Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
TrueMen

Boss for the 80-100 Invance

Gwaew invance going bad usually means people loosing bags and bricks. Question is - how many bricks or bags lost it gonna be till it is decided to change it back way it was?

...argh - browser crash while writing a reply... so long story short:

Sorry for causing this much trouble and anxiety. If Giants will prove too hard I'll make it a personal priority to plead with radu (whose sole privilege is to decide on changing things and chaning things back) on behalf of all the 80-100 fighters who did NOT want these reinforcements to arrive at Isca Fort's gate!

BUT: let's just see how it goes, first, ok? (see also Thyralax' post)

Also see My post where I commented on it.

Since you are soo happy we got giants don't be late tonight to meet them.Or you are happy for them getting added and not gonna show yourself at all? If you are happy then be happy and come helping with them so you can have first account to see how it goes.

Edited by Viperwitch

I'm not in the 80-100 group anymore either, but know from experience that you can kill giants at that a/d range if you have even a lousy ranger helping.

With a remotely decent ranger, you can kill a giant in less than 30 seconds. You don't need someone with full AP, highest levels, etc when you're only talking about 650 damage to be done. The only real requirement to do it without dying constantly is a tank with no fail restore. If you have a good ranger, or multiple rangers, you can kill a giant in less than 10 seconds. I'd say give it a shot (pun very much intended ;p).

When I first time read this read few days ago (without Gwaew's reply or Entropy's "solution"), I was thinking about naspa.

There are 8 or 9 in 80-100 instance, they drop good, why don't throw two into invance instead of these giants.

They are killable without huge tanking, only worries can go to those who won't be equipped to hurt them well (saw this problem many times with newcommers in our 100-120 invance - but must say for their defense, they learned and we got such problems less and less). Ranging will help here very nicely, doable also with melee only for the bravest.

As many more skilled players told here their opinion giants are too much, this can be a solution. Or, also mentioned frost troll does not sound bad.

On the other hand, as Thyralax wrote, they can do giants as well, worth to try to give it a shot. Aislinn can run one with bigger team for start to try first or she can at least warn them before...

Giants will prove pretty hard (though not impossible) to kill if no rangers are there. Yes it has occurred that no rangers were present in the 80-100 !

If you want bosses, Naspas or 'trices would be easier on a melee-only team. However, i also found that the massive amount of Yeti/MCW are pretty hard when team is small, if bosses then please replace some of these.

Giants will prove pretty hard (though not impossible) to kill if no rangers are there. Yes it has occurred that no rangers were present in the 80-100 !

If you want bosses, Naspas or 'trices would be easier on a melee-only team. However, i also found that the massive amount of Yeti/MCW are pretty hard when team is small, if bosses then please replace some of these.

We have killed giants before in 80-100 Invasions without rangers before so i don't see why everyone is going crazy i really like what radu did someone really hard to make it fun :medieval:

I agree with the OP that some extra bosses would be a great thing to implement in this invance. I do, however, doubt that Giants are the solution to this. I think that 2 Nasparlius would have been a better choice.

The reason is not the 145 attack (according to el-wiki that is same as nasp), but the 145 defense stat of the Giant. Even if attacked with a group of 8 (maximum), it's defense will still be 110 (145 - 7x5) and very hard to hit for this range of fighters. (I think only crits or hits from a reason buffed fighter).

Just my 2 cents.

Nb. I just capped out of this range 1 month ago.

I thinki that if you want to have a big boss - then better have a boss that can be killed without ranger more or less easyli. This gives a chance for a small team to win. 1 Naspa or 1 Trice or 1 Japita may be.

You say more teamwork? Ok, fair enought, but you should know you cannot get the level and quolity of team work in invance like you do in instance only with a few very good people.

If those people are not here and team is small while it could have won before now it would most likely loose. If people begin to loose more then bricks - their stuff as well they stop coming. Team gets smaller and smaller and smaller till the invance itself would poof due to lack of people. Then everyone would loose equally

Also see My post where I commented on it.

