Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Brian_Huting

Wondering

Hey all,

I was wondering some stuff. If it's not in the right forum, please move it.

My girlfriend started to play EL as well and now i know multi-ing isn't allowed, but she has her own char and she has her own pc and we are NOT playing on each other chars.

But i got a few "simple" questions where i only need a simple yes or no.

And for the record, yes i did read the rules, but was still unclear for me.

1) Am i allowed to mix stuff for her that she gets herself?

2) Am i allowed to trade her and sell/give stuff to her?

3) Remote heal her?

4) Pick up her DB?

5) Anything that i have forgotten, but still wondering if it's allowed with 2 players on the same IP.

Thanks in advance.

I guess, that, if it's not obviously multiplay (meaning one char is only miner/muler whilst second one gets all the goods), you can do whatever is allowed to other players. Point is not to ban people on the same IP, but to prevent them from having alts helping them. Two people with two separate chars (caveat: if you log onto hers and vice versa, you lose this privilege) should and usually are treated non multi on the same IP.

I, myself, am speaking from personal experience as me and Holar are relatives and sometimes play from the same IP (two people, two notebooks, two chars, one ISP router :) )

Best answer I can give: ask a moderator in game ("#help_me ..." will get one to answer you). And don't wait until the mods start asking questions :P

Best answer I can give: ask a moderator in game ("#help_me ..." will get one to answer you). And don't wait until the mods start asking questions :P

Definitely the best course of action. Mods also maintain a list of people playing on same IP

Definitely the best course of action. Mods also maintain a list of people playing on same IP

Note to everyone (taking advantage of the topic, not implying a problem with Brian_Huting:)

Caveat to this: Once on this list, it doesn't mean anything goes. You still can't abuse this and take this as permission to do whatever the heck you like with those two characters. If we see anything to indicate one person running both characters, even if you are "on the list", we'll check it out.

(Also you can't add alts into the mix of "regular play" with the mains. None of this "I'll make an alt, you make an alt, and our alts will help each other" nonsense either. That most definitely is breaking the spirit of the rule by invoking an imagined loophole.)