Eternal Lands Official Forums
Tico

android client?

yes, thinking on it. I hope to get the el 2 client working for android, but first I need to finish it. Than I can check it's compatibility for OpenGL ES 2.0 (should be no problem) and than I can look at the android specific parts.

Edited by Xaphier

http://www.kickstart...eo-game-console

So looks like this console will be a reality now was funded in one day lol. I really think we should look at an android version of EL or a mini game of some sort that could go on this market that is EL related would love it. :)

Even beeing a nice console idea and philosophy

My initial sugestion was meant to enable EL playing on mobile devices such as Tablets or smart phones, to get stuck in front of a console i already have my home PC.

Also, i dont think joystick based consoles will not be able to address all EL features. that will be more likely enabled trought touchscreen devices (in substitution to a mouse) and virtualized keyboard for chatting and quick commands.

Even beeing a nice console idea and philosophy

My initial sugestion was meant to enable EL playing on mobile devices such as Tablets or smart phones, to get stuck in front of a console i already have my home PC.

Also, i dont think joystick based consoles will not be able to address all EL features. that will be more likely enabled trought touchscreen devices (in substitution to a mouse) and virtualized keyboard for chatting and quick commands.

I don't disagree that we shouldn't strive to have el on mobile devices, i'm for that i have devices i would love el on, this would be a continuation of that idea. Yes a computer is optimal for EL, yes a tablet has touch pad input...did you notice that the Ouya also has that? It also has the ability to connect to not just a controller but other input devices. I'm not saying that we have to but if you are going to expand into a new market such as an android based system why not take advantage of all possible outlets: tablets, phones, and console? If your going to take the time to port and test a game engine on a OS what is a few more days to code in some options for possible use on a console vs mobile device?

You and i, in fact all current players of EL are on computers that's how we think about the game. But as soon as you put it on a mobile device market you have a different player base that has accessed and experiences the game in a different way then we did for the first time. Who's to say that others can't also enjoy it on a console based platform.If you look at some of the big names in gaming atm like Bungie they are looking for ways to incorporate their next big hit not just on one platform like a console but through all forms of media devices accessed by their player base: phones tablets computers consoles. We might not be big enough to ever think about things like Xbox or playstation, but something like the Ouya lines up with the independent spirit of this game.

So yes you already have a PC but the next generation of gamer in EL might access it in a different way....if we are willing to let them.

Radu! Please don’t underestimate the power of mobile devices! Don’t be like Bill Gates, if you stay behind it will be much harder to catch up.

Multiplatform of EL is a great advantage and with all the fans I am sure EL can be most popular “mobile MMORPG” game!

I am no coder, so can’t help in person, but I will root to all the developers! :icon13:

I am sure it will not be most popular mobile mmorpg

I am sure You have lack of faith my friend. The market of MMORPGs for smart phones is rather young. I AM SURE that among all Anime/WoW/sweety/pink crap (no offence to folks that like such games) EL can shine!

Most important (biggest problem of current MMORPGs) is to have user friendly interface and controls. I am counting on you all and hope this idea will have big BOSS approval.

Ok, you are wrong

Edit: a quick Google shows that pocket legends has had millions of installs, and the app has been rated by almost 70,000 users. Much smaller than EL I guess...

Edited by evilmangopie

Big BOSS approval does make the app appear out of nowhere. Someone still has to port the engine as Xaphier said AND a new UI is required that supports touch input.