Since you are soo happy we got giants don't be late tonight to meet them.Or you are happy for them getting added and not gonna show yourself at all? If you are happy then be happy and come helping with them so you can have first account to see how it goes.

I promise to try my very best to be there - and break my fasting to let my bow help clean up the mess my words have allegedly caused :blush:

Ok here is what I think

To add a bos as bad as Giant all 80-100 invance players would need to vote.

Gwaew you added added us 2 Giants here

Ok, but did you asked what others in 80-100 range think? I aked a few they were horrifyed this is NOT a monster we want here. Even 100-120 got trouble with them sometimes - what we going to do if here is no archer online such as Moon_Dust, no high level summoner as Aredhel who can summonon a wave of Tank_Rabbits to keep him occupied. Some invance I been too had small team sometimes may be 2-3 times we had only gate guard and 3 fighters we won with 20 seconds to spare. People went to re supply one by one so fort doesn't get bare on defence. These supplys cost thousands. And if at the end be soo few to kill a giant with no good archer we all loose.

I am sorry, Gwaew, mcb and ISnipe you just made our invance unwinnable without certain people to be precent.

So, the 3 of you got 2 giants without asking others in this range.

Charming :(

I agree, giants for 80-100 invance is ridiculous. No, Viperwitch it was not my idea for a Giant. I said boss's should be added, but i was refering to ALL invances. And when i talk boss's i mean boss's from INSTANCES that have like 10k hp, which mirror, and drop like 10kgc. Why should the 120+ Invance be the only one getting something like that? I was not refering to something with 650 hp which can probably 2-3 hit some of the 80-100 players.

Ie:

40-60 Invance - Boss Monsters: White Tiger, Fluffy rabbit and Feros

Extremely hard as it is for the 40-60 invance, some even use Rop's to kill them.

60-80 Invance - Boss Monsters: White Tiger, Fluffy rabbit and Feros

Idea: Add a Scarba or Dilimic from 60-80 Instance.

80-100 Invance - Boss Monster: Yeti, Mountain Chimeran

Idea: Add a Japita from 80-100 instance

100-120 Invance - Boss monsters are Cockatrice, Nasparliu and Giant.

Idea: Add a Jego from 100-120 instance

120+ Invance - Boss monsters are Mare Bulangiu and Ice Dragon. Mare Bul from WTF Instance.

Mare Bulangiu Drops: 20-130k. Rare Drops: Rdholam, Scythe, 4 Bronze sword. NEVER FOUGHT IT RARE DROPS MIGHT BE INSTANE ONLY BUT DOUBT IT

Most 120+ Players can kill red drags, or make crazy money off instances, or even farm some Acw. Now they get a Mare Bulangiu in there invance that can drop up to 130k. I am not complaining, just merely stating, that other invances should get a boss monster to that can drop 7k-20k not 20-130k ;) Scraba,Japita,Jego all drop within that range, so i don't see the problem in adding one or two. They are also about 10-12k hp each, so would take time for someone to try to solo it and suceed, not to mention it would be difficult while the aggresive invance creatures will be attacking you.

It is possible to solo giants. But alot harder and time consuming to kill somthing thats 10k hp, and will need more teamwork.

Edited by ISnipe

How is a giant that bad? we have rangers who can kill stuff really fast 2 giants i think is going to be really fun

Giants impossible for 80-100? What? Get SoP, MoL, RDHLM and mirror cape and trust me, it will fall down... even w/o rangers. We killed Novac's one in two people under 100 a/d using this. Sure I needed to diss 2 times and got almost killed, but hey, that's what boss monsters are for, right?

What if the "boss" was added like the invis-rat, but rather than by time have the it/them added when the overall critter count gets blow some threshold (say <10). That way there can be a group focused on them without being picked off or multied by large numbers of other stuff. This is especially important if you want the rangers to come down off the wall and help as they often don't have the build or gear to come out in the thick of things.

Giants impossible for 80-100? What? Get SoP, MoL, RDHLM and mirror cape and trust me, it will fall down... even w/o rangers. We killed Novac's one in two people under 100 a/d using this. Sure I needed to diss 2 times and got almost killed, but hey, that's what boss monsters are for, right?

