Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
OlenTheRed

Bot Banned plus or negative

Hi was thinking about buying a bot of my very own someday and have had a little free time to post.

I noticed in game that its possible for Bot owners to ban another player from making transactions with their bot.

It seems to me that this is more damaging to the player that owns the bot then the player that is banned because bot owners just have to wait longer for their cache to be sold or bought.

Just wondering if their are any positives and/or negatives I'm failing to see.

Speaking as a person who is bot banned from many bots, it makes no difference to me. If I want something from a bot that i'm banned from, i can either get it from another bot for the same price, or a friend will get me from the banned bot :)

It's more so people can take moral highground, and can comment "Banned from my bots!!!"

well, a bot ban is a signal...

the owner , or the guild doesn't want to support ppl who behave against

what they understand as community rules...

and its the only form to do such statement....

and yes geoffrey, its a problem that banned ppl find friends who support them,

for me i can say, its not easy to find such supporting ppl...

and if they didn't do anything bad, why ban them too ?

(same with anti perk...)

for me and LLL guild as bot owners, i can say nope, it doesn't affect the tradings very much

special when the bot is trading stuff needed for quests...

im shure some of the 'bad' ones in game will just say 'bot ban...hahah..' or such

but for us its just to make clear, hey we don't like how you play here...

if you own a bot, you pay for it and can do anything allowed by the rules

you can bann who ever you like, you can make prices as you want, you can trade what ever you want..

up to you.

btw,

you can loose more gc from making the wrong prices, selling wrong items or choosing wrong place then from banning ppl btw ;)

ok, only my thoughts :)

In general I ban people from bots whom I do not trust. In the past there have been people who have deliberately scammed bots.

Others who are simply outlaws - thats a personal choice.

Speaking as a person who is bot banned from many bots, it makes no difference to me. If I want something from a bot that i'm banned from, i can either get it from another bot for the same price, or a friend will get me from the banned bot :)

It's more so people can take moral highground, and can comment "Banned from my bots!!!"

Well no idea how other poeople do it, but if i find out, that somebody buys things from my bot for a banned person, I ban also the one who bought the things ...

eek sounds like a big negative not a very fun game if everbody you see dislikes you, and wont trade with ya or even speak to ya in game. Im begining to see the light i think !

Well no idea how other poeople do it, but if i find out, that somebody buys things from my bot for a banned person, I ban also the one who bought the things ...

[sarcasm]and that's very easy to find out[/sarcasm]

Some items are sold within minutes. You can ban half of EL from your bots and still make a very nice profit.

Try selling daritha stuff, HE, SRs, etc.. Those items never stay long enough on the shelves.

It is not just individual people that I ban from my bot. I have a good number of guilds banned from my bots.

If the people that would try to support someone that is banned from your bot are in a guild that is also banned, they will not be able to support that person as easily.

"More damaging to the bot owner".....it would be more damaging to me to know that scumbag X got something he needed from my bot for anything less than ten times the value than to not sell something.

Never could understand people banning others from bots. It makes a little sens, overpricing would be much better idea, eh?, but that's just me.

People that start with "Your guild/You are banned from my bots" always seemed silly to me and I sure do enjoy ridiculing this way of acting. Their bots, they can do w/e they want to, tho.

My bots can ban people, or make it much more expensive to deal with them. By default if the bot doesn't like you, but you aren't banned, it instead doubles it's price to sell, and cuts in half how much it will pay :)

Never could understand people banning others from bots. It makes a little sens, overpricing would be much better idea, eh?, but that's just me.

People that start with "Your guild/You are banned from my bots" always seemed silly to me and I sure do enjoy ridiculing this way of acting. Their bots, they can do w/e they want to, tho.

It's a roleplaying thing. It's part of the game.

Banning people from bots is no different than bag jumping or red tagging people. It's all part of the role playing aspect of the game. You have to accept that it takes all kind of behaviour to build a community.

However, you can look at it from a different side. Why would I sell my stuff to someone who doesn't like me? Let them go through the trouble of finding someone to buy stuff for them from me instead.

