Eternal Lands Official Forums
move_buster

Creatures that dont use melee

I think it would be cool to have some kind of agro creatures in the game that use ranging or magic to kill you instead of the generic melee.

This would throw a whole new aspec into the game when it comes to invance/instances and just general training.

What do you all think?

Hi,

Yes, it was suggested more than once and IMHO that is good idea.

It will also force players that don’t PK to buy/use better armors (magic resistance) or point defense.

+1

A creature that uses magic to kill me? a huge no from me.

But I like the idea of a creature that can use ranging to kill me. It will create a market for defence points.

Edited by hussam

Hi,

Yes, it was suggested more than once and IMHO that is good idea.

It will also force players that don’t PK to buy/use better armors (magic resistance) or point defense.

+1

Forcing players who may not have Human Nexus to buy "better" armor is not a good idea. Forcing would mean sticking them where players need to go for quests, harvesting, etc. If new creatures are added they should be put in relatively unused areas like which was done with Frost Trolls.

Edited by saxum

Why would the new creature have to attack everyone on sight? Such creatures could have ignore levels or respect monster magnetism like the melée creatures/monsters (or alternatively, be invasion/instance only).

sounds like a good idea, but if you want to kill it as a fighter you'd have to run up to it like usual and attack in melee.

idk about client or programming stuff, but can the client handle a mob switching from range to melee when attacked by a fighter? is it possible for radu or other programmers in EL to code it?

Be careful what you ask for... or Radu is just likely to introduce monkeys to the game. And those monkeys will be ranging you... with dung. And how would you like the #jc 6 announcement to read "Infamous died to caca"

Be careful what you ask for... or Radu is just likely to introduce monkeys to the game. And those monkeys will be ranging you... with dung. And how would you like the #jc 6 announcement to read "Infamous died to caca"

Monkeys huh? :omg:

I think I saw some shit like that in “Two worlds” RPG. However they were throwing rocks, not dung. One way or another it looked really stupid (the reason why I didn’t buy the game).

I would love to see mobs with playable character looks. A ranger in the hood or wizard in hat and robes. :icon13:

The server would need to add ranging and magic stats for critters, but I think this adjustment would be a good thing. The current client might not be able to handle the stuff, but it could be added to the next one. If the monsters have the same abilities as the players to equip weapons and armor and such, it will be alot less boring. It would require adding some joints to those critters which will be work for Roja, but I am sure she could handle it.