Eternal Lands Official Forums
dragon_killer

Instance with 3 man

Hello this is just a suggestion.

As you might now it is not possible to be less than three people during 2mins(i don t think it is more than this) in an instance map otherwise you ll teleport to IP.

So my suggestion is to increase the time up to 5-6 mins.

In my case i grue a lot and i need about 3-4mins to log back.

And for general case, people might want to log off to do important stuff.

Adding some minutes to the time limit won t help people doing 2 men instances. So i guess there shouldn t been a problem increasing the time limit.

Anyway it is just a (selfish) suggestion.But i would feel really bad if we teleport to IP due to my/someone net connexion.

Thanks for reading.

Some time ago, we did an instance with 4 persons and 2 of us grued exactly at the same time because of a power outage. No need to tell you that we were kicked from the instance map...

Well in our case, it won't have changed anything because it took some time for the power to come back for them but it's still a bit annoying.

Yes I agree with that extrapolation but if the instance was only to restrict 2 men instance and not 3 men then it is a bit sad to teleport to IP because of someone grue.

I understand that going with 5 people will solve the problem but increasing the limit time will solve it too :P.

And for that kind of grue schmurk i don't think we can do something =/, but i don't think it happens often ( i least i hope :))

I think radu was being generous to only require 3.

Instances weren't meant to be farmed that way.

In other words, I highly doubt he'd do anything to make it any easier to only go with 3.

It should almost be a bug/abuse going with under 5 people. This is just telling me its way to easy? Maybe radu should tweek all instances in a way that the lower amount of people the harder it gets? Make it semi-impossible for people to go with 3 players

It already gets harder with less people. You need more resources in spite of having less EMU to mule them in. I actually agree with OP, once we went into a 80-100 with 5 people regular, one had to leave early (or died, i don't remember). I had to log off for a minute because of RL emergency, and during the same time, another player must have grued, so when i logged back 1 minute later, we got kicked, in spite of being still 4 ! I learnt my lesson and will try to stay logged in !

Just today Raistlin Allandor Cedg and me went to instance. When the first cocalar had just 1.8k health points left i grued. as did Allandor and Raistlin. When we 3 where finally able to log back in after a few seconds (we simply where not able to connect to server even if rest of internet worked fine and we all have different isp). if situations occure where 3 people who live in the same country but not in the same area can out of some reason grue at same time and through that not finish a almost finished instance i would say please add some minutes before the server kicks one out. Make it 5-10 minutes. Nobody can finish an instance that fast unless they would be allready fighting the last boss and it would not help anyone who wants to go in to solo the first wave as training excercice

and yes i know we went with only 4 people instead of 5 but it would have made no difference in our case as 3 of us have grued out at same time.so the server would have kicked remaining players anyway.

I've adjusted to the change of the instance requiring 3 players at all times (which, as mentioned, means you need 4 to 5 to be safe).

Just please don't keep lowering the drops. This is why people are trying to risk going with the minimum amount of ppl required because by the time you pay for the supplies needed to kill everything and then split the loot, you barely cover your costs. You can occasionally get lucky and make money, but if you reduce time with scales, tokens or serp stones, you quite often lose money. This has been my experience with 4 ppl. And for something so risky and advanced in the game, this is a little disappointing.

This being said, instances are fun. The risks, the planning, the tactics, the team work and trust required are all reasons why I keep doing them.

Lastly, if they become harder in an attempt to require more ppls, that's fine with me too, but again, please make it worth the time and effort in terms of drops.

Thanks for reading.

but if you reduce time with scales, tokens or serp stones, you quite often lose money.

And so it should be!

But I agree - make it so that 5 strong or 8 mixed fighters are needed to finish it, and no one will be moaning about the <3 man instance boot.

But I agree - make it so that 5 strong or 8 mixed fighters are needed to finish it, and no one will be moaning about the <3 man instance boot.

I disagree, due to my timezone, I hardly can take part in instances. In fact it's very hard to get 5 ppl together at all for me (fulltime or enters).

If it's made harder and you need 5+ ppl, I can skip those instances completely, which would be sad.

I agree with raistlin getting 2 or 3 other people willing to fight an instance when you want is hard enough getting the 5th is what makes most time the trouble. and considering that the drops are the way that in high level instances you make more training then when you go into them with scales (except when you get a good instance which i did not see for a few weeks) the instances are these days more of an fun factor then about farming. (yes i like it very much when i get good drops but i do no longer count on them when i go in, and i go in often). I hate it if like this week again i get thrown out, because one of our 4 man team (and we had lots of trouble finding a 4th man who wanted to go) grues because of power failure, and then on way to restock after we managed 2 waves with less resources then we had planned for them (as we where expecting to do it with 4) one of us grues for about 10 secs, but just over the check if 3 people are in and we get thrown out. Its game and sometimes you win sometimes you loose, but a consideration of giving people a little bit more time after a grue occurred to check if it is really that amount of people playing would be nice.

