Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Neokan

Daggers: The Forgotten Weapon.

After researching and studying a bit, found out that EL lacks of this basic weapon, The closest weapon to a dagger that is actualy in game, is the titanium/steel shortsword, but this is not yet a dagger. Also theres a reference to daggers in a quest named Dagger training, wich gives attack exp.

A little Intro by Wikipedia (hehe) :

A dagger is a fighting knife with a sharp point designed or capable of being used as a thrusting or stabbing weapon. The design dates to human prehistory, and daggers have been used throughout human experience to the modern day in close combat confrontations. Many ancient cultures used adorned daggers in ritual and ceremonial purposes, a trend which continues to the present time in the form of art knives. The distinctive shape and historic usage of the dagger have made it iconic and symbolic.

So I worked on this, for us to get the possibility to have these weapons ingame, and who doesnt like to have a broad arsenal? :P.

Drawings by: Me :P

][/img]

Dagger: A standard dagger (yeah as incredible as it sounds)

0 Human Nexus

3 – 6 Dmg

+1 Accuracy

+1 Critical hit

-1 Defence

1 EMU

Breaks

Dropped From : Not Specified.

Sold By: Blacksmith.

Price: Not Specified.

Crafting:

Manufacture lvl 15

Exp 60

2 fire essence

7 Iron bar

2 Artificial Nexus

Food Substracted 7

Hemorrage Dagger: A dagger which edge has been designed to open deeper wounds.

2 Human Nexus

7 – 11 Dmg

+4 Accuracy

+2 Critical hit

-2 Defence

5% chance to deal an additional 15 - 25 damage after a hit.(Offensive Proc)

Degrades

2 EMU

Dropped From: Not Specified.

Sold By: Not Available.

Crafting:

Exp 120

3 Fire Essence

1 Iron Bar

7 Steel bar

1 Polished Ruby

Manufacture lvl 25

3 Artificial

Food Substracted 12

Empoisonner: A powerful ritual dagger which blade has been empoisoned to deal extra damage.

5 Human Nexus

12-18 Dmg

+7 Accuracy

+5 Critical hit

-4 Defence

10% Chance to empoison after hit.(same as poison spell)

1 EMU

Degrades

Dropped From: Not Available

Crafting:

1 Enriched death essence

6 Fire essence

2 Bones

1 Steel bar

7 Titanium bar

Manufacture lvl 37

Exp 275

5 Artificial

Food Substracted 16

Dragon Fang: A Rare ancient crafted dagger made from a pristine dragon fang, imbued with a remnant of a dragon´s soul.

6 Human Nexus

15 – 25 Dmg

+12 Accuracy

+7 Critical Hit

+3 Crit Dmg

-5 Defence

10% Chance to burn for 20 – 35 after a hit.(Offensive Proc)

3 EMU

Dropped From: Any Dragon.

Crafting: Cannot be Crafted.

Sold By: Tanta - Port Anitora, at [84,207].

Price: 190,000gc

Daggers Crafting Knowledge:

Dagger Construction:

Requires: Weapon Construction.

Sold by: Dan - White Stone City - [109,691]

Dropped by: Not Available.

Hemorrage Dagger Construction:

Requires: Weapon Construction, Dagger Construction.

Dropped by: Male Goblin, Female Goblin, Armed Goblin.

Empoisonner Construction:

Requires: Weapon Construction, Dagger Construction.

Sold By: Canthemir - Zirakinbar Stronghold - [35,320]

Dropped by: Not Available.

Pure Suggestion: Teh G0d can change everything as he wants :).

EDIT: For some reason the image isnt showing, so maybe if u want to see the example images u can use the url shown.

Edited by Neokan

Well my friend we can actually use bones and branches as weapons in game they are not that effective hehe.

Remmember we are talking about a game, and if u check the past of daggers you see how they were used.From a standard citizen defensive tool, to a weapon adapted to be used by ancient armies, Just gotta check a bit of its history.

And about Dual wielding that you mention, Im sure it would be nice, but well thats a different topic, maybe it should be posted as another suggestion.

Also remmember the usual Rpg Assassin, most of people get in mind a dagger as first idea, when hearing this. That class did not got its name alone, but because of using short weapons easy to hide, and strike in precise points on the body, causing lethal wounds.

Daggers ask for a distance property to be introduced into combat. They're not every effective against a person with a long pole. Unless you already manage to come close to that person. At which point the long pole proves less effective than the dagger.

Daggers ask for a distance property to be introduced into combat. They're not every effective against a person with a long pole. Unless you already manage to come close to that person. At which point the long pole proves less effective than the dagger.

Ever heard of "backstab", very popular and effective in LARP.

Implementation here could be that, if you strike first, you always do a crit hit :) , the length of the pole does not matter then :P

+1

I like the idea of having a dagger which will add poison damage (same as the spell) or that gives critical to hit each time it is used when invisible.

EL lacks a light mod neutral weapon for us stealthier types, I think the dagger could fill this gap, we have some items that can get us to become stealthier but all weapons add a significant minus light mod.

as a side note the dagger should be a 2 handed weapon, and I like the idea of higher crit rates whislt attacking from invis

You've put some effort into this idea. It's a nice idea. I'd love to see more ways to inflict poison! As to the idea of giving a dagger a neg light modifier, it makes no sense, but it's a cool idea that I would like to see.

What if a dagger could be used to cause damage without beginning melee? Say you're walking up on a target, you stab and keep moving?

Or what if that could be coupled with a small possibility to remain invisible after doing the damage?

...the dagger should be a 2 handed weapon...

No! Daggers are supposed to be 1 hand, always.

I meant that if the dagger is equipped you cannot wear a shield, so effectively it is a two handed weapon.

...As to the idea of giving a dagger a neg light modifier, it makes no sense...

If you read my post, it is asking for it to have a neutral light mod, not a negative one :D

...remmember the usual Rpg Assassin, most of people get in mind a dagger as first idea, when hearing this. That class did not got its name alone, but because of using short weapons easy to hide...

Edited by Rokk

I meant that if the dagger is equipped you cannot wear a shield, so effectively it is a two handed weapon.

Ah this makes sense. I agree with this one, tho it would be nice if you could actually wear 2 daggers or dagger and some smaller sword at same time (let's say up to ti short).

...As to the idea of giving a dagger a neg light modifier, it makes no sense...

If you read my post, it is asking for it to have a neutral light mod, not a negative one :D

I'd like a negative light mod, but it has no rationale, that's all I meant to say.

Ah this makes sense. I agree with this one, tho it would be nice if you could actually wear 2 daggers or dagger and some smaller sword at same time (let's say up to ti short).

Like wearing a fire arrow on your back, gives you the fire damage. A second weapon could do the same, with the same to hit penalties.

As a side note, you could use them as daily quest item. Sneak in to Theo and stab the giant or something to that effect. Some kind of boss type crittier. The black cloaks could be the progenitor of the quest.

Note the unbalanced ingredients lists in EL. Steel shield is 8 steel bars and 2 iron bars. Titanium short swords are 6 steel bars and 6 iron bars. This means that a short sword uses slightly more metal than a steel shield assuming equal bar sizes. Your recipies should probably take less bars than a shield and less bars than a titanium short sword. I would think that steel shields would require more bars though. Maybe I am screwy there.