Eternal Lands Official Forums

I have recently returned to EL and a lot of stuff is different from when I last played. One thing that i find to be rather disapointing, is the lack of contests ran by the Almighty creator of these lands.

Radu used to run some great contests with pretty good awards and a lot of people took part in the. But it is my understanding that its been years!! since this happened. So what happened??

So, Mr Radu, why dont you run them anymore? And is it likely that youll do some in the near future?

Your understanding is incorrect; there have been a number of contests run/sponsored by radu over last year.

I remember the mods running the fun contests. IIRC they were able to run them because players would donate prizes. With the price of everything spiraling ever upward and the find rate of rares (seemingly) drying up, I don't think many people are finding themselves with spare anything to give as prizes. There aren't even as many player run contests anymore.

I remember the mods running the fun contests. IIRC they were able to run them because players would donate prizes. With the price of everything spiraling ever upward and the find rate of rares (seemingly) drying up, I don't think many people are finding themselves with spare anything to give as prizes. There aren't even as many player run contests anymore.

Personally, that matches my experience. Only 1 (one) player has donated prizes for contests in the last few months, and my ability to draw from my own storage is limited since I can play only a little at night - the times of full-day harvesting are gone.

So, indeed... yes, with higher prices and less donations (and the usual lot of complaints), running contests has become more difficult, and also less rewarding. Still, we do have contests from time to time - just stay tuned! :)

Personally, that matches my experience. Only 1 (one) player has donated prizes for contests in the last few months, and my ability to draw from my own storage is limited

(and the usual lot of complaints), running contests has become more difficult

Even once there was a time when players were happy to win a pair of cursed leather pants or a medallion or a shield, instead of expecting a radioactive broad sword with integrated Wlan, GPS and a toaster as a prize ^^

Piper

Who doesnt remember Pipers awesome clues when he was hiding. I see a tree, come find me! or I see something green, where am I!

But yeah, contests were fun, the prices dont have to be full dragon set armor or tit serpent sword :) It used to be for fun!

Who doesnt remember Pipers awesome clues when he was hiding. I see a tree, come find me! or I see something green, where am I!

I don't :'( Was so loooong ago :(

Edited by Vanyel

I don't :'( Was so loooong ago :(

Ummmm..

weren't you the guy who nearly won like 100 leather pants during my contests?

And you even can't remember that?

Shame on you, Vanyel, shame on you!

But that reminds me of some other funny contests, we did at the early times of Eternal Lands.

Playing quests:

Players were acting as NPC's, there was a short story line, each player participating had had his story book, just a few sentences to say, when a player playing that quest arrived, then the players moved on and tried to find the next "NPC" in that story, and finally reached the last player in that "quest" and had a chance to win a price.

That was quite funny. We, my guild, the Eternal Guardians, had hosted at least 3 or 4 of such contests.other guilds did somthing similar.

Later, Lord_Vermor/Acelon took over that business for a bit of time and hosted some nice "quests" too.

Should we start to do such player hosted quests again?

Opinions?

Volunteers?

Piper

Personally, that matches my experience. Only 1 (one) player has donated prizes for contests in the last few months, and my ability to draw from my own storage is limited

(and the usual lot of complaints), running contests has become more difficult

Even once there was a time when players were happy to win a pair of cursed leather pants or a medallion or a shield, instead of expecting a radioactive broad sword with integrated Wlan, GPS and a toaster as a prize ^^

Piper

I lol'ed

Oooooh do i remember those contests, yes i do. I sucked at them, but it was fun. I remember players doing contests on 6 as well. I know i did a few. When i was rich and rosto's cost 12-13k gc.

Edited by Kylara