Eternal Lands Official Forums
Ladybear

Tribute to Cyberwulf

Here's an idea! Replace Eva (engineering tutorial npc) In Arius Magic School, with visage and name of Cyberwulf as a lasting tribute to his Engineering mastery, a wonderful and helpful player, and a very good guy,

(This idea was from icevodka. I agreed with the idea so I posted it here. )

Ladybear

Yes, please!

I'd love to see Cyber sitting in Arius, teaching and giving reward to his fellow-engineers...

Thank you, Ice, what a wonderful idea! :icon13:

It can't happen. Too many other NPC scripts would be using the original name of the NPC. Someone would have to go thru not only every NPC in Arius but pretty much any NPC in game to make sure the names were changed and then someone else would have to go thru and make the actual changes. Too much potential to miss an occurrence of the original name.

How about a new npc at or near Naralik storage that tells the story of Cyberwulf and his quest to be the best engineer in EL. His friends and guildies could probably contribute details of how he leveled his char and how he started/ran his guild.

It can't happen. Too many other NPC scripts would be using the original name of the NPC. Someone would have to go thru not only every NPC in Arius but pretty much any NPC in game to make sure the names were changed and then someone else would have to go thru and make the actual changes. Too much potential to miss an occurrence of the original name.

The command is "grep -i eva *", run in the directory with the NPC's scripts (assuming they are all in one dir) to make sure all needed scripts are changed.

Anyways, i think, thats a very good idea :icon13:

Piper

I'm just telling you guys what I have been told when I've asked to change the name of an NPC already in game for various reasons. I also assumed it wouldn't be too hard to do, but I've been informed that it's something that doesn't get done. Not just my opinion, it's the word of the Lord High Commander of NPC writers. (ace)

So why don't we incorporate him into the engineering daily quest, as a new npc with a need to be fulfilled?

Or replace the one in TG Magic School which is a duplicate and gives smeg for experience.

Another option would be to do what has been done for some other players, add some text to a tombstone in one of the graveyards with an appropriate inscription.

I don't really think it's a good idea. I know he might've been a good friend of some of the EL players, yet, for quite many, including myself, Cyberwulf was completely unknown. The other problem is the game theme which doesn't have much in common with cyber- (netics,borgs,etc.).

If anything, and I still am reluctant to say it is a good idea, would be something suggested by bkc.

Cyberwulf was my guildie in Dao since he started to play, the guild helped him to achieve most of his engineering level, after he moved to {FD} we stayed friends. He was a really nice guy and good player so deserve some memorial in EL, in any form.

We have other memorials in game and I would love to see one for Cyber.....however I can also see the problems with an NPC being either added or changed. Personally I would love to see a statue in the engineering school that gives a message that its dedicated to Cyber when you either look at, or use it. Cyber loved his engineering and I think something along those lines would be very fitting....with love and light :)