Ateh

The EL _ Impics

The EL Impics

God Games

For the playful amongst you to raise the spirits of the Gods

To appease thier helpful or perhaps , decietful nature

To Hold a Games, dedicated to the EL Gods

This will please them !!

The C2 Find and Keep Marathon -- In Celebration of Aluwen she would adorn her subjects with golden crowns

The TD Sprint - In Respect of Mortos he wouldfind humor in accepting your soul into the underworld naked, after attempting a sprint through the desert of certain doom from one entrance to the other. Any who make it through would be greatly rewarded. ( this would be subject to a shut down of TD and control of map so all people only att the runner )

and so on

*depending on acceptance id be into designing some custom banners to go around arenas if they could be put up perhaps they could be changed later maybe even you could have that as part of the games letting people submit God banners *

Horse Racing - To bring Unolas closer to the Unicorn's Magic the master of Horses can take thier steed across bridge and marsh in Jungles where the wild is magical

Edited by Ateh

What about a tele hopping 'hurdles' game? might be fun in the right map. maybe one of the mazes somewhere.

nah its ok Nova nevermind

obviously suggestions about community events are so far from what people are used to that its almost not worth posting

*edit*

i think with all the '' power levelling'' that's been going on, people have forgotten to put thier tools down once in awhile and go enjoy hanging out with the people of the game

instead of looking at everyone as either :

Player A: I sell him things

Player B : I buy from his bot

Player C =Z are in the way of your power levelling

Edited by Ateh

I think it's a great idea, Ateh :)

Pity there is like no chance for it. For the very reasons you mentioned :P

We've run into this problem both with guild-sponsored events and mod-run events. Nobody wants to be bothered unless the reward is massive enough to overlook the amount of experience they are "losing" from not training or doing the daily or invance.

It didn't always used to be that way, and I know there are guilds and mods who would love to run events again. But the majority of players are not interested in "just fun" anymore.

So I don't think there would be any more interest in automated server run events either. And that is a shame.

lol yeah last Penguin Day I had someone PM me asking if any of the prizes were worth his time. There were more than 100 prizes given away that day, apparently they all should have been great swords and dragon armor since enriched essys, greater medallions, rostos, stones, and big ass bunches of steel bars suck so bad. There probably won't be a Penguin Day next year.

This topic got me thinking of what it was that helped get me hooked and keep me engaged in EL; seems now I mostly afk harv and chat. And, yes, I know this reply is a bit off-topic.

When I was very n00bish, I remember Annatira having 'find me' contests for people with no level over 30 or so. Those were very fun andl a pair of augs was an awesome prize. I'm still kinda proud of the blue cavalier hat I won. I also really liked capped invasions when I finally got brave enough to go. I know they are a lot of work and people like to cheat, but now it doesn't take long before the invasion mobs are out of my league, but then I'm a wimpy fighter.

I didn't do any of the contests for penquin day because it was at a time I couldn't. I would've been happy with any of the prizes. Personally, I'd be very happy with, say, 5K sapphires or leather or red quartz (hint, hint); I'll do the mixing myself. I think many mixers would be happy with raw ings because we need them for the skills we want to 'power level'. I'd leave harving sapps in PL to find somebody who was going to simply give me 5K of them.

I think because contests seem so far and few between and lots people can't do it on that specific day at that specific time, they just don't participate. So maybe several little contests rather than a few big ones would get us into the habit of doing contests when they spontaneously arise. How many people remember frantically PMing a mod 'twinkle, twinkle little star' or some such nonsense in the hopes of being the 53rd person to do so just to win a.......I don't know what - never won a prize doing that.

Oh, and the contest a while back where you had to trade bots to get letters to find a hint to an EL location in Ida while an invasion was underway was amazing fun, fun, fun. I don't even recall what the prize was, some guildies and I just did it for the challenge.

I agree with EvanMarie about contests. I remember things like, 4th person to pm me my favorite emoticon wins 1 k fruit. Or hide and seek where the prize was a serp stone. Don't see too many contests like this recently, and tbh it is us as players' fault for being so power leveling driven.

I'll donate some prizes to some smaller contests, if anyone is interested in running them send me a pm.

I do want to say the *ka* naked contest was a really fun pk event :P.

Edited by Rabbitman

On the chance to digress further, I think these are good points:

This topic got me thinking of what it was that helped get me hooked and keep me engaged in EL; seems now I mostly afk harv and chat. And, yes, I know this reply is a bit off-topic.

(...)

Personally, I'd be very happy with, say, 5K sapphires or leather or red quartz (hint, hint); I'll do the mixing myself. I think many mixers would be happy with raw ings because we need them for the skills we want to 'power level'. I'd leave harving sapps in PL to find somebody who was going to simply give me 5K of them.

Yes, indeed. That's IMHO a "good enough" reward for any contest. Or maybe 1k FE ings. Or a small novice player magic set (10 dis, 5 evtr, 5 votd, 5 narlik, 2 star medallion) maybe. Or a fortune teller set with 5 astro indicators of each type. There's many possibilities for nice, useful but not ueber-expensive prices which come especially useful to novice players.

I think because contests seem so far and few between and lots people can't do it on that specific day at that specific time, they just don't participate. So maybe several little contests rather than a few big ones would get us into the habit of doing contests when they spontaneously arise.

I fully agree. It's not always easy to be online on a specific time or date, provided you have a RL and a day job, too. I have cheerish memories of LLL's last annual(?) event day with some seeks, tag games etc.

I'll donate some prizes to some smaller contests, if anyone is interested in running them send me a pm.

I think EvanMarie has a good point: just make a small contest out of it. No "big" contest. Just run it when you have time. Maybe you know in advance that you'll be on the next weekend; thus post a message here and make an arrangement with the mod team to get a global announcement then (how does it work anyway?)

I do want to say the *ka* naked contest was a really fun pk event :P.

Sadly I missed that. But I suppose it was great fun.

theres a storage full of things on aTeh , if one of the mods wants to log into it you can empty the storage into a prize fund if you want

for future use