Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Gogalthorp

Tel to loc problem

I believe it may be due to the reduction to 20 steps

In Mel tel from near storeage to dimond side is saying location not allowed

In Irsis can no longer get to Water Essence mix spot

Any one else see this??

I hope the tele to range can be restored to 24 steps. The original problem with the hydro can be easily solved by making some of the tiles unwalkable in that area.

Or another easy fix is make it no magic allowed in that area (like gp).

#edit: Because of one map/player this spell was turned pretty much useless now, specially for PvP/PvE where I noticed its biggest use to run away or catch a enemy/monster.

Edited by SenZon

I believe it may be due to the reduction to 20 steps

In Mel tel from near storeage to dimond side is saying location not allowed

Any one else see this??

for melinis underground, just walk cross the ladder, then walk all the way to where you are stopped by bars, and ttr past the bars. problem solved, just need to mapwalk a different part

I checked several ttr hops that I use and found one in Huda that no longer works. The closest ttr point to the Trass entrance to the Icy's island no longer works. Of course, I could walk further in and hope I don't meet some ACW.

Changing the spell to solve some map fault is a quick fix. I hope the map gets fixed and the spell restored.

You can no longer tele across the water in the magic passage in Trassian. This makes it hard for people to get to Dra Syn (e.g. for Xaq daily).

This is actually still possible. Just tricky and you have to aim for one exact spot on the first range tele.

Changing the spell to solve some map fault is a quick fix. I hope the map gets fixed and the spell restored.

Actually it was the other way around. The spell was supposed to be only 20 steps, so all the maps were made based on that.

Summary of spots:

1- hydro - never intended and gone.

2- EVTR - doubt it was ever intended there, gone, but honestly it was a waste of essies as the bridge isn't that far to walk, didn't really save much time using the range.

3- Melinis sto - alternate tele spots available, such as suggested above.

EDIT: Actually you can still tele across the "nasty water" from by storage. Try adjusting camera angle and clicking around. I just did it.

4- Irsis - You *can* still range across the secret isle, give it some tries and you'll figure it out. (I tested it today so it's definitely possible.)

5- PV - Doubtful the tele from south to storage over such a large mass of water was intended, and gone.

6- Trassian - Think and look around, there is still at least one way to range-tele into the Dra Syn area from the outside area. Just a bit of map study and I'm sure you'll find it. (As well, there's also an alternate route via caves.) Top it off with a simple quest that once done, you never have to tele there again. An essie saver for just a bit of time.

7- Hulda - (Umm, no opinion since it's outside my normal range of maps, heh. Others will have to weigh in there.)

So basically this change, which as Roja is saying is a fix actually, only removed a few things that shouldn't have been there, or means finding slightly alternate routes. If this is the way it was intended originally, as said, despite years of having unintended quick-routes we will just need to adapt.

Edited by Burn

Hulda is possible via a hop onto the small island then over. Ok so it's twice the ess - but how often is it done?

Anyone checked the broken bridge in Arius - is that still possible?

Anyone checked the broken bridge in Arius - is that still possible?

I checked that and was not able to tele across ... But could be just my lack of skill ;)

The original problem with the hydro can be easily solved by making some of the tiles unwalkable in that area.

Not trying to be too dense, but just what was the problem "solved" by changing the range?

Due to recent client updates you could see farther and tele across areas where it was previously impossible to see your destination.

One of such locations was a shortcut in Imbroglio that pretty much let you get to the Hydro without passing through pk areas > no risk.

Hydro was not intended to be that easy.

Edited by Maxine

Maxine, that was possible without extented camera angles too, you can ttr by clicking minimap too. btw, anybody tested evtr mine hop to titanium over broken bridge?

Edited by Littlebig