Not as easy as you think. What if the giant got you alone? Not to mention you said two people under 100 a/d coulda been high 90s. People that go to 80-100 invance can be low 80s. Not to mention you killed a Giant with 2 PEOPLEwith Alot of good gear, and you still had to diss twice. This it WITHOUT Yetis on you aswell, or Mountain Chims.

You also said "Sure I needed to diss 2 times and got almost killed, but hey, that's what boss monsters are for, right?"

Maybe that's your definition as boss monster. Would you consider Ice dragon as boss monster? I would not. Im pretty sure most people consider boss monsters as Castellan, Mare Bulangiu, Bulangiu, Jegos, stuff with high hp, that requires teamwork, with a nice reward at the end. Else what's the point of wasting your time to kill "this" boss monster.

The reason why i said teamwork is because stuff like Giants, Red, Black, Ice drags are mostly pinnable, + people can solo them. Tell me someone who can solo a Castellan, Okay?

Edited by ISnipe

Not as easy as you think. What if the giant got you alone? Not to mention you said two people under 100 a/d coulda been high 90s. People that go to 80-100 invance can be low 80s. Not to mention you killed a Giant with 2 PEOPLEwith Alot of good gear, and you still had to diss twice. This it WITHOUT Yetis on you aswell, or Mountain Chims.

You also said "Sure I needed to diss 2 times and got almost killed, but hey, that's what boss monsters are for, right?"

Maybe that's your definition as boss monster. Would you consider Ice dragon as boss monster? I would not. Im pretty sure most people consider boss monsters as Castellan, Mare Bulangiu, Bulangiu, Jegos, stuff with high hp, that requires teamwork, with a nice reward at the end. Else what's the point of wasting your time to kill "this" boss monster.

The reason why i said teamwork is because stuff like Giants, Red, Black, Ice drags are mostly pinnable, + people can solo them. Tell me someone who can solo a Castellan, Okay?

Boss monster fights need to be hard, we sure can agree on that. Also, if boss gets you alone, it's your fault only. Disengage, call coords and for backup TEAM a get him together. High gear? If you have low gear, you have no business in invance according to established rules as they are by now. And yes, I consider Ice dragons as boss monsters simply enough, that there are not so many people, who can solo them (pinning doesn't count, it's a bug not a feature IMHO).

If there are only few high 90s in the invance, well tough luck. If there would be only 120s in 120-200, we would lose as well. Do not expect to win everytime. It's supposed to be struggle, not free XP :)

lsnipe u crazy or what? who makes u go to solo giants? make team and go kill them even w/o ranger, w/ ranger it takes max 15 seconds.. and thats only 2 giants.

Boss monster fights need to be hard, we sure can agree on that. Also, if boss gets you alone, it's your fault only. Disengage, call coords and for backup TEAM a get him together. High gear? If you have low gear, you have no business in invance according to established rules as they are by now. And yes, I consider Ice dragons as boss monsters simply enough, that there are not so many people, who can solo them (pinning doesn't count, it's a bug not a feature IMHO).

If there are only few high 90s in the invance, well tough luck. If there would be only 120s in 120-200, we would lose as well. Do not expect to win everytime. It's supposed to be struggle, not free XP :)

So you are saying if they are only a few high 90s in invance tough luck as in, they cannot kill the giant? EVEN though you said you did it with 2 people under 100/100 a/d with difficulty (2 DISS RINGS). Yes if they were only 120 in the 120-200 invance you would be fucked ok? Some of the people that go into the 120+ Invance have 160s+ a/d, im sure if 120/120 a/d tryed tanking a mare bulangiu it would be alot harder if someone with 160s did it, yet i've seen people with 140s a/d+ fight giants and they still hit 70s on them. You guys have a WAY better range then 20 a/d lvls.. Everytime you have an invance 30+ People are in it. The majorty of El is all like 100+ a/d. Not to mention rangers from 100-120 can come if they'd like. How many people you see with 60 AP going to 80-100 invance? How many even have 60 AP at that a/d.

