Eternal Lands Official Forums
LazerKitty

Special Combat Map

Here's my idea:

Entering works just like an instance, with the channel and everything, but no level caps. (high or low) Only 10 players max can join at the same time though, and it is possible to go in with just 1 player.

All players spawn in the middle of a medium size, roughly circular map. Some epic battle music begins.

Starting with very low level enemies (such as bunnies), monsters begin spawning and slowly work their way upward in difficulty. Drops are normal, but with chances to drop rare items/coins or whatever (just like in an invance).

The mobs would spawn in waves, such as

Wave 1:

Bunnies, rats, beavers

Wave 2:

imps, foxes, wolves

Wave 3:

Goblins, Skeletons, small gargs

Each wave would be timed, based on difficulty. Eventually you would get up to extremely hard mobs.

Rewards:

When a player dies, he is taken to IP and granted a prize related to the number of waves he survived.

For each wave survived at the end of each wave, all the remaining players get exp based both on the number of waves survived and the number of players left. (more players left, more exp. encourages working together) possible equation: (waves survived + players left) * 3

If a player does not fight in 2 waves in a row, they are kicked out without the final payout. To prevent this from happening by accident, all mobs are hostile and there are more mobs per more players. (not hard to code)

All players would be granted a rosto on entering and have it taken away at the end. Concept is to make it fun, not hard, even for a total noob.

I think this would be awesome.

What do you think?

Biff

So a risk free private invasion with an xp bonus, of course people will go :P

True lol... ok remove the exp bonus. I'd like it to stay risk free because the point is you go till you die.

(: :medieval:

I would keep the xp reward and make having a rostogol in inv a requirement to enter.

Give the option to leave at the end of every three waves or something. Also I think you would need to kill a certain number of monsters per wave to stay in, and xp is calculated at mobs_killed * multiplier. (Say for example the server spawns 15 mobs per player, you need to kill at least 8 of them.)

That's how I would do it, at least.

How I like to see it:

- Make it 5 man Max.

- If you die, you wont lose your items/gear.

- 2nd wave starts after 1st wave is defeated.

- Talk to NPC to stat next wave.

- No rewards or exp bonus.

- A daily quest where you do get exp bonus or items.

( maybe if you go with 5 man its like 90% difficulty.

4 man is 100%

3 man is 110%

2 man is 120%

1 man is 130%

This is so you get less solo boring grind, and more community based gameplay.

And you can also do 5 different dailys with different difficulty's and rewards.

And the % is per payer so if you are with 5 and 2 are afk it wont be easyer then with 3 (5x90 is more then 3x110)

- Just One gameday Cooldown (but the daily quest 4)

- If some one dies he/she can join again after the wave is completed

(the NPC where you start the next wave must have an option to revive the party,

they will get a box that pops up where they can choose if they wanna join again or not.

If they dont join anymore the event will automatically scale back to the richt difficulty)

- No lvl requirements, players cant boost low lvls because there are no rewards.

- After every wave you can vote at the NPC if you wanna kick some one that is afk or something

( AFK'ers wont get exp at all because they dont fight so thats also no problem)

- A boss at the end of every wave

(just look a little to the Tower Defence games with the waves)

I think this would be awesome.

What do you think?

If I come up with more ideas I let you know,

With

Edited by with

Nice idea ,

I like te risk part in this game without it will be prity boring!

So i dont see the point not loosing a rosto when you die.

If it gets to mutch just (diss and) tele out.

then you get the reward for the level you completed.

The higher the level you complete the better the price and more chance to die and loose a rosto.

So If you dont wanne die just stop in time.

Make it like ~10 waves , starting with bunny's ending with dragons 8> !!

I like the waves based on time to prefend multitrain.

Nice idea ,

I like te risk part in this game without it will be prity boring!

So i dont see the point not loosing a rosto when you die.

If it gets to mutch just (diss and) tele out.

then you get the reward for the level you completed.

The higher the level you complete the better the price and more chance to die and loose a rosto.

So If you dont wanne die just stop in time.

Make it like ~10 waves , starting with bunny's ending with dragons 8> !!

I like the waves based on time to prefend multitrain.

I think 10 waves is to low. Ppl from lvl 30 a/d need to have fun also, maybe if you are lvl 120 you can kill it realy fast. And if you kill it within X. time (realy fast) it skips like a few waves so its fun for all players.

Edited by with

Horrible idea, just like a normal instance.. If ppl wantedd they can just use scales or w.e to reduce time

Just my opinion..

1. It's really the same + all pro's rather go together instead of 10 random.

2. Waste of time for rabbits, rats, beavers really..? Should be people 60+ a/d if anything just like normal instance.

3. People can easily not help the other player if they hate them and let the monsters get him.

4. Radu would never make it 1 man or 2 man team even if he does Tanks can easily level in there.

5. What i understand is you're trying to get drops like normal instance and get xp at the end in ip based on your a/d. Doubt it will happen.

6. The rosto granting will never happen, no risk but you can get good xp and good drops.

Good idea though, just needs tweaking, atleast you're trying props for that. I'd prefer something pk based anyways, since we already have instances/invances they are nice and appreciated.

Edited by ISnipe

Horrible idea,

Good idea though,

You, good sir, have contradicted yourself somewhat

Your right i did. Felt to harsh w/ my comments, and what's your point if i did or not?

What i meant to say is good effort, at least he's trying to get something going.

Edited by ISnipe

But now you just want thesame like in a Inctance?

I think you also need low lvl fun stuff now its like the holy trinity do boring stuff before fun stuff.

And Btw they also need to make a lvl 30-50 and 50-70 and so on Inctance so you always play them now you are just there for the EMU at the low lvls

If you can get in more of them at one lvl you can do a normal and hard difficulty.

Now the (in 60-80) the 60-70s play it hard and the more experienced lvl 70-80 play it normal.

Its little backwards dont tou think?

let me know if you want this in a new topic!

With

Edited by with