Eternal Lands Official Forums
CoLoR

Banned?

I never said "hi burn". I said "some men just want to say hi to burn".

And I never knew people got locked for it thought it was regular mute

I have said sorry and I promise not to smeg around on channel anymore..

Even let me play with total mute for a month is better than this :(

Should implement a perma mute for such dastardly people

Omg from your mouth to God's ears.

You know, I've heard a couple people respond to me, saying I sound as though I think all mods are perfect. No, we are not perfect, me especially. Most of you know that. :P But we do all try awfully hard to make this a better place and enjoyable for everyone (trolls and above jerks, not so much, although the drunks I try to help). We are human and we do get annoyed or flustered or angry or what have you. It is not easy (see above post). And yes, sometimes it IS impossible to handle a situation without getting a bit heavy handed. It is easy for you all to judge, but remember, you don't see everything that goes on at once either. Most people understand that as well, rather than use it as a weapon to brandish around crying mod abuse. Just sayin.

but then again when a player is wrong punishments get dished out, on the other hand like you said sometimes mods are wrong, but we never, ever see anything said about that. or corrected in some manner. in about 7 years the only mod that was clearly wrong and left the team is Rogue, out of free will and not cause the mod/dev team wanted him to go.

so yeah, it's easy to cry mod abuse when fishy things are going on and nobody say's or does anything about it.

good you at least understand not everyone is perfect, now you just need to enforce mod rules, and do something when they are in the wrong.

Ahh mihaim. You and that bunch you were with then beat him up pretty good too. Interesting example.

So...players can get out of hand, you don't agree, mods try to handle it, you think it is only "good clean fun", others don't agree, you cry mod abuse, and "the mod is wrong."

Meh.

Just be glad that Aislinn can only lock & ban players. Entropy & I reserve the right for doing deletions of total idiots, whether they are mods or players.

While problems with mods aren't normally public they do watch each other and keep each other in check and know that they have to be able to answer for ANY use of their powers, not just possible abuses. In general, we do hold mods to a higher standard then normal players, not just in their mod power usage.

Ahh mihaim. You and that bunch you were with then beat him up pretty good too. Interesting example.

So...players can get out of hand, you don't agree, mods try to handle it, you think it is only "good clean fun", others don't agree, you cry mod abuse, and "the mod is wrong."

Meh.

clearly you either aren't fit for the job, or are lacking in information. might want to re-read things? sure there are cases where mods are right, there are cases when mods are wrong. you just aren't willing to accept that or go out of the way to do anything about that.

and Mihaim was a perfect example, i was literally there when he spawned an invasion without warning when he got pked, and when he teled people to the underworld waiting to catch his diss for "causing lag" and every higher-up neglected it. and those 2 examples i was witness of, no idea of the accusations of stat modifying etc.

maybe mods do have to answer for any use of their power, but what use is it if the one they answer to (aislinn) takes up a stance of players are always wrong?

remember maxine? and the false invasion location? she warned me not to give a false location again, i didn't but argued with her that it wasn't against the rules (even admitted it was false on ch6), and she had to show-off getting me killed by a guildie. you took a stance saying she was right and you'd do worse.. what? ban someone for lying too?

theres tons of cases where you neglect the job you volunteered for. if you can't handle it maybe let someone else do it.