Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Viperwitch

Invance Initiator

and neither is having 1-2 other mods be able to do it.

maybe even have an npc initiate it, someone goes there once every 12(whatever the cooldown is) and initiate it.

Pro's: saves mod time, and people can do it whenever they want if they have the people.

Cons: someone could initiate it for their range without having people, sabotaging the invance for at least those 12 hours (or w/e the cd is)

either way any suggestion isn't the end of the world, so why so defensive?

you can encode it same way as instance is. So, 1-man-army cannot start it for his/her pleasure. But thiswas already sudgested so I won't go on.

I apologise if I said something Inappropriate just we had a convo going on tonight about invances how 120-200 always go at last once aday so it prompted me to sudgest if more mods could be able to start 1. I searched forums and it wasn't said before.

Thank for reading

1. The 100-120 range spends more time waffling on the decision of whether to go or not than they do anything else ingame. That is a huge part of the problem.

2. You can't compare all the ranges to each other. You all barely have enough to go once, let alone put some of you on cooldown without the others. The 120 range is HUGE and need multiple groups or else their invance ends in 10 minutes.

3. I would rather see them more random and sparse, than have multiple mods run them in an unorganized clusterbleep. Too many cooks in the kitchen make a mess.

4. This whole issue has been discussed to death in multiple threads.

and neither is having 1-2 other mods be able to do it.

maybe even have an npc initiate it, someone goes there once every 12(whatever the cooldown is) and initiate it.

Pro's: saves mod time, and people can do it whenever they want if they have the people.

Cons: someone could initiate it for their range without having people, sabotaging the invance for at least those 12 hours (or w/e the cd is)

Exellent point here.

However you can impose restrictions withoit which NPC won't initiate it.

For example:

1 man army asks for invance and it told ''Sorry you do not have enought people''

Or

He/She can start it and only wreck his own cool down

Make an option with npc ''Start Invance''

Then npc asks 'do you have enought people to run an invance?''

You click Yes and people arechecked in front of him if not enought like 10 minimum for example he says ''Sorry you do not have enought people to run an invance''

So to initiate 1 minimum team must be on floor in front on npc.

Limit this to let's say 2 invances of same type per 24h period to make sure no abuse is done.

Any way I havesaid all here is to say on the matter.

Can't blame a person for asking :goofy:

Sometimes when I wait for invance during evening I see 120-200 and after 2-4h I go :bangwall:

But it doesn't matter

Enjoy your evening everyone

2. You can't compare all the ranges to each other. You all barely have enough to go once, let alone put some of you on cooldown without the others. The 120 range is HUGE and need multiple groups or else their invance ends in 10 minutes.

Allthough I am not in that range (yet), I think it would be great if that range was split up in 120-140 and 140+. This way those invances will be a challenge instead of a 20 min walk over.

100-120 die the most too (so i've heard)

Allthough I am not in that range (yet), I think it would be great if that range was split up in 120-140 and 140+. This way those invances will be a challenge instead of a 20 min walk over.

140+ would still walkover whatever is there.

120-140 is a bad idea imho, they would rarely get 1. unless you had 120-200 AND a 120-140 (so the player has the option, either/or), for people with low attributes etc and cant kill stuff like giants at 120s.

100-120 went 2x the other night :-). Two different groups not on cd. I don't like the idea of hard coding cd to start one into an npc because of that. I'm sure 120+ feels the same. About 120-140, I think that would be awesome ^^.

snip

Going to go out on a limb here and say that if there were, say, 5 mods who could all start invances then there would be the problem of people asking one for an invance, getting a no answer, then going on down the line asking everyone till they get a yes answer. This already used to happen between Aisy and radu before radu stopped running so many and let Aisy keep track of them.

It's obviously not the end of the world, but I bet it is something that the mod team would like to avoid.

This is a redundant topic, the invance system work perfrectly already.

Those ranges with a team online and no answer would disagree. That's why I started it. If 120-200 don'tget theirs for some reason they be go bonkers ( english expresion )

But if lower range going bonkers no problem

I said every thing I had to say.

I said every thing I had to say.

In other words, you wont make another post in this thread?

I know that there was enough people the other night and it didnt go, but thats not the only reason it doesnt go sometimes.

I'll go out on a limb and say that many times there is not enough people to go to the 100-120.

Viperwitch, I pm you a list of 100-120 players who do not play anymore at this time, for whatever reason, whether it be banned, left for new game, too busy irl, or something else. But there is easily over a dozen people who played everyday who dont now.. All 100-120 range players.

I was told one time after asking Aislinn for a 100-120 invance that the only reason it had not been run is that someone else had pmed saying we didn't have enough (we did have enough imo). I figure this probably happens a few times a week in our range.

Another issue you all are ignoring is there are 5 groups. Just because 100-120 pm's me saying they have enough people, doesn't mean it is your turn automatically. If another group asked before you, they get to go first. If an invasion is currently running, I won't run an invance.

Rabbitman summed up a common problem too. Lack of communication within a group. I get people pming me saying "60-80 ready" (or whatever range) and I run it. Then I get somebody else pming me saying "Why did you run that? We don't have a group". Or conflicting reports.

And as I have said multiple times, I vary how and why I run them to TRY to add a little spice and surprise and excitement to it. Just because you ask, doesn't mean you will get. And sometimes you will get one even if nobody asked. And this goes for ALL ranges, not just 100-120. Sometimes you get them on-demand, sometimes you don't. This is intentional.

I know we've discussed this ingame before. I don't see why this is so hard to understand.

snip

I know we've discussed this ingame before. I don't see why this is so hard to understand.

