Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
isk

mule changes

I did a search for this and did not find it so please forgive me if this has already been discussed.

1/ Allow mules to trade with other players and bots. In mule form, I can buy/sell as much as I want with an npc but not with another player or bot.

2/ Allow mules to cast tele to portals and tele to range. In mule form, I can use rings to get around but not cast spells to do the same thing. I know you cannot use a ring for ttr - that is just a personal preference.

Isk

well turn back into human shape => cast teleporter => use mule stone

Some things have some deeper thoughts in them, i wouldn't quest them

Edited by roman_gruber

Well, trading to NPC while not be able to trade bots and players is a bit silly. If you trade with player, you have to use the unsafe drop-the-bag-walk-onto-it style. So I agree with the first suggestion. Casting spells is another chapter and perhaps, there is a reason to it...

Here is your answer to the casting spells idea, look at the post from 13th September: http://eternal-lands.blogspot.com/2008_09_01_archive.html .

I remember reading this and being annoyed because the mule was less useful without spells, and the decision to disable spells seemed ad hoc to me, but Radu says in the post that on second thoughts he doesn't want the mule to be so powerful.

I don't know why we can't trade. Maybe the best explanation we're going to get is that mules don't have hands.

Here is your answer to the casting spells idea, look at the post from 13th September: http://eternal-lands.blogspot.com/2008_09_01_archive.html .

I remember reading this and being annoyed because the mule was less useful without spells, and the decision to disable spells seemed ad hoc to me, but Radu says in the post that on second thoughts he doesn't want the mule to be so powerful.

I don't know why we can't trade. Maybe the best explanation we're going to get is that mules don't have hands.

Or that using mules to haul when mixing bag projects isn't meant to be safe?

I wonder, how mules are able to trade with NPC then? :P Some secret telekinesis, mere players or bots don't possess? :P

I wonder, how mules are able to trade with NPC then? :P Some secret telekinesis, mere players or bots don't possess? :P

Yeah, it does seem quite weird that we can't trade with bots or players, but with NPCs we can. After all we pay 160gc/min for the privilege of higher EMU, why run the risk of being bagjumped on top of that cost?

well turn back into human shape => cast teleporter => use mule stone

Some things have some deeper thoughts in them, i wouldn't quest them

Fyi:

If you turn off the mule while carrying capacity is higher than your normal emu, you can cast the teleport to range spell but you can't actually teleport anywhere unless you drop enough stuff to make your emu positive...