Eternal Lands Official Forums
CoLoR

Banned?

Hi,

I was locked earlier today by Aislinn for saying "some men just want to say hi to burn" on channel 6..

I said it once as a reply to scarr saying something like "some men just want to watch the world burn".

Its the first time I write anything about burn I dont even know the guy.

Why am I still locked? I never intended to harras or pick on anyone.

Thoros ingame.

Curious reply for someone who had no intention to harrass or pick on someone.

So what WAS your intent then? To be a sheep?

I had no idea that the whole "hi burn" thing was harrasment towards him when I saw it earlier on channel. I thought u just were muting people for spamming it.

My intent was to play with the words alittle and afterall all I did was saying the truth.

Some men want to say hi to burn...

cant understand this. Will I be unlocked?

Never ever?

cant belive im begin banned for saying something like that. wasent even an insult just a statement.

And what am I banned for? Harrasment? -.-

Edited by CoLoR

Maybe you will think twice next time about playing Follow The Leader and participating in something nasty you don't even have a clue what it's about.

If I had no clue Im innocent. Im sorry if I offended burn or any1 else.

I think you just keep me locked because you dont like me. lorkin did exactly the same thing..

You shoot off your mouth saying exactly what others did (in your opinion of a witty way to get away with it) after others were warned, then locked for it, and it was discussed as to why, and now you accuse me of it being a personal thing?

:omg:

You idiot.... Couldnt you just say sorry?? I know its minor compared to other infractions, but why tell someone the lock is bullshit and that they are weird when you were obviously trying to be a smart ass....

Cya in 30 days. [if youre lucky]

Sorry if I overstepped.. I couldnt help it...

It's not something that happened in 1 day. Aislinn has been warning the whole channel for like a week now. Everytime they started to do that, Aislinn came to channel with a *cough* or "ahem" or something like that. And she also warned them A FEW times.

Considering you're online most of the day and you're in channel 6, it's actually impossible for you NOT to know the thing.

I also said something about that after a few bans took place, but why am I not banned? Because there's difference between asking/commenting/warning about something and pushing it.

My2liras;

-Kaddy

HOW was I pushing it? I made a wordjoke on the situation. IMO theres no reason for me to be banned but still up to you.

I mean, I havent even broken the rules? Theres a diffirence between making a joke on a current situation and actually intending to harass some1 and joking about them personally...

Edited by CoLoR

If this was the first time that this guy actually said anything about the specific situation then all he was doing was making a pretty good joke (although less good if scarr said the actual reference first).

This has all been blown way out of proportion, and it's your own fault. I know that dealing with the kind of "harassment" that happens frequently at nurseries is very tricky but I think you may have gone about it slightly wrong.

And I think you are sticking up for your buddies. I also think you think mods by default are wrong.

Everybody has an opinion and a biased one at that.

You can attempt to minimize what happened ("harassment") all you want but it is what it is. Read rule 2 and a dictionary.

You are right about one thing though. I did go about it wrong. I should have done this ages ago. I let it go on much too long.

As to the collateral damage people, if they think it's cute to jump on every jerk's bandwagon that rolls along, then they deserve a time out. These would be the nursery school people, yes. The "ringleaders" knew exactly what they are doing.

And for the record, I'm still watching and waiting.

1) None of these people are my "buddies". Either do the proper research or do not make baseless claims.

2) My opinion is as objective as I am able to make it. I have no vested interest in this issue, except for the fact that by the looks of it someone who was not actually involved except for cracking a joke has been banned and received the same punishment as the people who actually did the "harassment". If you have evidence that he joined in multiple times in a fashion that was designed to harass and join in with the others deliberately then I have no problem with him being punished.

3) I'm not saying that the main people who were involved do not deserve to be punished. (I do question why the #ignore command wasn't suggested but anyway.) However I think that this could have been handled in a much more discreet manner. The fact that you (mods) decided to discuss the issue openly on ch6 surely encourages others to discuss, or make topical jokes. I simply cannot fathom how you did not suspect that this situation would arise going about this as you did.

3) I'm not saying that the main people who were involved do not deserve to be punished. (I do question why the #ignore command wasn't suggested but anyway.) ...

I think people still won't understand, that moderators can't put other jerks on #ignore, though it really is tempting sometimes

1) None of these people are my "buddies". Either do the proper research or do not make baseless claims.

My apologies. I did try, apparently you spend quality time with people who aren't your buddies. Regardless, glad to hear it.

2) My opinion is as objective as I am able to make it. I have no vested interest in this issue, except for the fact that by the looks of it someone who was not actually involved except for cracking a joke has been banned and received the same punishment as the people who actually did the "harassment". If you have evidence that he joined in multiple times in a fashion that was designed to harass and join in with the others deliberately then I have no problem with him being punished.

Several have already been unlocked after conversing. The other 2 you see here have a bit more of an attitude problem and a little time out might help them think about the folly of being a bandwagon hopping sheep.

3) I'm not saying that the main people who were involved do not deserve to be punished. (I do question why the #ignore command wasn't suggested but anyway.) However I think that this could have been handled in a much more discreet manner. The fact that you (mods) decided to discuss the issue openly on ch6 surely encourages others to discuss, or make topical jokes. I simply cannot fathom how you did not suspect that this situation would arise going about this as you did.

Discreet? It was handled as the situation warranted. Nothing about this situation was discreet. As to #ignore, mods don't do that. Kind of hard to moderate if we can't see what is going on. Also for a long time that WAS the intent, to be discreet. It was attempted to be handled in the background, obviously that failed. But that is the sort of thing nobody will see, by definition. So we come to the current situation. Not surprising really, given the players.

My apologies. I did try, apparently you spend quality time with people who aren't your buddies. Regardless, glad to hear it.

Meeow.

in my opinion given that mods have to deal with troublemakers daily they need a tough skin instead of letting everything get under your skin.

this is just based on my exp from channel 6: Sometimes mods let some minor things go like off-topic, or just some making fun of someone. hell sometimes i've even seen mods make fun of Headless.

but then Burn is always quick to warn/mute and/or boot, doesn't engage in conversation (in a peacekeeping position that requires dealing with people) and then writes a nasty blog post about players, how we all lie etc.

point is this could easily be avoided if said mod(s) could relax a bit, dont let things get too personal. people will see your weakness and exploit it.

just say hi back, that would've taken the fun out of it for people. if people know you are gonna ignore them and you dislike being talked to ofc they'll take a jab at you like that.

sooo just lighten up, if you don't like dealing with people just stop being a moderator. no need to piss people off because they interfere with your gameplay.

edit: from reading your blog you left another games mod team cause of trolls, why go back to dealing with trolls in another game?

edit 2: (from blog) "So if a troll tells you they got banned for "saying hi to me" or other such stupidity, know the higher powers of the game have never banned for such a nonsensical reason."

for example St_arcane said it 4-5 times during 2 weekends, and hasnt had any contact with burn whatsoever and got banned.

2nd, i said it once to see what the fuss was about and got muted together with 2 others just like that, no warning or anything.

so you can stop your nonsense, trying to find excuses to justify it.

Edited by Infamous