Edited by hussam

I don't own a bot, but I still choose not to trade with certain people.

eek sounds like a big negative not a very fun game if everbody you see dislikes you, and wont trade with ya or even speak to ya in game. Im begining to see the light i think !

It's not everybody you see, just everybody you rob/scam and the people they tell about it. And why not? If someone jumps my bag, why would I want to trade with them? Sell them the stuff that took me longer to make because of them?

I understand that some people choose to play the "bad guys" here, and I accept that it's their way of playing. If others choose to not trade with that kind of people, and warn each other about them, it's their way of playing. Is the latter really harder to accept than the former?

My bots can ban people, or make it much more expensive to deal with them. By default if the bot doesn't like you, but you aren't banned, it instead doubles it's price to sell, and cuts in half how much it will pay :)

:wub::icon13:

That's the way I would deal with it. My message, e.g. "pish off f...rd" is received properly, and if the person I don't like is determined to buy from me I have more profits :D

PS. Ridiculing certain behaviours is also part of roleplaying, isn't it?

*bolded by meh

Edited by Vanyel

Some items are sold within minutes. You can ban half of EL from your bots and still make a very nice profit.

Try selling daritha stuff, HE, SRs, etc.. Those items never stay long enough on the shelves.

Yes, it only takes twice longer.

Im guy who banned from many bots, but its not bad for me, its bad for them,since i go and buy from others bots when i can buy from them.

Yes, it only takes twice longer.

Im guy who banned from many bots, but its not bad for me, its bad for them,since i go and buy from others bots when i can buy from them.

Not twice as longer. hardly a few minutes more. You can easily sell a 100 titanium shorts a day if you slave for your bot.

Like Kaliera stated:

I don't own a bot, but I still choose not to trade with certain people.

I try to sell my items at a fair value and not price gouge, and I do choose NOT to trade with certain people. I also rely on /trustbot and when i don't recognize a player's name, I ask around and check /mercator too.

A bot's ban list and a bot's preferred customer list are both great places to keep track of people you do/don't trust or do/don't like.

To note that someone is not to be trusted, you could just /mybot ban whoever.

When it comes to roleplaying, a bot is essentially your store-keeper and if you don't want a person shopping at your store, you don't have to let him.

Amaara mentioned fair values and such. Well, a number of goods sell at under ingredients price. Why sell an item to a person for under ingredients price when you don't like them? Ban them instead. If you have a good number of allies like PEN does, set the non-preferred price to ingreds + mixer fee in addition to banning anyone you dislike or don't trust.

Qoute : When it comes to roleplaying, a bot is essentially your store-keeper and if you don't want a person shopping at your store, you don't have to let him.

WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO SERVE ANYONE ... 0o see these signs from time to time

also no shirt no shoes no service :o

Qoute : When it comes to roleplaying, a bot is essentially your store-keeper and if you don't want a person shopping at your store, you don't have to let him.

WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO SERVE ANYONE ... 0o see these signs from time to time

also no shirt no shoes no service :o

Used to see much worse than that: "No Dogs, No Blacks, No Irish" - used to see that a lot in pubs in England, but what is the point you are trying to make? Are you implying that bot owners are in some way bigoted for not trading with someone?

nope merely comparing a qoute to my own words in Rl but ud be a fool to think ur post doesnt apply to the most popular mmorpg's i in fact started playining el for what u speak of...

the player base isnt there yet for this problem to occur but el is rapidly growing and i aim to draw a vast amount of new players from other mmo's

el is rapidly growing

really??

i aim to draw a vast amount of new players from other mmo's

really?? lol, why?

Edit: removed unnecessary comment : /

Edited by WiFi

Well, your brother played awhile and youve played the game even less. I don't understand where you get your information on the rapid growth of EL. I've played every single day since january of 2007 and only missed logging on a few days during that time. There is about 100-400 people logged when i log on. There are many accounts, but when we talk growth we need to talk about the people who are logged on not and not about accounts that sit dormant.

I'm all for EL growth and if you can help bring more players to the game you'll be a hero. We could use an influx of new players.