Indeed Raistlin, it is very difficult to get a team together. Also for me, there is a very small time window in which I have to find players who want to go. ( Which is Saturday or Sunday evenings. ) And in those times the availible instance maps x/2 can be full sometimes too. Now what I want to say is, I find it wrong that three top player farm this instance over and over while normal player, perhaps with not so high a/d don't go. I somehow get the feeling that they are not welcome to go which I find almost insulting, I know that doesn't belong here but it must be said.

Many times I have asked players on channel 100120 for a large group who likes to go into the instance with me but they keep telling me there is no profit when you go with more then 5 player :(

Now I would like to see changes in such a way, that the game encourages players to go in larger groups !!

In my oppinion the gold coins which are dropped at the end from the boss monster should depend on how many players are still inside. Or if you want to be sure there is noone cheating with mules only player, the server should count how many players are fighting with the monster. Everyones oppinion is welcome to the topic. But I think my idea is a step in the right direction.

A few comments on this topic:

First, instances already produce a lot more gc than they remove from the game, which imo has contributed a lot to the inflation EL has observed. If something like this were implemented, it should increase either

a ) the chances of the 'rare drops'

b ) the possible number of 'rare drops' (in example, a choco orc currently can only drop 1 set of rare drops. Let's say a team > 5 finishes, let the choco orc have a chance to drop 2 sets of rares instead, such as 2 sets of holam or 1 set of holam and 1 set of serps).

I don't think increasing the raw gc drops is a good solution because it will cause more inflation in the game.

Second, the main reason we go with less people is because the instances are more fun that way. I don't think you ever went with our high power team in 100-120. We could finish in 30 minutes 4 man on a normal day..no horses or anything. If we took more people and it went faster, that would make it less fun.

Third, an 8-9 man instance is hard to manage. From what I heard, the last time 100-120s went to instance with 8 man, tons of bricks were lost. A small, organized team of 4-5 has a much greater chance to not poof bricks and complete the instance than a mass of people doing whatever they want (like in an invance :P).

If you want 8-9 man fun, the 100-120 invance should be emptying out soon and can probably meet this need for you.

Edited by Rabbitman

i think you should avoid the reduced rosto poofing advantages when trying to get radu to change something :D

nevertheless, instances are sometimes too easy, 100-120 with 4 people 115+ a/d and good teamwork was <40 minutes on average (i probably slowed them down taking afk breaks). they probably should depend on the number of people going and their a/d inside the brackets.. i'm sure 4 x 120 a/d can handle much more than 8 x 105 a/d, when the resources are limited to what you bring, but at some point the coin flip on waves changes only whether you carry arrows now or later - it's too easy to require more than 4 people

don't get all judgemental about doing instances with less people than are required to go in. except maybe for the WTF teams it's always a struggle to get above the costs (even if you don't use scales/tokens you still die sometimes or break stuff inside).. and all most people want to do is have fun inside and get reward for the risk they are taking and time they spent. recently i found a few people who like to do instances in a full (and that means 5) crew, but that's about it - if someone wants to do regular runs of 6+ people they have to put gc in it to have fun, and with every player the chance to get even and go again tomorrow or something w/o harvesting/etc. to get gc for sr/he/arrows/rosto.. is reduced.

so um.. ++ on rabbit's idea, and not just because everyone would love to have a few enters paid 20k instead of 10k to stick around till the end for better drops from player count, i'm sure that can be prevented somehow.. like people who are in instance and not in combat for more than 10 minutes get high damage poison ;P i'm sure if there was a good reason to get 6-8 people team, those two separate teams who both "can't find a 4th" at the same time, because no one wants to go as 6 - would make it work (you know the problem usually is you ONLY want a 4th, not 4th+5th or more.. and you don't even consider some people because with them the 4 might not be enough)

i would very much like the instances to be challanging and rewarding enough to go with more than 5 people, but that's just not what it is, so about the throwing us out - it only happened to me 2 times (4 people + enter, enter out, double grue at some point), but i see it as very unfair - we only reduce the number of people to have good chance to get balance between what we pay/bring to get in, and what we're rewarded with. so also ++ on changing it.. does it have to be one time less than 3 and out? imo at least give it some counter, 5 times less than 3 on full minute and out, pretty sure noone can do 2-man instance in 5 mins

Edited by malameo

Hello i think it might be a good opportunity to post here, the idea was to increase the time before teleing to ip when less than 3 people in instance.
Due to the server problems lately I suggest to add minutes before being teled to ip ( like 10mins) so it will be safe for the instancers. Today some people lost instance due to the server problem.

Instances should adjust waves and drops proportionally to the number of participants.
Simple as that. The rest is literature.

Edited by Mythos

Three man instances are run very often, even two.. What you want is ability to split the entry fee normally paid to extras.