Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest James

Game crashing

Guest James

Ok so... the application crashes when I go to 'Create Account'. I've read through similar posts and someone mentioned changing the settings of 'fullscreen' to 0. It was already set to this, yet the game was full screen anyways... Besides this useless suggestion, does anyone know why the game automatically crashes when making a new character / logging in?

Maybe you could try to update your video card drivers (do not use windows update, go to the factories website.

A comment "it automaticly crashes" is not very helpful, perhaps more information would help?

Guest James

Maybe you could try to update your video card drivers (do not use windows update, go to the factories website.

A comment "it automaticly crashes" is not very helpful, perhaps more information would help?

I'm not sure how else to define 'crash' to you... I open up the client, click 'New Account', shortly after I get an error that the application is not responding and I can either check for solutions online or simply close the program. I don't know how to say that any more simpler for you; what else do you wish to know?

What is your computer?

What is your video card and have you updated the video drivers (if you post your video card people can help you find the best drivers, or look here)?

What is you version of Windows?

Before you click on 'create char', try using the settings button to make the following changes:

Troubleshoot tab (last one) - select poor man

Video tab - scroll down to bottom and disable 'Use animation program'

Ok so... the application crashes when I go to 'Create Account'. I've read through similar posts and someone mentioned changing the settings of 'fullscreen' to 0. It was already set to this, yet the game was full screen anyways... Besides this useless suggestion, does anyone know why the game automatically crashes when making a new character / logging in?

1. Not a useless suggestion. It has worked for others, but didn't happen to work for you.

2. Can you find your error log? Do you know how to post it here? That very likely tell you what caused your "crash". "Crash" is not a useful term as there are many different reasons a client might not start or stop working after starting, depending on one's system. (in xp, it happens to be start -> My Documents -> Eternal Lands -> log -> main_xxxx(some combination of letters and numbers replace the xxxx.)

3. Please post your system specs as requested above also. It's hard to help when we don't know what you have that could have gone wrong.

4. I see your character was online for 23-ish minutes. Could you describe what happened during those 23 minutes? Did it crash "immediately" and you were frozen for 23 minutes or were you able to move around, talk, do things, and crashed when you did something like go through a door or went near water, or something else at the end of those 23 minutes?

Sat Mar 10 04:26:10 2012 Character Flight [xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx] was created!

Sat Mar 10 04:26:10 2012 Flight [xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx] logged in

Sat Mar 10 04:49:21 2012 Flight [xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx] was disconnected

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this