Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Norad

Making the game Truely a Classless game

Why not two servers? One with all the changes that were asked for in those post, and the other with no changes. I wonder which one everyone would end up playing on.

Just remember: Be careful of what you ask for. You just may get it.

First of all, i really dont think the player base is anywhere big enough to conisder multiple servers, hows the Pk server doing these days? I remember when I was playing on it when it was brand spanking new and hyped up, it was rather quiet.

As Vanyel mentioned, there is a lack of end game content so to speak. The fact that sky is the limit (or your own personal madness) regarding your skill levels, gotta be a negative thing. I just can not see it beeing positive.

The point of a 6 month old char should be able to compete with a 6 year old char raises peoples eyebrows; I say, why not?? Why should you be so superior just cause you have played the game for longer? Look at the most sucessive MMO, World of warcraft, the game is played and released in phases so to speak. For some time, the level cap is 60, 70, 80 now 85, and soon to be 90. It makes it so new people to the game can catch up to the rest and compete and play with the more seasoned players. I can not see a singel negative side of this. Not saying EL should try and copy wow, but I think certainly it has some interesting ways of doing things that is worth looking into.

I plead you to look beyond your own levels, and reason with me why it would be horrible if more people were around the same levels.

If you distance yourself from EL, and think of it as a game you have never tried. The first thing I look for is, what happends then I am at max level, what is the journey until i get there like? Or is it just an endless grind with no true goal in sight? If the latter, id never bother trying it.

Edited by Albazz

We were all new players at one time. Back when I started, I could see that there was a huge gap between me and the pr0s, this didn't intimidate me. It seems to me that this is the way of all MMO's.

What sets EL apart in my eyes is the lack of so-called 'endgame' content. I wholeheartedly believe this to be a major feature in the game. All of the games I have played for exceptional lengths of time have been open-ended games such as elite/frontier or morrowind. Generally I stop playing these games when I max my character/ship/whatever.

The fact that I've been playing EL for years, and I'm still not close to done is the major attraction to me.

On the subject of two servers, wasn't that the point of the PK server?

The PK server should be a warning to all of those wanting changes. It is not always greener on the other side.

Having said that, why not make all these changes on the PK server? Like you said, the PK server, the way it is, is a bust.

Edited by Zenphon

I get the impression some people see no difference between endgame content and end of the game.

Been playing some games with a nifty end-game content, e.g. lineage or wow. Heck, it was fun to stop striving for levels and focus on gaining game-lore, looking for secrets, raiding, pvping (yes, even me) etc. It sure was fun to be able to compete with people who started playing a few years before me and, apparently, they enjoyed it, too, seing new faces instead of the same ones all the f.....g time.

Edited by Vanyel
I've removed word 'fucking', switching it with 'f.....g'. I'm politically correct!

I Still say, the best place for these changes would be the PK server.

I dare to disagree. I'd love to see these change, yet, I'm not into PK. So... nothing'd change for me, right?

The PK server is not working as it is. There is usually more people on the test server than there is on the PK server. So why is there a need to keep it a 'PK' server? Why not make it the 'Appease everyone' server?

The PK server is not working as it is. There is usually more people on the test server than there is on the PK server. So why is there a need to keep it a 'PK' server? Why not make it the 'Appease everyone' server?

If you mean removing the all-maps PK part of the server then it would make sense, but then... stop calling it "PK server" as it causes misunderstanding.

I'm glad to see my thread getting the much attenton that it needs. With that said I'd like to add that not all char that are 6 months old asking for a change. I started this thread suggesting a change and I've been around for years. The point of a 6 month old char being as strong as a 6 year old char is rediculous to say that my suggestion would cause this. If theres a 6 year old char out there that has been surpassed by a 6 month old char thats because of his own lack of training it properly. It surely would not be caused because of a nexus change ingame. The nexus change would give everyone the same oppertunity to lvl all skill's and still pk with ppl at or around there a/d as them.

Considering how few changes were made to the PK server, hoping for another serve/massive changes to the PK server is a bit of a pipe dream.

Obviously would be nice though, many things that EL could benefit from are probably too fundamental to be changed without a wipe/new server.

there are ways to implement my idea with out a wipe/new server, would require to happen during an update and a well written program to do so, it might even take a little bit of time for the program to run its course but it is still possible. Also I'd like to add I'm yet to see a great reason why this shouldnt be added not that there isnt one out there just I dont agree with those that dont think this would benifit the el community. First if more ppl could and probably would work more skills, ppl wouldnt be so fast to up and quit. Prices would drop because there would be more computition. also imo it would impove on the pk system some. U could still have the nexus removals for those who wanted to remove them and use else where. U could even leave in the possiblity of buying them with 50 hydro bars. This would still help those who wantd to grind and buy perks. So really not much would be changed other then the oppertunity to aquire nexus pp to work mutipule skills w/o loosing your attri so easily which screws with those that wish to works skills and also have a fighting chance.

