loss).

or, as an alternative: batch mixing only works for items that don't require tools.

Fail checks could work the same as now (no complicated checks to take into account the batch size, and

when you mix a batch, you'd expect to get all or nothing). And you get the same fail rates as now (failing 1

in a batch could actually lead to lower losses in batch mixing).

So you pay for the speed increase by not getting the experience and the rare items. I'd expect market to

take care of any flooding problems if people insist on mass producing high level items. Otherwise, a slight

increase in failure rate when mass producing might help (say a rate corresponding to (your level)-5 or so).

I like this idea. 10x might be a little much. Even 2x would be awfully handy (though I dunno if 2x would be worth 3 pp).

Edited by Zilding