Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Infamous

indefinite boot?

[Aislinn @ 6]: You can summon me with a troll too. Oh looky, I have choices.

-that was to st arcan

[Frantic @ 6]: summon a troll with a troll? O.o

made the comment in reference to mods, because seems whenever they got to warn/mute/boot someone, theres mostly a personal comment attacking the person. like earlier where Maxine called me a toddler.

which ofc made me upset and shortly after that i got a boot.

and now i got an indefinite boot cause of this.

i realize i shouldn't have said what i said and i apologize for it.

just would be nice if the moderators could easen up on threats and insults aswell, inciting argueing/flames or insults and then punish your opponent with powers isn't the way to go. it just sets bad blood between people which you'll eventually end up banning.

I don't need a lecture from you on how to moderate.

And no, that isn't the ONLY reason you were finally indefinitely booted.

Every day you poke sticks at mods, the game, and at radu. Every single day. You push and insult and every day you push it one bit further until you are in full bashing mode and something breaks the camel's back. Of course you say it was just this one tiny little thing tonight that caused it. Nothing could be further from the truth.

Funny you left out the trolling comments that started the whole thing ehh? Or your trolling from earlier tonight?

afaik i mentioned i got booted earlier? aside from that there hasnt been anything today, or past week. i've been mostly afk harving playing another game in the meantime.

maybe not a lecture from me, but someone needs to do it. obviously there is no higher power moderating mods. just you, but you stick with whatever mods do and justify it somehow.

poking sticks at the game? the recent suggestion i assume? scuze me for making a suggestion and try to help out improve the game. or pointing out things you think lack or can be improved, is that a crime?

and at radu? another excuse to justify it? come on, everybody knows poking radu leads to his ignores, or a ban/boot right away.

my behavior wasn't acceptable i admit, but it's not like mods are saints either. difference is i come here and admit it and apologize.

something we'll never see from you, or the other mods.

You mean somebody needs to lecture me so that I allow you your freedom of speech? And your buddies' as well?

Freedom of speech to some extent of course. but a lecture to mods to not lash out with threats and insults, and then end it with a mute/boot/ban backed up by you like they didn't contribute to a punishment themselves.

like Maxine earlier, she thought a warning and then calling me a toddler would keep the peace? ofc not, that's just pissing someone off hoping you get a reaction to boot the person.

same as before, with the invasion she gave. she warned me for a false location i gave, i didnt give another false location but made a comment saying it wasn't against the rules and Zap! there i went.

i actually listened to her and didn't gave another false location and at the same time even admit i lied about it and still.

other mods are actually pretty cool though, they work with you to calm you down and stop talking. not like this where they just insult someone and hope they get a reason to ban someone.

edit: ofc it's not just these incidents. whenever there is a hint of trouble on channel 6 there is always a threat/warning and sometimes an insult which sometimes leads to more.

Edited by Infamous

1. About tonight: YOU started the insults, not maxine.

2. About that blasted contest: the whole point was, if Hulda was such a great and funny place for you to try to send others to, you should be going there yourself. You know, prove your point of how great and funny it is. So you did. Very self-explanatory. You then demanded to be teleported out. So you were. Personally I found it to be a very creative solution, rather than a boring mute or boot.

As to modding...sure most work to cool you down without using commands. But after a while, even that gets old too and the gentle pm's just don't work anymore. You find me one instance where a mod insulted somebody for no reason. And don't you dare use tonight. 1. You had the first dig and 2. You are one of the biggest repeat customers we have. Your "warning" time is long over.

No idea how you can possibly think @6 is overmoderated. Don't confuse people not interested in trolls for overmoderation.

Edit:

We, the moderators, are NOT your personal punching bags, wind up toys, or animals at the zoo to poke sticks at. If you want to treat us as such, you will find there is a consequence. We are NOT obligated to put up with any manner of abuse from players simply to accomodate your imagined "free speech" rights. And if you poke at us often enough, we will eventually not bother to nicely pm you anymore first.

1: i said things that could be changed but wouldn't. and maxine had to start threatening/insulting which is what started it in the first place.

it wasn't insulting, if it was theres obviously a truth in what i said.

2: she warned "1 more false location and ill send you there" which is exactly the warning i followed by not giving another location, so what she did was wrong.

overall, i never got a nice pm from a mod in about 6 years. ofc it's not gonna work if you don't do it.

We are NOT obligated to put up with any manner of abuse from players simply to accomodate your imagined "free speech" rights. And if you poke at us often enough, we will eventually not bother to nicely pm you anymore first.

which is the problem, people poke at you guy's too much and suddenly you start lashing out at everybody for minor things. and things like this happen.

i could find a few occasions of mods insulting for no reason involving headless. but i'll do that later and post it here.

so basicly what you are saying is, if given a reason they can insult people and make things worse? and then just because they have the power they can punish someone and call it justified?

2 wrongs don't make a right.

atleast i apologized, but doubt moderation will suddenly change their attitude or admit they are sometimes wrong too.

You don't mean your apology, you're bashing me and others everywhere else anyway and have been for a very long time.

And you keep ignoring the fact that you have spent the exact number of years you've been in EL making trouble in EL in one way or another. Old news, we don't have to humor your sensibilities anymore. Any truths in things you say are more than obliterated by the rest of the drivel that surrounds it.

And I'm done trying to explain anything to you, as you insist on ignoring half and putting totally different words in my mouth for the other half.

