Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
BruSu

modable steel two edged swords

hi,

shouldn't a special item be anything to be happy with?

Wouldn't it be nice if a modable 2eS could be used as a "joker" which replaces any sword you need to harv?

What do you think?

As has been suggested MANY times before on these forums, I'd rather see the Enchanted Swords have a real and serious benefit for their owners. To make them tradeable for harvesting items just cheapens them further IMHO. Either make them worth the cost of their ingredients or make them luxury items like the rose bouquets. *Waits for the howls of protest from the Thermal Serp Owners.*

They aren't used much because no one bothers with any enchanted sword other than the thermal serpent which makes manuers unhappy. Brusu's suggestion adds use for them. But I don't see people wasting a modable sword to harvest hydro,

Edited by hussam

@ferngale, Hussam: just a correction, OP was talking about modable swords, not enchanted swords

(the difference is 1 binding stone + 4 serp stones + 1 or 2 enriched essences...). And yes, I might use the

modable ones to harvest hydro...

But Modable Steel Two Edged Swords are sold by bots for more than regular ones so they should be a special item people are happy about, right! :whistle:

Unfortunately there is an arms race in this game with enchanted swords (made using Modable ones created at random) costing more to make than great swords but are not as effective. Enchanted weapons are so unvalued they are used by bots as decoration pieces.

I was not here when great swords were introduced and I have no idea how many are sold by shop now but the key appears to be making them more effective in certain circumstances. Introduction of monsters similar to Phantom Warriors (with reasonable amount of experience please!) which take little or no damage from unenchanted weapons would help give a reason for they to exist other than as bot decoration.

All valid points. . cause atm the way I see it, most people get upset when they create these, as they become one less hydro ore (as they are created mostly for harvesting hydro).

Best idea tho is to make them usable for fighting and/or harvesting :icon13:

If they are supposed to be "specials" perhaps they could be used to still harvest Hydro (or Dvarium or tin or ...) with chance that sword will not go away when harvesting.

If they are supposed to be "specials" perhaps they could be used to still harvest Hydro (or Dvarium or tin or ...) with chance that sword will not go away when harvesting.

Agree, maybe harvest more than one ore, perhaps 5-10?

+1

+2

+2

It appears we have something liked by users hence will never, ever be implemented. Personally I think 10 is too much however since I think there are probably hundreds stuck in storage somewhere.

+2

It appears we have something liked by users hence will never, ever be implemented. Personally I think 10 is too much however since I think there are probably hundreds stuck in storage somewhere.

That's a good idea for the economy though.

If there are 100s, the need is less, the cheaper hydro becomes, the cheaper bars become, the cheaper EVERYTHING to do with hydro becomes.

Sure "PP buyers" get cheaper PPs, and you get less profit, but the outcome is the same, coz after a while, when hydro is like 10k/bar or less again, is when the modable S2E resources have been depleted and it becomes a rarity, slowly bumping the price up again.

OR Even an NPC that lets you trade Modable S2Es for hydro ore, but has a 1/20 chance to keep the sword to try again.

Nice idea though.

If there are 100s, the need is less, the cheaper hydro becomes, the cheaper bars become, the cheaper EVERYTHING to do with hydro becomes.

Seriously doubt that the hydro price would drop anything... the greed always increase and the prices never go down

Would love a reason to use modable s2e's.

At the very least, can whomever lowered the chances of finding rare stones and making rare essences have mercy and also lower the chances of getting s2e modables? Without knowing the real chances, there are currently 2 ways to lose your ings while making s2e's: crit fail *and* the very sparkly worthless modable. :(

Reducing the break rate of enchanted swords would make them better, I had a S2E of magic tthat broke the same day...

Also some people have talking about elementals which could only be damaged with oppossing element ie ice elemental can only be damaged with fire enchanted sword, this would give use for such weapon, is shame for potentailly powerful weapons to be bot decoration only

I guess that harvesting hydro could be a use for modable S2E.....but not any other modable sword. I say fix the problem and not generate more BS in the game. Make the recipes for enchanted blades (like s2e of thermal or s2e of fire or ti short of ice) make more than one blade, perhaps 2-3 for ti shorts and 5-10 for s2e and....something else than 1 for iron broadswords or iron long swords. While we are at it, give some monsters vulnerabilities to heat/cold/magic depending on their natural climate. As many of you already know, modable swords are not worth much due to the recipes being outdated. There are not even any quests that use them. Quest additions might be nice too.

Reducing the break rate of enchanted swords would make them better, I had a S2E of magic tthat broke the same day...

Also some people have talking about elementals which could only be damaged with oppossing element ie ice elemental can only be damaged with fire enchanted sword, this would give use for such weapon, is shame for potentailly powerful weapons to be bot decoration only

Going with the theme of other aspects of the game, maybe add a break quest for enchanted swords after obtaining the never going to miss you perk. Possible result be +2 of each special damage added to to permanently. Only the mixable ones please (up to tit shorts).

What if a modable sword was just an enhanced version of the normal sword. Say the same attributes as the enhanced version, but only half the added damage bonus (and able to be equipped). That would make it better than the normal version (since it's rare), but not as good as the magic/fire/ice/therm versions (which requires more work/cost to mix).

So if a s2e is: +10-14 damage, +1 def, +2 acc, +1 CtH and +2 CtD,

A modable s2e might be: +10-14 damage, +1 def, +3 acc, +1 CtH and +2 CtD, +3 regular damage

An enhanced s2e is: +10-14 damage, +1 def, +3 acc, +1 CtH and +2 CtD, +6 special damage based on the type.

[Numbers taken from viewing swords in inventory]

It seems silly that you can make these things, but you can't actually use them.