Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
GreyElf

Need new daily for alchemy

Hi 'advanced newbie' here. I play EL because I don't have to combat if I don't want to.. Not the least interested in fighting games. Too many dailies giving a/d experience. What about us mixers.?

edit: fixed typos

Edited by GreyElf

Alchemy is vital to almost every skill, you get enough experience in it as is.

And fighters don't get enough experience as it is? I don't think that that is a valid argument ....

I think it is a very good suggestion to have dailies for mixers aswell.

And fighters don't get enough experience as it is? I don't think that that is a valid argument ....

I think it is a very good suggestion to have dailies for mixers aswell.

To be honest EVERY skill should have its own daily. :)

There is not such thing as mixer and fighters, Just some people prefer mixing as it is, Most highly a/d fighters are high mixers as well, EL is classless gam.

As for the idea i don't have any problem, more daily quests is fine by me

Edited by Mistral

Harvesting skill has the Xaquelina Daily Quest. In addition Harvesting even has Alexsei Day for triple experience. It's absolutely fundamental to the game. Can't avoid getting experience in harvesting.

Combat skills have the Haidir Daily Quest ... and also Sun Tsu Day for double experience. Definitely need a/d to gather animal skins, bones for bones powder, and meat for food. Very fundamental to the game.

Alchemy ... nothing. No special quests ... no special day.

hi - I wish it would give a daily for all mixing skills . Not a devivering daily but a mixing daily.(so all the "Most highly a/d fighters .. high mixers" can take part also). Why not give Mixers the chance to gain some more xp per day? Mix some stuff - give it away and gain some gold and some xp

Edited by BruSu

It's hard enough to provide essences and potions even for my own needs, let alone some greedy and hungry NPC

Then how comes I have like 3 times more XP in attack or defense doing only daily quests, while alchemy lags big time, even after regular usage :)

Then how comes I have like 3 times more XP in attack or defense doing only daily quests, while alchemy lags big time, even after regular usage :)

Do not try to confuse people with facts!

Alchemy, Magic, Crafting, Ranging - the dailies we really lack. And it is kinda unfair that a/d get 2 dailies that prowide such high exp, while other skills dont even have one :/

hi - I wish it would give a daily for all mixing skills . Not a devivering daily but a mixing daily.(so all the "Most highly a/d fighters .. high mixers" can take part also). Why not give Mixers the chance to gain some more xp per day? Mix some stuff - give it away and gain some gold and some xp

I really like this idea. A daily that requires you to use the Manufacturing window for bonus experience in alchemy or potions or magic or summoning. Something for almost everyone!! We'll leave the 'higher' skills alone - they can remain as a struggle or super challenge to level up. We need some things to be difficult after all.

I am supporting the idea of adding dailies for other skills. Maybe this could add to the diversity of the player base. Nowadays everybody and his dog has quite reasonable high combat skills, but a lot of them lack even the basics of any of the production skills. It's not even necessary to skill any of the skills beyond combat and the easiest and most effective way to level is actually by doing combat and only advance in any of the other skills later on if and when a player is in the mood to do so. I doubt this is the way the game was originally meant to be. Actually without leveling combat one will have quite a hard time in increasing their skills.

An easy way to get started with this, would be to convert Daritha's quest from giving a/d experience to actually give manufacturing experience, because this is what a player actually does when he or she is doing the quest. But the actual manufacturing xp one gets when one makes the items herself is nuts compared to the combat xp one receives when one turns in the quest. The quest should then be changed so the items cannot be bought from others but must be made by the player doing the quest.

The whole idea has IMHO some issues with balancing though. As almost anything in the game is buyable at NPCs or at least from other players, I see people which are dedicated mostly to fighting doing those quests and increasing their levels with the skills without actually using the skill. The dailies should then work in a similar way as Xaquelina's harvesting daily and only count, if a player makes the items actually by herself.

Edited by Malaclypse

if we do get a alchemy daily, I think it should be harvest your ings and mix them. This adds some challenge. For example, one task would be harvest 10 hydro ores (you get a message here), mix them into a bar (you get a message here too) and deliver it to the quest NPC for your reward.