I'm done.

you told me you guy's deal with things in-game and dont care about elsewhere? and now you bring it up as a reason to ban me?

on another note, i said my apology, if i didn't mean it i wouldn't bother posting.

and no, i haven't always been making trouble. sometimes got caught up in trouble, sometimes because i have an issue with how the mod team runs.

and if you point out some of those issues, hoping things will change you are suddenly a troublemaker.

and as far as i can remember each issue had a punishment? so i get punished for things already dealt with before, just so tonight looks like an OK reason to ban?

i get that you are friends with Maxine, you being guildies and all, but you have responsibilities and if she's wrong you need to point it out to her. not just save her from w/e she does by backing her blindly.

my point being, my "truths" been obliterated how? i've pointed out exactly what's wrong, you even confirmed it happens but "with reason"

just looks like you don't tolerate anyone pointing out flaws in the way you run things, and follow up with "your a troll, you lie, everything u say is bs" so you can be the one who's right, cause the victim is just a troll right

edit: and no, i don't ignore what you say and don't put words in your mouth. I read and respond to your posts, as far as putting things in your mouth? where did i do that, i've based what i said on what u said, and how it sounds like.

edit 2: just explain to me, why is it OK for a mod to insult someone, even with reason? you just end up adding fuel to the fire.

and you wouldn't hear from me if mods come across hostile, ofc that's gonna upset people.

Edited by Infamous

Allow me to point out several observations while you are discussing this with Aislinn. These observations are in general from what you've said here. I'm not responding based on your specific situation..

you told me you guy's deal with things in-game and dont care about elsewhere? and now you bring it up as a reason to ban me?

on another note, i said my apology, if i didn't mean it i wouldn't bother posting.

Keep in mind that what you say in other places can affect how we interpret what you say here. If someone is saying one thing at one site and something totally different here, the trust level in what's being said here can easily drop like a rock because there is conflicting information.

and as far as i can remember each issue had a punishment? so i get punished for things already dealt with before, just so tonight looks like an OK reason to ban?

The history of peoples past rule breaking does affect how we have to respond to them when new problems occur. Repeated problems starts falling under a different rule then the original offenses. So when a reaction is increased, they aren't being punished a second time for a previous offense, but rather the past history or being a repeat offender and troublemaker is taken into account or triggers an additional rule violation.

Rule #25 is there specifically to help address problems like this, specially applicable when people start causing problems on purpose.A good example is that normally people breaking channel rules get muted or sent to the proper channel, but repeat offenders can be banned, and the effects may not be limited to just the offending character since it is the player that is the source of the problem.

Also, bringing up the past history doesn't have to specifically mean Rule #25 is involved or not, but rather whether they are sincere or will continue to be a problem. Would you believe someone who has been caught and punished repeatedly for illegal multi if they said they wouldn't ever do it again? Back to my first pint, what if the same person in someplace other then EL was also spouting off that they were proud they had multied and were planning to do it again? In this hypothetical situation do you really think they should be believed?

Athena is logged in just fine right now. Tyrannis will have to talk with Aislinn so she knows he won't be helping you cause trouble.

Edited by Learner

Tyrannis is on a no sharing restriction, so she won't be helping me in any way.

not interested in causing trouble either, rather play a game for fun then try and dodge moderation.

edit: and Tyra had a talk with Aislinn already yesterday, and Aislinn told her she didn't want to ban her aswell.

Edited by Infamous

hi this is Tyrannis, thought i can post here since i live with frantic and share the same IP

[17:44:07] [PM to Aislinn: please let him come, next time he says anything to mods u can ban/booted me aswell. :(]

[17:44:21] [PM from Aislinn: I don't want to ban/boot you. :P]

but now i got ban anyway, can my character Tyrannis be whitelisted please?

So given I didn't ban your IP yesterday, you (frantic) must have been one of the ones pulling all the nonsense this morning because as I know it, IP bans only started happening with the juvenile character creation spam and even more juvenile @6 spam.

So knowing you have an apparently innocent third party you are affecting, you still made more trouble. Would that be an accurate statement?

Also I am in the midst of preparing for a hurricane so your behavior is not my first priority.

which nonsense? i woke up and tyra told me she was IP banned. since the boot i haven't done anything related to EL other then this topic. and unoff forums.

it was St_arcane if you wanna know, afaik he told on unoff it was him using proxy's.

Edited by Infamous

I'm sure you know but I'm too busy to play your games.

Anyway I whitelisted Tyrannis. Obviously if there is any trouble it will be removed. She will still see the banned message. Allow approximately 20 minutes for the server to update the information.

you assume too much, after the boot i played another game and went to bed, just to wake up and find out there was an IP ban.

yes i know there was char creation spam and trouble on channel 6, but that doesn't mean i was part of it, i only found out because St_arcane posted about it on unoff forums.

Another example of your selective reading.

I didn't say I am sure you did it. I said I am sure you KNOW, after you said "which nonsense?"

Maybe if you just would read what I say and not try to twist everything, you'd actually understand what is said to you.

So given I didn't ban your IP yesterday, you (frantic) must have been one of the ones pulling all the nonsense this morning because as I know it, IP bans only started happening with the juvenile character creation spam and even more juvenile @6 spam.

Another example of your selective reading.

I didn't say I am sure you did it. I said I am sure you KNOW, after you said "which nonsense?"

you suggested i was ip banned cause of it, selective reading? don't hint i got ip banned for that, and then suggest i know why.

so i got IP banned for knowing what someone else did? :\

Anyway ty for your time, and for whitelisting Tyra.

After talking to aislinn a while I realize some mods got upset/tired of things I said. I admit sometimes that was the intention and sometimes they were honest mistakes that got taken the wrong way/blown up by either me or the other party. (invasion with maxine, the 1 time "hi burn" for example)

I apologize to mods in general for things i said on purpose just to get a response, i'll try and refrain from doing that in the future.

That would be greatly appreciated by me, for sure!

I accept your apology but I can only speak for myself.

I unlocked frantic.

Heh oh yeah. :blush: I wondered what was taking you so long :whistle:

Done. It might take a few minutes for the server to update the information.