Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Amaara

William Tell Hood

Since ranging can be very expensive, especially for new players or those who are just starting to range, I think a William Tell Hood would be a great addition to the game.

The only hood currently in the game is the Universal Hood while there are many capes in game. The William Tell Hood could be a new tailor-made item, and a Book of Hoods already exists. It could even look like an apple on the head :) just kidding!

Benefits:

* 5% more ranging experience

* Your ranged weapons are slightly more accurate

* 5% more damage

To keep the William Tell Hood limited to new rangers, it can't be worn if more than 30 AP potions have been consumed or if the Wilhem Hood Perk has been taken.

why not make it the same as the perk except for using a cape for the perk use a hood. that way u couldnt have the perk and the hood on. Plus why limit it only to the newbs. Shouldnt it be fair for all to use if they choose too. Aslo it wouldnt be hard to get an AP of 29 and still use the hood whatever your ranging lvl was, there for not making it for newbs anymore. ppl would do this just to by pass the cut off point.

Edit:

But then again I dont think turning every perk into a wearable item is a good idea. This allows ppl to bypass using pp on perks and just use the wearable item. Unless there was a change to how human nexus where used I dont think this is that good of an idea just my opinion.

Edited by Norad

To become a very good ranger requires a huge investment: you need 10pp into perks, buy 60 AP potions and not talking about huge gold coins amount invested into training. Many must have negative perks to cover those pp cost, esp. when they are not pure ranger but combining their skill with fighting and/or other build. To add exactly this perk to wearable item will not be good idea I think - it's too easy just wear an item and get the bonus, don't get me wrong please.

Allowing the autoclick in the ranging arena has downgraded the ranging skill a bit in my honest opinion. Now everyone thinks that training ranging is going there and watching yourself to gain the exp as fast as possible. And only your money limites you. Maybe that's not your case. I understand this supports BIG money sink and helping to burn gc away from game really fast with a cool way. And I understand gaining such exp on top levels in normal way can be almost impossible. It's only my tought that suggested item can damage best rangers with pps spent in both perks pretty bad.

I am only oldschool ranger with first 40+ levels made without the arena and not autoclick user :bow_arrow:

(and I don't have WH perk... yet I hope)

You mean that the difficulty in training ranging is in the clicking part at the arena, not the making the money to buy the arrows and ticket part?

There are capes for many other perks so i dont see how this would be a bad thing other than me needing a WH removal if i wanted the hood. This would increase some sales at the shop which isnt bad either.

The arenas and using auto clickers havent changed ranging. Yes ppl think they are pr0 rangers with higher levels they achieved in the arenas and this is proven many times in invances when they dont know shooting from far causes mobs to flee the tanks. But there is more to the skill than just point and click.

In all yeah some ppl would cry either way , you cant please everyone but i see it as a way to help both game and radu's pocket. With ppl getting higher and higher levels you need to do stuff to keep ppl interested. Adding the new clothes gives ppl a reason to level the skills.

You mean that the difficulty in training ranging is in the clicking part at the arena, not the making the money to buy the arrows and ticket part?

No no, the money is still the most important part. Maybe I wrote it wrong, the time is the key as well (as in any other skill). I see really huge difference between autoclick shooter and me when doing runs in arena. But not really complaining, just a point of view, no worries :)

Caliphear wrote it nicely, it's only about xp grinding, levels are not meaning you are also ranger with a good "skill". I gladly burn any extra money I earn from potioning in arena as well, but I like the other opportunities to shoot things as well (maybe others would not call it exactly "the training").

There are capes for many other perks so i dont see how this would be a bad thing other than me needing a WH removal if i wanted the hood. This would increase some sales at the shop which isnt bad either.

Yeah, but it's capes... from ranger point of view the hood only replaces the visor. I would love to have such an item in game as well, but I think WH makes ranger pretty more powerfull in comparision with similar rangers without it - and the cost in PPs seems be best price for it in my opinion.

Yes the hood would replace the visor which isnt worn all the time. You would have to choose between the wh effects , seeing further in low light, as well as the added hp of a col or rdholm. Depending on your current conditions. While i do agree WH adds some advantages, a lot of 'true' rangers lack in say a/d or magic etc. PP are still spent in the other perks like ER or even Ninja perks, not to mention most rangers spend pp in nexus just to be able to have a stable income to afford the skill.

I haven't even tried using an arena yet. But I do know that with my low ranging level of 24, I spend a lot of arrows missing.

I've tried both the short bow and the crossbow. As it currently stands I probably won't do much more ranging at all. I consider myself an allrounder but at the current cost for ranging, this is one skill that I probably won't even try to develop further until I'm at a very high o/a or unless I get really lucky and harv an 800k stone.

Votes Yes

Neat idea Amaara wish I could wear such an item but have the perk already and I think you should be able to wear it even if ya bought 30 or more ap's.

As far as the gc sink ER Perk maybe better then WH hood if you like shooting alot of arrows and may help you get those early lvl's cheaper. (if your missing alot)

I prefer ranging outside the arena as of now can't justify buying them tickets with such a low carrying capacity, and how do ya autoclick in arena I might try that when I can carry a few more bolts through that gate.

As far as outside the arena ranging (where I lvl the skill) pay attention to where your standing Crossbow seems to work a little better for me when standing in a hole or on a hill then even my Elven bow good for flat shots. I prefer to walk and fire the Elven bow because it has a much faster fire rate. Also shooting some creatures in holes or lower elevations earns me less exp per shot and I really like when the creatures are on the move +++ exp..Astrology has an effect on ranging also I think, but when you start to shoot several 1,000 arrows everyday it may not be something to worry about while leveling the skill (Skeptic perk maybe good).

There are pp's other then perks that *might add exp to every arrow not 100 percent sure. Hope so anyways because I spent like 24pp's to raise the secondary attribute early on and is why I won't be going to the arena for a while.(low emu) Lastly check your light modifier some places not as dark as others #arm for accuracy purposes omg try shooting a puma in the dark in WS. :bow_arrow:

I would like to see this hood (head wearable) in game. With the same stats as the perk besides the experience part.

I don't think I will remove my WH perk and use this but that is my choice. I just like to be able to wear RDHOLM or swap to NV depending on the circumstances without losing my +15% accuracy and 15% damage.

It would be the same choice as taking the NMT perk (and use BPC/Mirror/FR capes), or stick to using the cloak.

How autoclick in arena changed ranging is beyond me. The only difference between autoclick an manually is the chance of getting RSI with doing 6 hrs of clicking yourself.

I see levelling ranging as the same as levelling any mixing skill. When I mix, I can choose to mix for profit and get slow exp, or spend a lot of ingreeds in a school and get fast exp. The same goes for ranging. I can range for profit (small animals, Phantom Warrior,etc) and level slow, or spend lotsa gc on arrows in an arena.

How about giving hoods support roles, leaving helmets for the fighters WH hood for rangers and the summoner perk hood for summoners, or a camo hood etc. Leaving them not realy of use to fighters as they have no armour or def values