Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Faxie

Invance ban for individual players

I just heard that the 100-120 invance has been given a one week cool off because of some people misbehaving. I understand and agree with the mods that something had to be done, and this being the only instrument they have besides banning people from the game as a whole.

The other side of this cool off is that players that just want to have fun in invances (and have it regardless of the slackers/troublemakers) now have to miss out too and are being punished aswell.

This made me think of the following:

Make it possible for the mods to ban individual players from the invances. So when they try to go,Ilie will state that they are not welcome and he won't teleport them.

NB: if you want to react to this post, please keep it on topic and do not start a flame war over whose fault it is or that it isn't fair that we have cool off etc etc etc.

Edit: typo

Edited by DonC

I agree with Faxie, this is an excellent idea. Maybe allow mods to set someone's invance #ii to -240 so they will be on cd for an additional 10 days?

Agree!

The community cant pay for individuals errors!

*typo edit

Edited by Tico

it's not fun that there would have to be new punishment implemented for us to have a normal invance, but with the recent problems the idea is great; booting off the invance once is not enough and ban is too much. this, even if not used, would make some people reconsider

I don't do instances atm but this is a great idea, if possible the NPC ban list option would be the best way to do it out of the two options.

Yes, makes sense to me, and setting the cooldown counter to -240 or something sounds like a very easy solution, too - i'm really not very fond of collective punishment in any way. - on the other hand, WASN'T there one invance just yesterday night? Mercator says so...

Save us the headache please, and just ban them!

Like a month EL ban? If they only flame at invance EL ban be a little too heavy.

Invance ban be more better solution but I goona see if after a week invance ban it get better

what exactly triggered the invance cooldown?

Please take that question to a general chat topic infamous. I rather have this about the suggestion.

This made me think of the following:

Make it possible for the mods to ban individual players from the invances. So when they try to go,Ilie will state that they are not welcome and he won't teleport them.

Edit: typo

This is very good idea +1.

PS. If anyone can write me on PM in short what the hell happened on that invance then I will appreciate. Thank you.

Edited by Devnul

I don't agree with this at all.

Invances are about team work, yes.

So are instances.

Why are you going to ban players from invances, let alone give certain invances a 'cool off'?

Many times before people have misbehaved in some kind of way, whether that be taking drops, stealing peoples armors etc.

You can't make one rule for one, and then when your guild has a problem with it; because it's happening to them, suddenly change the rules.

I'm speaking from my point of view and probably the whole of PkG, when I say this really has only started because of us. I mean 120-200 got 2 invances in 10 days or something ridiculous because of a few people not wanting to go because they wouldnt get MB shares. The problem only arose when Maxine (don't take this as mod harassment, it's just the first person I read that had a problem with it) commented on the fact PkG (Rather; Me, Mufossa and LorLen) stole 2 MBs from and invance and shared between ourselves. A few people like Faxie, decided he would follow suit too. Suddenly we have a pandemic on our hands because 'no one wants to range' when in fact 120-200 only needs probably 3 rangers, not 20 that seem to appear EVERY invance.

If you don't want to risk getting no drops, don't range.

In a way 120-200 can relate to this 'problem' in 100-120.

I even said on @6 that the 14 hour cooldown was a bit silly if you're gonna give 2 invances in 10 days, and still not give a reason FOR not giving invances.

How are we, uhm, 'meant to learn' if you don't tell us where our faults are.

You can see this as 'moderation in public discussion' but if you are going to moderate, then follow radu's rules;

http://www.eternal-l...showtopic=56173

And if such rules are unclear such as 'No Sabotaging' then I believe rules should be re-written, as taking drops is in NO WAY sabotaging and invance; it's exactly the same as bagjumping someone at some iron, or in a normal invasion.

Either remove invances from the game; change the rules or all of you stop moaning and just face it, some peoples playing styles are in NO WAY going to appeal to you. It makes the game interesting, if you cant face that, go play a different game.

If you don't like what I say; then by all means don't read or reply to what I say again.

Edited by _iNvoKeD

Wouldn't be surprised if that was the case Calsonic, but in any case you won't get any to admit fault.