What i was saying if you read my other posts, that giant is just to hard for the 80-100 invance. You still did not answer my question. Why should the 120-200 Invance be the only one getting a boss monster from an instance that can drop 20-130k in GOLD COINSThat's without the RARE DROPS. For 80-100 invance it would be more suitable to have a Japita. 120/70 a/d, can drop 7k, 10k hp.

Oh and whenever you "DISS" you would most likely get attacked by all other AGGRESSIVE creatures.

Oh, and you can have low gear in certain invances. Not to mention i was not being specific when i said low gear, you just went ahead and assumed. Low gear can be steel, comapred to Ice/Blue. Why use steel and get atleast 5 poins of extra dmg from the cold when you can use ice ;)

When did i say i expect to win everytime? I never said that. Looks like you're just throwing words in my mouth again. It always is a struggle not just free xp, who said it was free xp?

Edited by ISnipe

lsnipe u crazy or what? who makes u go to solo giants? make team and go kill them even w/o ranger, w/ ranger it takes max 15 seconds.. and thats only 2 giants.

Yeah im crazy, so better watch out in pk ;D. I never said "go to solo giants" I said what if it came and got you alone, while you fighting 2 yetis or something.. that's all. Yea, would be easy with a ranger, but how many rangers are even within 80-100 a/d? 10 tops?how many of them have 60 AP? 5 tops? How many rangers for 120-200 100 tops? How many have 60 AP 100 tops? Just my opinion, rough estimate.

How many rangers make profit from Invance? Only the 120-200 a far as i've seen.

Mare Bulangiu

~20k-130k Gold Coins

Rare Drops:

1 Red Dragon Helm of Life and Mana

1 Scythe

4 Bronze Sword

Edited by ISnipe

Yeah im crazy, so better watch out in pk ;D. I never said "go to solo giants" I said what if it came and got you alone, while you fighting 2 yetis or something

do NOT go alone and that wont happen, if that will happen when u're around ppls u will easy diss.

Yeah im crazy, so better watch out in pk ;D. I never said "go to solo giants" I said what if it came and got you alone, while you fighting 2 yetis or something

do NOT go alone and that wont happen, if that will happen when u're around ppls u will easy diss.

Going alone or not wont make a difference, not like Mm claok will stop them from attacking you. All creatures are aggresive.

No, Truemen im not. Which is why if you go to 1st,2nd page you will see i said all invances should have boss monsters.

Edited by ISnipe

Going alone or not wont make a difference, not like Mm claok will stop them from attacking you. All creatures are aggresive.

No, Truemen im not. Which is why if you go to 1st,2nd page you will see i said all invances should have boss monsters.

If you are not in the 80-100 range WHY are you saying we can't kill/have giants i think giants as a boss if fine i am not doing them to make money that is what Instances are i know a lot of them people in the 80-100 range don't care if they make that much money because half of everything we get goes to the rangers i think giants are fine and i really like that radu is added them

And we were NOT talking about all of the invances levels here we were talking about the 80-100 noth the 40-60 or 60-80 or the rest of them

Edited by TrueMen

If you are not in the 80-100 range WHY are you saying we can't kill/have giants i think giants as a boss if fine i am not doing them to make money that is what Instances are i know a lot of them people in the 80-100 range don't care if they make that much money because half of everything we get goes to the rangers i think giants are fine and i really like that radu is added them

And we were NOT talking about all of the invances levels here we were talking about the 80-100 noth the 40-60 or 60-80 or the rest of them

Wow, anger managment ok... Why should i make another post about a boss monster? might as well just add it onto here. It was an idea that all invances should get boss monsters. And that was my opinion about the giant, no need to get pissed. Sure if you wanna loose rostos up to you w.e. Sure if you don't care about money give me some gc, no? Only fair that all invances get boss monsters, not just 2.. im ean why leave 60-80 out, and 100-120..

This just shows how selfish you are, only want stuff to benefit you. When you go online players on el page, you don't just see Truemen online.

Edited by ISnipe