Just to put my 2 cent in, as far as i know there is at least one player in game now, who have every attribut maxed out, every nexus at maximum needed, allmost all positive perks and almost non negatie. That person probably did spend a fair amount of Real life Dollars into developing his char into that level (if he did not then there are others who did) Do you think that those players who spend years after years getting thier char into that level, who also spend most likly hundreds of rl dollars to the game would appreciate, if their work would get worthless, because in the best case they would have lots of pp they cannot use anymore in worst case all they put in are lost?

Unless this person u are speaking of has all positive perk baughten, with all maxed out attri/nexus then he would suffer a loss. As has many ppl in the past from changes to the game. think of all the ppl that had there attributes higher then 48 when the caps where implemented they suffered a lose yet they chose to either keep playing or left. imo a small price to pay for the greater good of the game.

BTW: if he doesnt have all the positive perks this would definately give him the pp's so he could buy the most of what he has left or atleast most of them.

If he does have everything maxed pos perks along with attri/nexus maybe they could also implemnt for him that his extra pp be taken off and give him his hydro back could be the same npc:

remove 1 pp gives u 50 hydro bars

Edit:

Sounds like this person would benifit more then loose out. Just think he could remove his negs and buy the rest of his pos perks thanks for adding to my arguement :)

Edited by Norad

well, if my mind is still working, radu made EL for about 10 years of gameplay

from new to max levels, that was before haidir...

but what i see too is, some parts of the game got lost

- invasions (we all know the reason)

- a/d training (i got my last a/d levels from 90% haidir)

...and yes, i still can train, but why should i when there is an easy way ;)

EL is a bit different to what you can see on other mmo's

it has a higher need to build teams...

for fightings, for to solve quests, for mix huge ammounts of stuff...

ofc if you want to play it only by your own, you might want to have all skills

and knowledge quite fast...

for me, well we have a nice guild, members who leveled up high different skills

thats what EL is, if you not only PK, a team-play-game

and yes, i want it too, i want max armor, max HP, i want to run all over the invances

single melee dragons...haha, no....for that i have the small single player games ;)

after 3 years of playing i miss one thing here......bring back global invasions

for the thrill :)

ok, so have patience ....or lots of $$ to buy hydro for nexus...

but hmmm, i agree with Aislinn....all the ones buying a high end toon..

this game is created to level up over the years and to have different

classes of players, crafter, manuer, tailer, ranger, fighter....

ok, only my thoughts

?!??!?!

Incorrect!

?!??!?!

Incorrect!

I so agree. EL is probably the only mmo I have ever played which can be played mostly solo (with exceptions of invances/instances).

Edited by Vanyel

EL is probably the only mmo I have ever played which can be played mostly solo (with exceptions of invances/instances).

That is why I chose EL over all the others. It is what makes EL different, and in my opinion BETTER, You can go solo, or you can do things as a team. You have a choice. You are not FORCED to do everything as a team, and you are not FORCED to go solo.

EL is probably the only mmo I have ever played which can be played mostly solo (with exceptions of invances/instances).

That is why I chose EL over all the others. It is what makes EL different, and in my opinion BETTER, You can go solo, or you can do things as a team. You have a choice. You are not FORCED to do everything as a team, and you are not FORCED to go solo.

If lack of team-oriented content makes the game perfect for you, I think you should go for single player games and not mmo ones.

The option is what makes EL better than the rest, I never said I did not want team-oriented content. I just like to have a choice. El gives you a choice. It makes absolutely no sense to take that choice away and make El just like all the other games.

Edited by Zenphon

imo EL is a better game then the others I've played if it wasnt I'd play the other games and not this one. But just because I think its better then the other that doesnt mean that I dont also think there should be changes or improvements on the game, thats why its a beta game not everything has been figured out. Its just one of the aspects of the game that makes it better then the others. My broblem comes when someone trys to tell me EL is a total classless game when its not, in a mannor of speaking. As I have said before This suggestion was created to try and improve on the idea of making it more classless where everyone evenly has the same oppertunity to work more then just a limited amount of skills at the same time. As far as going solo or working as a team goes thats a personal choice that each person needs to decide for them selves.

Almost everyone agrees that there needs to be changes in many different area's this suggestion just touches on one of those areas and my personal opinion. Which has been greatly encouraged that people voice there opinions and ideas, This also sets EL aside from the other games and imo makes it a better game.