Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
yethq

Diseased States and Enriched Heath Essence as cure

I thought it would be interesting if we could introduce diseased states into game, which there could be several different ones and each would cause different damage to stats, overall health points (amount you can have under the state) or overall etherial points. The only way to get rid of diseased states is to 1 live with it for an extended period of time,,,,(eventually would go away) or use a cure, which could have an enriched heath essence to make a batch. I think this would be an interesting addition to the game.

Good idea

Exept the possibility of this cure beeing from shop only and not profitable to sell in game - then here could be problems. Personally I don't want to get stuck with something bad for HP or mana.

Illiness that can for example make you loose 2-4HP per minute would make it very tought to play or wear something expencive without rosto.

not something you actually lose health with, you lose stats, so if you had a max health of 170 without CoL you might only have max health of 145 or whatever under the effects of a diseased state. Same with mana or stats, you might lose some dexterity of might from a diseased state. This would make you less effective as a fighter until you got cured or it went away in time. So that is what I had in mind, not loss of health like with poison.

It would depend on how you could get the diseased state, and how rare the enriched health essence would be. It would be the first time a cure needs a rare ingredient (afaik). E.g. poisoning can mostly be avoided, and is rather easy to deal with (and cures are rather cheap and abundant: HE or antidote). If disease would for instance be a harvesting effect, with a cure requiring a rare essence, not so nice. If disease would be cumulative, well, the less said the better...

Also, this could be rather hard on players low on the stat that gets hit (beginners, but also some builds and just after a reset).

So I guess I'm not sure this would work out well in practice, seeing what tends to happen to rare items that see a sudden new use (take rostogol stones, for instance (and invance :P )).