Eternal Lands Official Forums
tokie

Capped and Access Denied Arena's

To all concerned with Eternal Lands ;

I think if we could have Arena's that are both capped and access denied to those above the cap, it is my opinion that they would be not only used more often, but by a greater number of players, even those who consider themselves Mixers and Harvesters.

I will offer up the suggestion that we individuals who are concerned about the game and the number of players could "Sponsor an Arena" with an annual cash donation of say $50.00 a year,to be paid via Pay-Pal.

If a Guild,( or Individual Player ) wishes to sponsor an Arena and can not get a Pay-Pal account, they could always get ahold of me, and I would set it in motion for them for a gc swap if Radu would allow it, providing I get enough notice so I can transfer funds from the Main Credit Union account to the other Bank account to do so.

I make this suggestion in hopes to bring PvP to the forefront in an attempt to bring more players to the game, and thus more money to the EL Shop so as to assist the Developers in their endeavors of making Eternal Lands a more user friendly game to new players, which in turn, will keep players coming back. Because if you can learn in PvP the skills needed to PK, then PK will make a roaring come-back and the game, (ImO) will explode with even more players seeking adventure and comradeship in Guilds.

Let me be the first to say that I, ( Mr. T.C. Cross / aka: Tokie in Game ) will be the first to offer a $50.00 Pay Pal Donation in the name of the Poundin' You ( #nU ) Guild to obtain the 1st Capping and Denied Access to the Desert Pines 40 and under Arena, as soon as it is implemented in game.

No, I do not have a 40 and under Character. No, I do no't plan to make another Character, even though StTokie was made to contact Game Mod's when I had sign in troubles with Tokie, I will refrain from ever using it for anything but contacting Game Mods should the need ever arise.

In short, I am not doing this for me, I am offering to do this for you, the Eternal Lands Community, it's new players, and the Game Developers themselves, to show how much I truly care for this game and 80% of the current players.

The other 20% of you know what I think about you, so I'll leave it at that. ;)

With all due respect,

Tokie

Why do you think having access denied to arenas correlates with them being used by a greater number of players? :omg:

I'm not gong to say I speak for everyone, but I will state that "I, along with several others, are tired of trying to train PvP to learn the skills needed to PK, just to get into the Arena and have NewHope, Joe, AMAR and others waltz in there and kill everyone with one or two swipes of the Scythe and proclaim that "the Areana's and PK are dead and that no one will use them so they are not needed", when they clearly are needed, just not for raising some best-buy's PK Score". Let me shorten that for you and make it clear: "The little guy can't learn shit if the big guys won't get out of the sand box and make some room for the newer guys, (and Gal's ) to play, so by denying Access to anyone over the Cap, it makes it a safe place to learn and have fun".

The Pr0 PK'rs need to stay in KF, ( because these so called Pr0's are CLEARLY not Pr0 Enough for Nordcarn Arena ) till we learn what and how to do and how to it properly in PK. Let me shorten THAT for you too : "You wouldn't expect to find Liverpool playing against the local Elementary school, would you ? Because I wouldn't pay to see that game,( nor would it be good for the kids anyways...always being picked on like that by the full grown players on the block ) it would be a waste, just as the DP Arena's are for anyone not in Dragon Armor with an A/D of 140 or more".

Edited by tokie

Well if you really want to learn how to pk and your idea is not implement in game (i didn t understand all due to my lack of knowledge in english.)

You can still try on test server several weapons items and no one will ever bother you to learn how to pk.

And also most of the time there is no one in pk arenas / kf so you can still learn there.

Thanks for reading

ok, I am not someone who PKs but I pay attention somewhat to pk and listen to channel 6 (lurking usually yea) and my thoughts are this.

Were there no high level Pkers when the higher level Pkers of today were low level and trying it out? How then did they become high level? I think it must still be possible to become a good

Pker even if you are just starting out, probably partly by training and training (and doing dailies) to get your A/d up and getting beat a quite a few times as well, til you learn some of the

strategy of pk. I think it might be nice if there were somemore PK type activities for all levels, especially real low levels, like even almost new newbies.....like maybe even under 20 a/d events

defiinitely 20-40 a/d events. And it would not hurt for some good pkrs (and some have) to kind of share a bit of their expertise (like I believe maybe Kordor har and others) on forums (about how to train, and some strategy and build stuff)

and also, if we could, it might be nice if at some times of week maybe or at least hosted times from time to time we coud reserve PK areas (one anyway) for low level fighter to practice on each other, without fear of high level just mowing them down. This way would not need to make a new arena or area or even implement permanent changes to cap levels or whatever. Just ask people to stay out at these times and let the lower levels train, That would benefit all because the more the newer people train the more people will be able to pk as they level and improve and more fun for all. And who knows maybe someday i will go train my alt to fight, if you can ever tear me away from the laboratory

YethQ

YethQ you say, and I quote : Just ask people to stay out at these times and let the lower levels train. ( 0.0 ) ...really ???

That's like asking NewHope not to summon White Tigers on you in a Hydro run...just ain't gonna' happen that way.

Lower level Characters are additional Kill Stats for these High A/D Characters-Players. They don't give two $hits from a flying Invisible Dead Rat's @$$ about letting lower level Characters-Players train in peace, because the LAST thing they HONESTLY want is ANY competition what so ever. *Truth*

You will never train your ALT to fight as long as you KNOW that you will be killed as soon as you walk into the Arena with Amar or Joe or....

