Eternal Lands Official Forums
Elveron

Staff of the Harvester

Functions as pickaxe, gloves and saw (Did I forget any harvesting tools?).

As for what it replaces, it takes up 1 slot in sto instead of three, and I don't think the loss of these sales would kill EL economy yet.

Stats:

10-25 Damage

+4 Defense

-10 Accuracy

+2 Armor

-1 Critical To Hit

-2 Critical To Damage

Required Nexus to wear: Human 5

Stackable: No

Initially, should be shop only item perhaps, or instance drop. But later, this item can be purchased from (Tanta?) for 150,000 gold coins. It would need a VERY low chance of breakage at that price.

Alternatively, perhaps it could cost far less, say 100gc, have a regular chance of breakage, and remove all the combat stats. In that case, perhaps we have 'Harvester's Gloves'. They are leather gloves which have had metal sewn in to effectively act as a saw and pick? Then you just need a formula, like one leather gloves, one pick, one saw, 12 thread...

Perhaps this idea is too gonzo?

Maybe remove a bit of the attributes and add more of a harvester use. Excavator perk perhaps? Increase rare findings or maybe decrease normal/mini-events?

I would like to see it make you not stop for major events as well. Same break rate as harv med. Since it's a tool maybe decrease break chance if you have harv med on. Initial cost 10 per $5. After a while add as unique drop to 100-120 or 120+ instance. (60+ has cheap cutties, 80+ has dblade)

i'm not looking to make it too powerful, really. the main idea i want to get across is the combination of gloves, pick, saw in one tool. something a crazy half-dwarf, half-gnome would make.

Nice idea, but i would remove all the fighting stats - making it the same like a bone for example.

Instead of that, make it more durable - as for price, i'd say sum price for pickaxe + leather gloves + saw and multiply it with 10 (or how much durable it would be).

Something like:

Harvesters toolkit  - Toolkit for dedicated harvesters. Contains pickaxe, leather gloves and saw, is about 10 times more durable then common harvesting tools.
Deals 1-2 damage, accuracy -5, defense -5, critical hit -5, critical damage -5
Weight: 5 EMU

Price (as suggested above): (15 + 40 + 100) * 10 = 155 * 10 = 1550 gc

There might be a prerequisite to have the "dedicated harvester" perk to wear it.

Nice idea, but i would remove all the fighting stats - making it the same like a bone for example.

Instead of that, make it more durable - as for price, i'd say sum price for pickaxe + leather gloves + saw and multiply it with 10 (or how much durable it would be).

Something like:

Harvesters toolkit  - Toolkit for dedicated harvesters. Contains pickaxe, leather gloves and saw, is about 10 times more durable then common harvesting tools.
Deals 1-2 damage, accuracy -5, defense -5, critical hit -5, critical damage -5
Weight: 5 EMU

There might be a prerequisite to have the "dedicated harvester" perk to wear it.

First off (15 + 40 + 100) * 10 = 1550 * 10 = 15500

Secondly;

Why are you all giving it -accuracy?

I'm sorry but If i'm a tank i'd use that to train with rather than FA, and just wear NMT.

Give it +accuracy -defence -crit to DAMAGE but +crit to hit

People would use the staff (if it was like 1.5k) as an alternate means to FA if you're hitting something too much... you see? >.<

Oh really ?

#calc (15 + 40 + 100) * 10

[10:41:33]  (15 + 40 + 100) * 10 = 1550

Secondly;

I'm sorry but If i'm a tank i'd use that to train with rather than FA, and just wear NMT.

People would use the staff (if it was like 1.5k) as an alternate means to FA if you're hitting something too much... you see? >.<

Ok, i'm not a fighter, thx for getting corrected :)

Oh really ?

#calc (15 + 40 + 100) * 10

[10:41:33]  (15 + 40 + 100) * 10 = 1550

Secondly;

Ok, i'm not a fighter, thx for getting corrected :)

Read your first post.

That's incorrect because (15+40+100)*10 = 1550 * 10 = 15500

For it to be correct it should be (15+40+100) = 155 * 10 = 1550.

>.>

Edited by _iNvoKeD

Read your first post.

That's incorrect because (15+40+100)*10 = 1550 * 10 = 15500

For it to be correct it should be (15+40+100 = 155 * 10 = 1550.

>.>

Don't want to be a wise ass, but since you're so insistent on "correctness", I vote for groomsh's math to be correct:

Look up definition of equality ("=") in any math book.

What you were meaning to say, _iNvoKeD, was probably that (15+40+100)*10 = 1550

AND also that 1550 * 10 = 15500.

That is both true - but not was goomsh was trying to express, in mathematically correct terms (and in one line), which is:

(15+40+100) = 155

and 155 * 10 = 1550. (the factor 10 has to be included in the first two parts of groomsh's formula _because_ of the "="-sign).

The formula in once piece being:

(15+40+100)*10 = 1550 like can be read in his description of the logic behind it: "sum price for pickaxe + leather gloves + saw and multiply it with 10 (or how much durable it would be)".

... ok, well, methinks I was being a wise-ass... sorry :whistle:

Edited by Gwaew

I don't see why you had to make this about Math, my main point was, that you gotta be careful what stats you give it; as it will be used by people in a way it wasnt 'meant' for.

But sure, in an equation; (15+40+100) * 10 = 155 * 10 = 1550 is correct.

But doing a sum, he is incorrect... which is what #calc does. :\

I don't see why you had to make this about Math, my main point was, that you gotta be careful what stats you give it; as it will be used by people in a way it wasnt 'meant' for.

All i wanted to say is that i like the idea, but it should not have any fighter stats.

Also as i said, i'm not a fighter or a/d trainer so thx for correcting me on the "anti-fighter" stats :)

but what the hell is the purpose of this item? i'm missing the point i think

what about a Enhanced Pickaxe that increases rare stone findings?

>make pickaxes manufactable

>create rare modable pickaxe

>turn modable pickaxe into enhanced pickaxe

sorry to hijack your topic, but cba to make a new one

Edited by scarr

i'm not looking to make it too powerful, really. the main idea i want to get across is the combination of gloves, pick, saw in one tool. something a crazy half-dwarf, half-gnome would make.

Swiss army tool.

but what the hell is the purpose of this item? i'm missing the point i think

what about a Enhanced Pickaxe that increases rare stone findings?

>make pickaxes manufactable

>create rare modable pickaxe

>turn modable pickaxe into enhanced pickaxe

sorry to hijack your topic, but cba to make a new one

http://www.eternal-lands.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=49839&hl=%2Bmagic+%2Bpickaxe

There you go ;)

I think the magic pick ideas are cool.

As for misappropriation of my idea for tank training weapon, I see now. It must be very fragile in combat, like as if it were held together with duct tape and baling wire, bits of string and chewed gum. But of normal durability for harvesting, and un-statted otherwise. How does that sound? Make it unstable like a fire arrow. in combat.