Haven't even been to 120+ yet and already hearing Maxine is quite the drama queen in that invance. can't really say i look forward to that x,x

just my 2cents, carry on ^^

Edited by Infamous

@CalsoniC and PkG guild: stop thinking you are the center of the world, all is not turning around you. :omg:

And AFAIK, Maxine can't start invances...

To be back on topic: I think it's not fair to punish the whole team for someone's bad behavior. Now I don't know exactly what happened in the 100-120 range but I can see two scenarios:

1. if it was a kind of dispute inside the team, then let the team manages that, people are tall enough I guess.

2. if it was rule breaking or harassment, just use the ban button on people who did it.

I think DonC/Faxie's suggestion is excellent, since it would make it possible just to give the people that cause trouble a time-out without effectively punishing a lot of players that had nothing to do with it and mostly weren't even there.

I think Infamous idea of having the cooldown be variable is good too, maybe make it flexible so that it can be adjusted to the severity.

Lets keep this thread on topic and not pull in things that have nothing to do with it.

The events in the 120+ are not relevant here, since bagjumping in invances is legal, as long as the bagjumper is actively participating and in range. The only thing I, as a player, can do is inform other players, which is what I did, no drama, (but I can imagine this was not appreciated by the pkg players).

FYI: I cannot start invances and have no effect on them (not) being run.

I've removed my original post because Aislinn has posted a much better descripion of the events that led to the ban/cooldown.

I'd like to add my vote to the suggestion to remove individuals from invances & not let them return for a set period, perhaps this could also include an automatic ban from all invance channels for the same period.

Edited by Cyrano

Okay.

First up, this has nothing to do with pkg, or the 120-200 range. As usual, the same few spew absolute drivel based on...no idea what. I guess absolute drivel they hear elsewhere.

Now. Here's the short version: For over a month, this range group has argued both during invances and in channel every single day over anything that could possibly be argued over. Hours and hours on end, every day. There have been people arguing, yes ARGUING not discussing, when to go, people yelling at me and insulting me when I ran them and they missed it, people yelling at me when I ran it and "that person" didn't give me permission (?!) and demanded, yes demanded, to know who asked for it, people going that do nothing, people going not equipped, people fighting to take gate so they don't HAVE to do anything, people trying to stop that so also fighting for gate, Do we add dragons? and people told they can't vote in the poll (from that range)...seriously, pick something, they argued or complained about it. Every single day. For hours. They were asked repeatedly to stop it, both as a group and individually to those who generally started it or were the common denominators in them all. Not much luck.

So for the past couple of invances, I went in demigod to watch what happened and cautioned everyone they had to participate, and not just sit doing nothing. Seemed simple enough. I would not get experience, and would observe, most specifically, the gate. Well. Apparently some people did not feel I was in my rights to go and the mother of all invance fights occured on that invance, mostly in local, complete with some very nasty yelling and name calling and even one person decided to "protest" by intentionally doing nothing but harvesting at the gate.

So yeah, a week off. Which given everything, is pretty lenient. And yeah, that was the short version. :P

Would "individual" invance bannings have prevented this? No, unless maybe it bans from the invance channel too. It covered too long a period of time and too many people. Maybe the ones who legitimately had nothing to do with this (and yes there are some really good, patient, kind people in this range) can talk some sense into the rest. But the idea does in general terms have merit, although I have no idea as to its feasibility, or if a channel ban would be possible either, because that would be needed too in my opinion.

Personally, I think Aislinn is perfectly correct. I am glad to see the crybabies and 'tattletalers' in this range are getting their reward for their actions. Try spending more time worrying about what you are doing, and less time worrying about what everyone else is doing. And, no need to mention that nobody asked for my 'two cents.' :icon13:

Would "individual" invance bannings have prevented this? No, unless maybe it bans from the invance channel too. It covered too long a period of time and too many people. Maybe the ones who legitimately had nothing to do with this (and yes there are some really good, patient, kind people in this range) can talk some sense into the rest. But the idea does in general terms have merit, although I have no idea as to its feasibility, or if a channel ban would be possible either, because that would be needed too in my opinion.

What about a few days ban?

According to your story, some people went off limits IMO...