Because we want it noooooooooooooooooow!!!!!!!!! gimme gimme gimme and if you don't, you're mean and you hate our group and screw the other levels, we're not in those other levels so we dont' caaaaaaaaaaare! gimme! :hehe:

Rabbitman summed up a common problem too. Lack of communication within a group. I get people pming me saying "60-80 ready" (or whatever range) and I run it. Then I get somebody else pming me saying "Why did you run that? We don't have a group". Or conflicting reports.

And as I have said multiple times, I vary how and why I run them to TRY to add a little spice and surprise and excitement to it. Just because you ask, doesn't mean you will get. And sometimes you will get one even if nobody asked. And this goes for ALL ranges, not just 100-120. Sometimes you get them on-demand, sometimes you don't. This is intentional.

This is all the more reason to make it like the instance. It takes you and radu out of the equation completely.

You need 8-10 people sitting in battle hall. That initiates it, then sends the blue message through the game like usual to pick up any people who wanna go who dont sit in the invance channel. Restritions the same....12 hour cool down, cant run if another invance/invason is in progress. The way it stands right now...it really punishes the casual player...( the guy who doesnt sit on here waiting for 12 hours to get a response on the nvance) I myself work all week long, and miss the invances all week. So when Saturday and Sunday rolls around, and we have a team ready and get ignored both days...then hour or 2 later a different cap runs...a bit frustrating.

I understand you guys have your life, and wanna play etc, and your job isnt to sit around and start invances for us. But this solution allows everyone to win, we can start when we are fully ready no complaints cause theres at least 10 people sitting in the hall. And you can go about your EL lives, Dont have to give anyother mods the ability to start them, so theres no power struggle.

Pros = You guys dont get spammed with requests, We dont get delibritly ignored, No one gets upset that it was runwith out a proper team. More invances will run = more bricks for radu, And this topis can finally be put to rest.

Cons = Cant think of any...

You need 8-10 people sitting in battle hall.

....5 is enough for all invance I've done (4060, 6080, 80100).

And been wondering if there was any technical problems preventing you from having a separate invance map per range (sorry if this has been asked before).

Edited by Grort

I was discusing this with a friend, he suggested that invances should be set up to run every 10 hours/per group automaticly. That way they would rotate per time zone. In my case, I cannot go to an invance past 9am pst., after that real life takes over. That means that the 100-120 has to be the first one of the day or I'm out.

Just my 2cents, go ahead and shoot em down.

And been wondering if there was any technical problems preventing you from having a separate invance map per range (sorry if this has been asked before).

As far as I understand it, the separate maps isn't a problem, but the maximum number of mobs the server can host is. So, if both 120-200 and 40-60 were to run simultaneously, the server could crash.

My personal experience: both Radu and Aislinn triggered invances when we had a team and asked them and when we were the first to ask.

But, beyond theory and (first come, first served logic), the plain, 'real' truth reflects more than the following facts:

1. that we (100-120) suck at communication

2. that we have some drama queens and invasion divas in our range (who might have asked for inva when there wasn't actually a team)

3. that we have some problems gathering a team, as compared to 120+ or other ranges

4. that we don't have to have 1 inva/day

In particular, that due to the fact that we barely have 1-2 invances/week most people try to pass through this range as fast as they can to reach the Eldorado of Invances (120+) where they can have invances several times/day

In addition quite a few of 100-120s decided to go to the 120+ invances, as rangers or whatever just because they don't get one for our range (thus adding to the team construction problems).

I don't have a solution for this - except the fact that some ranges should be prioritized over others - thus changing the first come, first served logic.

Edit: Downsize the number of mobs in the lower invasions - so we can do it with fewer peeps and in a shorter time.

Edited by Mythos

As far as I understand it, the separate maps isn't a problem, but the maximum number of mobs the server can host is. So, if both 120-200 and 40-60 were to run simultaneously, the server could crash.

Thank you, was curious if it was something like that :)

My personal experience: both Radu and Aislinn triggered invances when we had a team and asked them and when we were the first to ask.

But, beyond theory and (first come, first served logic), the plain, 'real' truth reflects more than the following facts:

1. that we (100-120) suck at communication

2. that we have some drama queens and invasion divas in our range (who might have asked for inva when there wasn't actually a team)

3. that we have some problems gathering a team, as compared to 120+ or other ranges

4. that we don't have to have 1 inva/day

In particular, that due to the fact that we barely have 1-2 invances/week most people try to pass through this range as fast as they can to reach the Eldorado of Invances (120+) where they can have invances several times/day

In addition quite a few of 100-120s decided to go to the 120+ invances, as rangers or whatever just because they don't get one for our range (thus adding to the team construction problems).

I don't have a solution for this - except the fact that some ranges should be prioritized over others - thus changing the first come, first served logic.

Edit: Downsize the number of mobs in the lower invasions - so we can do it with fewer peeps and in a shorter time.

It's easy to get an organized team ready. Just have a couple people who can check the number, and judge wether the team has enough firepower to take it, depending on levels and such. Watching the @100120, that doesn't happen very often, although we somehow managed to keep 80100 organized even through the constant flamewar that 3 people had every day (you know who ;) )

Too be honest, if itsd obvious what restricts people from getting invances: Spamming Mod, Demanding, Being extremely unorganised and just being annoying in general. Easy way to enhance your chance of invancing is to avoid doing them, or attempt to. You also have mods who can run capped invasions. Also the blessing of having only couple mods able to launch these makes it more organised, and makes modding simpler for those who dont have to worry about which range has just gone, which havent, who has asked...

also: "But if lower range going bonkers no problem". I had a good laugh at that. I mean a proper good laugh.

Lower level invasions can be done with fewer people, when we have thse people. And its much more fun when we're all in leather/iron than the few in dragon sets.

Edited by JoeButler