Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Raistlin

Treasures and Treasure Finders

I really like treasure/treasure finders and their concept. Still there is a bit room for improvement to make the hunt even more enjoyable:

1. Please adjust treasure finders functionality a bit to the concept of pear finders. So that if the placed treasure has already been found, using a treasure finder results in "No treasure right now." and the finder does NOT disappear from inventory (you keep it).

Reason: New treasures get announced via global broadcast, so you can easily get yourself updated by having a look at http://twitter.com/Teh_Master if there is one ingame, BUT if treasure has already been found, there is no message indicating that.

2. Announce the finder/finding of the treasure, if possible, like "Player XXX has found a treasure."

Reason: Same like stated under first point. You get the info that the treasure has been found and you no longer need to continue hunting it ingame. In contrast to the first suggestion that influences you more when logging in, this addition influences an active treasure hunt. Plus the finder gets some satisfaction/credit.

Comments/thoughts?

Raistlin

Agreed.

I prefer pear hunting to treasure hunting primarily for these reasons. There's no way to know when a treasure has been found once placed, and you have to just hope if someone finds it they post it on 6, which in turn means you have to be both online and reading 6 just to (with luck) know if it's found. I don't want to waste my gc on treasure finders when I don't even know if it's still there.

When I first log on, I can easily tell if a pear is available to be found by clicking a finder. I can't find that out with a treasure.

And seeing as they're so randomly added to the game, treasures need these functions even more than pears since pears are guaranteed at start of game day. It's too easy to end up wasting loads of finders when there's nothing to find.

First one can't be implemented, because treasures don't work like pears. The second suggestion is pertinent though, and I will think of it.

Ah. Well, just having the second option would provide some means of knowing if it's found, so that would be a definite improvement!

First one can't be implemented, because treasures don't work like pears. The second suggestion is pertinent though, and I will think of it.

Can you make them work like that though? i mean, if you can have a pear spawn automatically in a random harvestable, why is it not possible to have a hyperbag spawn in a random location?