Eternal Lands Official Forums
Ghrae

Global Quests - How to include a wider base of participants

It should be easy items that require group work.

You can attract a wider range of participants by making the quest need items that accumulate in people's storage like fur hats, skunk hats, etc..

I like this idea, finally a use for the hats in people's storages AND an item that newer players can make for some nice xp, both from fighting to get the drops as well as making the items. :icon13:

It should be easy items that require group work.

You can attract a wider range of participants by making the quest need items that accumulate in people's storage like fur hats, skunk hats, etc..

I like this idea, finally a use for the hats in people's storages AND an item that newer players can make for some nice xp, both from fighting to get the drops as well as making the items. :icon13:

And given that making those hats would mean hunting down animals, it would take a little bit of work, but still very doable by a community (players could spread out over multiple maps killing animals).

When I was with Kaddy, I used to donate my oranges and sometimes I bought and donated as a strong and rich fighter. I did that for the community because some people had fun with it. But after a while, I stopped doing because it gives me nothing back at all. I donate 20 oranges and get what? A SUPERMASSIVE UBER LESS MINI EVENTS.

And then we became "greedy instance farmers" lol. Nice point. Like we get thousands of gc per instance. Let alone getting a lot of gc, if you lag for a second and lose rosto, it's a total lose.

My2liras,

-Kaddy.

Make oranges drop from harvest events aswel, price will decrease for an orange, and people donate them more

win win

+1

Did some fast reading . . could also add more and better awards . . like;

"For next xxx Hours all skills gain +10-30% exp."

"For next xxx Hours 5-10% increased chance to make rare items"

"For next xxx Hours harvesting is 20% faster"

etc . . so on and so on :P

In other words . . the MORE/Better awards the more people willing to help.

First off, Orange price is just like any other price.. based on supply/demand and what people are willing to pay, just like dragon plates etc but nobody complains or lowers those either.

i like the first post idea though, maybe fighters can help out with getting "points" based on hp, they do 35 dmg, 35 points extra for global quest. or maybe have an option available where 1/3 1/2 or whatever of your drops go to the global quest

Edited by Infamous

Stop the insults and namecalling. You know who you are. Adding "something of substance" after isn't going to force me to keep your posts around or let you keep your posting rights. I'll give you (plural) the opportunity to fix your posts yourselves.

I like the fact at the moment we have some ingredients which we know about in advance, that means I can harvest in advance & mule my contribution in a spare half hour. Having to be somewhere for hours on end at a very specific time didn't suit me (& I suspect quite a few other people). I do notice that the harvesting now gets done very quickly every time the global comes up.

Something involving combat skills would be a really good idea, again though I feel it would be better if what was required was known in advance (I assume it would involve hours of work for a number of players). Also possible as an alternative to making fur stuff would be to gather animal parts to make basic potions eg wildness, will, reasoning.

I think to be more inclusive the rescources to be harvested should be sited somewhere accessible to everyone on C1 & be possible for new players to gather (same thing for combat idea). I also think the NPC should be changed to another in a more accessible location, TG isn't the easiest place for new players to reach.

It's not fair for people to point the finger at other folk and say they're being greedy or not doing enough. I don't think we should expect folk to part with a load of high price items every couple of weeks (though some do make regular donations). Other folk don't want to take part (probably no matter what changes are made) and it shouldn't be an issue for those of us who choose to.

Did some fast reading . . could also add more and better awards . . like;

"For next xxx Hours all skills gain +10-30% exp."

"For next xxx Hours 5-10% increased chance to make rare items"

"For next xxx Hours harvesting is 20% faster"

etc . . so on and so on :P

In other words . . the MORE/Better awards the more people willing to help.

this idea ^^ you could have a multitude of rewards based on the same system, great point

Stop the insults and namecalling. You know who you are. Adding "something of substance" after isn't going to force me to keep your posts around or let you keep your posting rights. I'll give you (plural) the opportunity to fix your posts yourselves.

just wondering here, does that count for the mod who tried starting a flamewar too?

An other way to make people help would to have a new achievement in game: this person helped on XX global quests. That could be very simple:

1 orange = x points

1 gypsum = x points

And xx points = 1 x help

I like this idea. It could also be expanded so to other fields/community efforts/etc. Invances, killing MBs/Castys/etc to help encourage people to do so.

in my opinion a good global system would have a wider range of rewards that suit harvesters, mixers and fighters alike.

then with that instead of donating certain stuff have an option in the option window that turns on/off drop/harvest sharing. for example option on 50% of your drops go directly to the global quest (not including rare drops) and with harvestables while wearing exc cloak that extra 1 gather goes directly to npc aswell, maybe with mixing every other item created goes to npc?

nobody has to go out of their way to donate, from an RP perspective it would make sense, npc needs money to support the project, harvestable resources needed for different sorts of potions/items etc.

i dont farm instances yet, or go out of my way to harvest gypsum or w/e to help with the global for the current amount of rewards, not really worth it. don't even know where the npc is :x

just my thoughts on how to get more people involved and better rewards. though it might be hard to code(?)

I support the suggestions above that encourage all types of players to participate in collecting items for the Global Quest. This includes new players, old players, harvesters, PKers, fighters, mixers.

*any one player can only contribute 10% (or whatever amount) of the total needed.

*one or more requirements for the Global involve advanced a/d skills. i.e. need 100 yetis.

*one or more requirements involve low fighting skills. (vast amounts of rat tails)

*remove the contentious oranges from the Global (?)

*add Global Rewards that would benefit each type of player (fighter, harvester, mixer, etc.)