Eternal Lands Official Forums
jns

PATCH: new command (walkto)

Hello,

A while back I wrote a patch for a #walkto command.

Syntax: #walkto x,y

Given that many quests (such as the harvest dailies) require you to walk to specific coordinates, and finding exact coordinates on the map using the mouse can be a bit time consuming for keyboard addicts, I figured that this could be useful.

It was posted on berlios a while back, but since development has moved to git, pjbroad suggested i post it here so Radu/Roja can approve or disapprove :)

http://developer.berlios.de/patch/download.php?id=3277

It still patches fine against the latest git.

Most likely will not be approved, as it makes things too easy to macro.

I was afraid of that too at first, but on the other hand, when I thought about it,.. I don't really see how keyboard input makes macroing any easier for people than macroing by auto-clicking the map...

Autoclick based macroing is harder to setup up, especially for very fine locations.

... does that mean "no, disapproved." ?

I do fancy that command as well: Think of "emergency calls" of defenders of Iscalrith where they'd post their location on the invance chanel - the command could make a rescue mission :medieval: so much more efficient (as opposed to searching for the coordinates with the mouse on the map) and thus might save his or her life :D . Of course that might also mean a very minor decrease in castle building speed on radu's side... :lipssealed: .

...but it would truly foster the team play in invances :icon13: !

If it was not exact meaning goto 100,200 may take you to 105,195 would that help?

Combine your user menu and a certain command that is already in game and you get something very similar to this...

Something that would have a far greater chance of approval would be a #navigate x,y command where it would show you arrow pointing the way (like a GPS navigation system) until you got to where you needed to be. Of course, you would be the one clicking.