I think part of the training of a Pker might start outside the pk arena, with reg mobs, daily grind and other a/d stuff like dailies of course, which anyone can do, because if you get your a/d high doing that then you can start in the arenas. True, you probably are not going to train as a Pker in the pk arena at low levels--you likely will die too much to make it practical training. So why not, if you want to be a pker, train like mad in regular training until you are able to compete at least somewhat in the arena or kf. I could not make harvester meds when I started crafting, I had to do thread and polish saphs,.....why should people expect to be able to use the pk arena anytime when they are low levels? And I probably worded it wrong, meant stronger than just ask people to stay out, more like tell them they had to or suffer some consequence, and no it would not be offered all the time so would not have to have mods watch all the time.....but some periods could be offered for lower levels. And more than than I am thinking contests for htem (and others) would be nice. it would give low level (new players) a chance to try pk and see what it is like and then they might have incentive to train so they can do more of it.

Can't really bash a suggestion like that no matter what it entails. I think offering your help to the game is admirable indeed.

Nothing wrong with promoting what you enjoy lemme know if you get something going. olenthered in-game

there is already cap arenas, DP is most used and is no drop already, most pk people if asked nicely will leave nubs fight it out alone, if you need a pr0 body guard go and get one, the problem here is same as in life that some people are just mean bully.

also if you have cap arena where you cant enter if you ar higher, plenty nub players have some pretty high level gear, what next will you think of? capped arena where you have to be naked?? is just silly, go and fight you might just learn something, if you die, who cares is just a game :)

actally, I am not bashing Tokie's idea, I have a lot of good feelings towards tokie and know him in game fairly well. I think his offer is very generous but not sure how many others would match it, and the logistics of it could be better thought out I think. I also, as I said, I am not sure that the reasoning behind the arena is totally sound.....I do think there have always been higher level pkrs (excpet in the very beginning of game) who could and most likely did kill the lower level ones....so what I said about leveling a/d and training outside pk areas I think is probably accurate, although might be nice if a PKer would add his/her two cents worth about how they prepared for the pk areas when they were lower level (except I do know some did not have to as some did buy chars, however, I know too that not every one of them did this).....So would like to hear from some of them maybe....is is possible to train as a Pker today and how would they go about doing it and how would it be most helpful. If this type of arena is the answer, I too would donate even if I did not use it.....but also, would Radu even consider it is an issue as well....and for what price. And would others chip in as well. I try not to "Bash" anyone's ideas, but instead offer my own ideas in a respectful and thoughtful way. And I apologize if I seemed to bash anyone, and maybe I should of offered my positive thoughts as well, so I am including them here.

ok, I am not someone who PKs but I pay attention somewhat to pk and listen to channel 6 (lurking usually yea) and my thoughts are this.

Were there no high level Pkers when the higher level Pkers of today were low level and trying it out? How then did they become high level? I think it must still be possible to become a good

They buy the character that's been trained by 100 people 24/7 and is an unnaturally high lvl-ed beast. then it doesn't matter if they are good or not, they just crush everything.

there are tons of pk areas in the game. keep switching up where you train and it's less likely that you'll be found. train in augs.

Okay, let us give Radu some more credit here. If He can "adjust" between someones A-102 and D-98,( just an example ) to allow them to continue the 100-120 games, then I'm SURE He's smart enough to program what ever is needed to stop new 20-20 n44b Characters from entering an Arena with Dragon Armor and Radio.Rapier. The System could, would and should recognize it,( the Big Weapon and Armor ) and not allow access.

If Radu deems it needed, He could implement it so that anyone using the 40 and under must wear no more than say, Aug's. with no more than a Iron Shield and a Regular Iron Broad Sword. The 60 and under Arena, no more than Iron Plate set, S2E Sword and Steel Shield, and so on for other designated Arena's. In short, there is NOTHING that Radu can't do. It's only a matter of Him WANTING to do it, and with the financial backing of concerned Players, it could be done just that much sooner.

I say let the higher level Character rule C-2 Arena's, and leave all but a select few on C-1 to the newer Players / Characters, so the Game can rebound and grow past what it's always been, a Game for the rich who use Best Buy Characters or Bully's with traded hand me down Characters.

If it don't change, I am in fear that one day Radu will get sick and tired of 20 or so odd Characters being the last ones left using Eternal Lands...and reach over and un-plug the Server for ever... I love this Game, and don't want to see it go.

I would get into PK if I could fight people my own level in a no drop area, without being killed by somebody with 160 a/d I have no hope in hell of beating. And aside from trying to kill krazy in the past 2 days I'm not somebody that has ever got into PK in Eternal Lands. Sometimes we need new challenges. :)

How about in addition to desert pines arenas, an arena capped at 100 and another one 120? Same functionality as DP arenas. No drop and they bring down your a/d to 100 and 120 respectively.

Hussam, I am trying to be as clear about this as I can, but in case I am not being clear enough, let me state that : "I offer this suggestion not for me, but for the new Characters in game, as well as for the good of the Game as a whole, in an attempt to allow the new Characters and Players a chance at learning to PvP, and then PK, without interference by those who are only out to raise their PK score by New Character / Player killing".

This is not for me. This is for other people... New People, so they can both build their own fighters and have fun doing it, before being thrown to the Lions in the Arena for the slaughter by the so called Pr0's of Eternal Lands.

As for my C-1 Guild Map...all I am doing now is waiting to send Roja the new information, so we can get things changed, and for Decembers update to install Elasian Fields #nU C-2 Guild Map for the Council of Elders usage. No matter what, I will always keep Guild Maps for Training and fun, and no matter what, I will always be here, you,( they ) can't get rid of me just by invading one of my Guild Maps...quite the contrary, it only gives me the drive to train that much harder.

Fix your guild map, change the entrance location and don't tell just about anyone how to enter. Then you will have a safe pk training place.

Hussam, Please tell me how this has anything to do with fixing a safe place for Players / Characters using the 40 and under Arena in Desert Pines ?