Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
OlenTheRed

The Death of a Ranger

Hi, I am Olen I put around 20,000 creatures to rest with my bow and arrow (April) in a little over a weeks time. Sadly I am hanging up my bow because even with my skills I cannot match those that go afk (bot) and shoot with range-lock in the arena. I am happy to tell you that because I love the game I will no longer focus on a ranger lifestyle, but will play a different role in the Lands of Eternal.

Hiring Bounty Hunters and Mercs sounds like fun also, it lvls another one of my favored skills (roleplay). There are some that choose to ignore it (roleplay) in game and cry out when things don't go their way. Bounties will be made and those who threaten it (roleplay) will be hunted, lured, tracked, followed, and finally pked. Bounties will range from 25,000gc to 450,000gc entirely depending on the target. I will also be starting a new guild called the Justice League of Hope and those who are willing to stand up for whats right (roleplay) are welcome to join the fight against such heretics. Although I am new to Eternal Lands I have experienced such that I see no other option because my character build is destroyed.

Does this go in market channel, off topic, or General chat please move it if so ?

...Sadly I am hanging up my bow because even with my skills I cannot match those that go afk (bot) and shoot with range-lock in the arena....

This is against the rules, do not accuse nameless people without proof. Arenas are checked, not just on ranging days.

Does this go in market channel, off topic, or General chat please move it if so ?

Sorry, we don't have a dramaqueen section.

Hi, I am Olen I put around 20,000 creatures to rest with my bow ...

Hi,

I’m Devnul and I put over 1000 dragons with my bow, so You can call me Robin. :bow_arrow:

Anyway, what is this post all about Olen? Crying that you can’t build a pr0 ranger in 1 month, informing us about your new guild or just trolling?

Edited by Devnul

...Sadly I am hanging up my bow because even with my skills I cannot match those that go afk (bot) and shoot with range-lock in the arena....

This is against the rules, do not accuse nameless people without proof. Arenas are checked, not just on ranging days.

Sorry, we don't have a dramaqueen section.

I fired around 65k Arrows from 38-52 Range in Arena without Robin Tell's. It took me around a week, playing 4-6 hours a day in Arena, Mods would check on me twice/day probably in that time, and ofcourse, I didnt go AFK. The Autoclicker just saved me from getting RSI in my finger clicking 65k Times on a target. :)

Edited by _iNvoKeD

I'm concerned that nobody seems to be treating this with the seriousness it deserves.

Therefore, let me offer myself as the first target of vigilante action. I'm not viewed as a particularily high-value target (Threat-Level: Mauve), but everyone has to start somewhere, right? If however, more motivation is needed, I offer my membership of the International Discordian Conspiracy.

This is also a highly time-sensitive matter, as I, along with the other members of 'The Five' are concerned that the wind will change, and with it, so will your opinion (as evidenced by a large number of your previous posts on these forums.)

So to reiterate:

Kill Tork_Unib, get 25k gc.

Caveat: This offer is only available to olenthered, no namechanges, no offloading the contract to anyone else. Offer expires in ninety (90) days

just what i think of the auto-click feature only my opinion maxine not accusing anyone of anything btw / and dramatic maybe a little, keeps ppl interested in forums maybe :) post what you think all replies are welcome

only point im trying to make is because of it my skill will never compare so taking up a new occupation in game sounds fun

ya i did some nasty things wasn't my intention nb mistake

not pro ranger either just lost respect for the skill and high lvl rangers can go make a sandwhich and lvl up range correct ?

rofl Tork unfortunately I have no desire to accept your offer at this time and am unable to carry out any bounties myself at the moment or anything else in game anyways thanks all offers will be taken into consideration too

ya i did some nasty things wasn't my intention nb mistake

I dont know you , but

I hope you realise how silly this sounds.

I understand from new player point of view, such a goal is hard to reach ... but we cannot blame the arena shooting with the autoclicker usage only.

Ranging is in the game for several years, many topers leveled it to decent level without an autoclicker, without an area, even without Robin Tell days. :bow_arrow:

As I wrote in other topic some time ago, I got my first 40+ levels without arena shooting, I am not autoclicker user but I am not saying it's bad thing, I just refused to use it from my personal reasons. It only mixed the ranking competition a bit because while you got ebul amount of money, time and some day stones maybe, you got pretty fair chance to catch those on top.

But honestly, why not? EL is changing, many skills training are changing as well, some dinosaurs remembering old time could say long stories... B)

I don't think it's reason to quit EL ranger carrier if you like a bow weight in your hands.

Olen i enjoy reading your posts and often think i want a pint of whatever he has. You do supply a giggle on the forums and i dont mean that to disrespect you in any way.

Maybe we can start a new section just for on the forums called "Are you having a f*****g Giraffe" section or "Are you for f*****g real" section

I am intriged to see the total randomness of your posts and that goes with changing your mind so readily. lol keep the entertainment rolling.

Davy

only point im trying to make is because of it my skill will never compare so taking up a new occupation in game sounds fun

The new occupation you take up will never compare either, because you will have alot of people way ahead of you. These people do not want to lose their top ranking and it will be very hard to ever come near them.

not pro ranger either just lost respect for the skill and high lvl rangers can go make a sandwhich and lvl up range correct ?

No, you can not start autoclick and walk away. You have to be at screen and paying attention. There is far more involved in being a good ranger then just the level. Some people in game who have some of the highest levels are the crappiest rangers.

Edited by Nova

ranging is about ur reaction mostly, well u need have perks too. im not close to top 10 in game but i'm pretty good ranger and i go to wtf instances etc. etc. etc.

Level is nothing. at 50 rang +perks u're nearly as good as 70 rang lvl guy perked, just few dmg and perception, so i agree with nova

Edited by Alchemic

No, you can not start autoclick and walk away. You have to be at screen and paying attention. There is far more involved in being a good ranger then just the level. Some people in game who have some of the highest levels are the crappiest rangers.

ranging is about ur reaction mostly, well u need have perks too. im not close to top 10 in game but i'm pretty good ranger and i go to wtf instances etc. etc. etc.

Level is nothing. at 50 rang +perks u're nearly as good as 70 rang lvl guy perked, just few dmg and perception, so i agree with nova

Completely agree with both statements from Dubro and Nova. There are a lot of low level rangers that are better rangers than those with higher levels. As for the level and its effectiveness, the higher the better, but not by much at all.

I am intriged to see the total randomness of your posts and that goes with changing your mind so readily.

Hmmm strikingly similar to shooting a bow in real life 0o the (roleplay) never stops in Eternal Lands it seems. Anyone can buy the best bow in real life too, but being able to shoot a target vs the hunt are two different things the best target shooters just can't get the job done. Btw I dont take (roleplay) as serious as to dress up in EL attire before I login (no offense to those that do) but I do enjoy shooting every arrow and all of mine for a while will be intended for creatures not for a simple target. (roleplay) *Olen picks up his bow dust it off, restrings it, and impatiently waits for the new sun to rise.