Eternal Lands Official Forums
Amaara

Kill Counter

I've noticed that when I kill a new creature and/or monster (one not previously in the kills counter), it doesn't display in the kills counter until after I've relogged. Could this please be fixed so it will display immediately when a new creature is killed?

When doing Haidir quests and asked how many remaining, some players don't understand when you tell them it's not in the kills counter so you don't know how many are left.

Another simple trick: open the stats window (counters tab) and right click to get the menu. Check the box for "Enable Floating Messages" and then every time you kill a critter it will show total kills of that monster over your head.

However, keep in mind that these counters are client side (based on info from your computer) and not server side and thus not always accurate. The Haidir quest message is sent by the server when you have killed the appropriate number of critters, regardless of what your local counter claims.

I've noticed the counter bug before (notice I call it a counter bug, not a Haidir bug). But in every case that I can remember when there are drops to verify count (i.e. hawk feathers for the PV / Hawk / Haidir), the drops do prove that I've done the right number of kills.

Another simple trick: open the stats window (counters tab) and right click to get the menu. Check the box for "Enable Floating Messages" and then every time you kill a critter it will show total kills of that monster over your head.

However, keep in mind that these counters are client side (based on info from your computer) and not server side and thus not always accurate. The Haidir quest message is sent by the server when you have killed the appropriate number of critters, regardless of what your local counter claims.

The "Enable Floating Messages" doesn't work, is there something in options that would need to be also enabled?

The problem I encountered was with killing pandas for the first time - no fur to count and as I was also killing other creatures, I couldn't tell how much by counting meat and bones :(

I will try a resort list when I kill something new...tigers soon I think.

Thanks for the replies.