Theres also a problem with current dailies besides a/d. The exp they give is... VERY bad.

Xaquelina's daily 15k exp on a LUCKY task. 6k on a bad one (for me). While i get 10k from hourly harvesting exp. Worth bothering? only if you are VERY bored.

Minel's daily 120-500 exp/lvl. at lv50 you get 6k for a bad task up to 25k for a good one. The good task is kindaaaa fine, but the lower ones... not even worth bothering.

Tatu's, Kaleb's, Dorel's daily 4k exp. You kidding me?!

Its just that it feel like a/d dailies are the only ones that are actually worth bothering, everything else is just.. awww.

And it is obvious that by doing a/d dailies you can level up just fine, even at high lvls, while you wont reach any decent lvl with any other dailies.

Edited by Helklo

Dailies shouldn't replace "exping". For me it's only addition. My opinion is that you should make some effort to lvl in mix skills, not buy X items and get XXX k exp every day. I appreciate dailies, even they give me only few k exp. In long term this few k gives few M.

If it goes about harv daily- from hhh I get only 6,6k from daily in my case average is 15k, so it's worth for me.

Dailies shouldn't replace "exping". For me it's only addition. My opinion is that you should make some effort to lvl in mix skills, not buy X items and get XXX k exp every day. I appreciate dailies, even they give me only few k exp. In long term this few k gives few M.

If it goes about harv daily- from hhh I get only 6,6k from daily in my case average is 15k, so it's worth for me.

Im not saying it should replace exping, Im saying there should be some point in doing them, at the moment i can yield way more exp by just doing regular mixing while I also get to keep what i make.

In example. Tantu gives 4k alc/pot/eng exp. Lol? I can get 4k alc exp by spending 2mins in sto mixing stuff that i usually pay to get mixed. And it also involves spending money on shapeshifting items, while at sto i dont have to pay anything, I actually save money by not paying someone to mix stuff.

You see where im getting here?

Edited by Helklo

The combat players have been making the most 'noise' and therefore have had items added to the game that suit them. The rest of us need to make some 'noise' as well. Constructive noise that is.

How can we make this happen? Should a mod or long time player start a poll? Can we start with some definite suggestions for a new daily quest for mixing?

I am not against the idea of new dailies added, even while I am not doing all dailies on daily base anymore (and that includes also Haidir). I just don't have so much time for the game anymore and doing the same hour or two every day is getting boring in long time scale. New dailies can bring little variety depending on player's choice and mood and playtime to choose what he will do. So yes please :icon13:

But I agree with Hussam, it needs to be a bit more challenging or interesting than buying X items from other player/bot/npc and burn it into daily exp boost.

I personally like Dorel. Yes, the exps are tiny but the missions are different enough from each other that I am always looking forward what I will get (and curse when I need to harvest honey again :devlish: or need to cancel Apala's one as bindings current price is just too high to get steel helm made). I love Zhena rings job, or burning books for nice money and exp, animal skins at Maia is good one too, also running task for Arona is not bad when you are moving around anyway..... so I think if something new should be added, let it be something like Dorel missions. Various skills, several missions at one NPC.

+1, absolutely agreed

Tantu gives 4k alc/pot/eng exp. Lol? I can get 4k alc exp by spending 2mins in sto mixing stuff that i usually pay to get mixed. And it also involves spending money on shapeshifting items...

The 4k reward is not the point, how many ave you made so far? The potion one will give you 60 vials and one rare hidden reward which is pretty cool and worth much more than 300gc from others. And personally, even when I am eng level 74 - 4k engineering exp is very nice, doing this daily when moving to c2 so it's handy one for a change when I got time to do it.

Ooops long post,

thanks for reading :)

What about the idea to have NPCs in the schools. They could ask the players to improve their skills by mixing there some items. The reward might be some xp. So no chance to buy the xp.

What about the idea to have NPCs in the schools. They could ask the players to improve their skills by mixing there some items. The reward might be some xp. So no chance to buy the xp.

+1 Thats a very nice idea.

A great idea. Dailies are a great addition to the every single online game I have ever played.

I, too, agree with people claiming there is the not-so fair difference in the experience awarded in a/d and other dailies.