Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Viperwitch

Invance Initiator

If 5 people are enough for an invance, will there be enough people left over to go with the rest of the people from the bracket after they decide to start with a measly 5 people? In my opinion, it takes some very exceptional fighters/summoners to allow a 5 person team to finish an invance. I am in favor of an 8 person group being required to start the invance if we have it done by npc. Of course, I would not doubt it if mob hogs decide to start hiring "enters" to get to go sooner.

Sometimes, people ask for invance without being sure of having a team because they are willing to bet that enough people will show up after the announcement.

As for tracking when an invance was done, I am sure the mods have some special mods only section of the forum to track/plan/discuss mod stuff in. If they did not have one for the last 7+ years, that would have to be marked up as one of the biggest oversights ever.

Scaling invasion mob count based on the abilities and number of people entering? Well, I think that would make alot of sense and dungeon masters of other games have done that since about the birth of roleplaying games. Numerous posts have suggesting implemented waves which may be triggered based on killing X mobs or a certain mob too.

If 5 people are enough for an invance, will there be enough people left over to go with the rest of the people from the bracket after they decide to start with a measly 5 people? In my opinion, it takes some very exceptional fighters/summoners to allow a 5 person team to finish an invance. I am in favor of an 8 person group being required to start the invance if we have it done by npc. Of course, I would not doubt it if mob hogs decide to start hiring "enters" to get to go sooner.

And then we get the issue in instances - where you lack the required number of people to enter. This would not solve the current problem. It in fact would create the problem where you no longer have the option of attempting a lower number invance, which are occasionally the only ones that happen at a reasonable time for me. Removing this option would be unfair.

And in terms of 5 people invances - just need 5 capable fighters, usually midranged and if they work well in a team, and do a couple restocks, you can easily 5 man a 4060 or 6080. I think we've done 6 man 80100s. Exceptional fighters/summoners is not what is usually in those teams. It usually 1-2 Top Caps (at most), 2-3 midranged, and maybe a lower level person in augies ranging the damn things.

The rule of thumb in the invances from my experiance - wait for 5 people who definetely can go before asking. that way, if noone else shows, you still stand a chance to win, but if more show up, it's a bonus.

Im in favour of 6-15 men groups, but have done 4060/6080 groups with 4/5 people. Our team, iirc, was Longpig, in augs and chain, me in RD and without my mirror, Atomos in steel (iirc) and Max_calea in iron plate mail. So we had 2 good fighters, me in good armour and long shooting from the gate. And we finished with buckets of time because we communicate, which is all you need to win an invance, along with some HEs and SRs.

And im undercap, and i can kill everything in 6080 and some of the 80100 mobs. And I'm by no way a great fighter. Practicably everybody i know who i originally did invances with me in about twice as good.

You also contradict yourself. increase required, but have a scaled invance. One forces people to go in bigger groups, which afaik, happens in higher ranges (if im wrong, hey, im 4060. I wont be accurate) and kills 4060/6080. Scaled invasions will be godsend for those wanting to quickly run through invance with small team. Oppisites.

As for asking without teams... most of the ones i partook in or organised, i demanded 6 people to be willing. And iirc, i only remember a few being announced with less than 5 who said they could go, mostly due to one guy being offchannel, asking when he fancied, and never went. Admittedly low number invances occur due to time between asking and them occuring, but you always have to allow for the mods RL's. They're already pretty generous with the ammount they give, unless the range is being nuisance. (im not just reffering to the invance block blanket that was put on 120s, we got ignored for several times for being inorganised and spamming).