Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
_iNvoKeD

General issues and errors.

Doubt its just me but;

I'm always using ethernet connection (not wireless) and I dont lose connection to anything but EL. There isnt much traffic, if anything (just my PC) but I get random dcs and grues.

secondly; the client seems to crash a HELL of a lot, and you cant end the process and it just stays open. you stay logged in untill you re-log with a new client.

lastly; ping spikes - i play a hell of a lot of games, and my ping doesn't spike much if at all. my ISP is fine and I run a steady 10Meg speed at ALL times of the day, but in EL, randomly I will get anywhere between 200 and 3K ping spikes (from 30-40ms).

If you could look into these (cause I doubt they are just me) it would be nice, because I have lost a fair few rostos because of this.

Thanks

calsonic

I'm always using ethernet connection (not wireless) and I dont lose connection to anything but EL. There isnt much traffic, if anything (just my PC) but I get random dcs and grues.

secondly; the client seems to crash a HELL of a lot, and you cant end the process and it just stays open. you stay logged in untill you re-log with a new client.

I can stay online a whole 24 hours till my service provider disconnects me once every 24 hours - no lost connection ever. Thus I presume it's rather somewhere in your service provider's network or on route. Your ping spikes seem to indicate this as well - after all a lag out (grue) is nothing different than an even slower ping. Many service providers nowadays exercise some kind of "traffic shaping" which doesn't work well with some things - especially games which need a constant rate; these packages are not indicated as "priority traffic" - as opposed to VoIP services for instance.

wrt crashes: I used to get crashes *a lot* (like daily) as long as I played the game with sound enabled. As soon as I switched off sound, I didn't see a single crash anymore (playing on OSX).

Edited by Elke

I dont use sound.

But i'll try.

I've had the problem since el 1.9.3 client, never happened before, and there is nothing wrong with my internet/traffic btw.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this